Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

What a bad day... first get my Double Saber stolen by some jerk named "Ethan Hawk"... then as the day progressed, things seemed to be getting better until two jerks accuse me of taking 20k mes while us three were in a shop. For one... Why would I steal 20k??? I can make that much in one game of HARD! it's not that difficult to get that kind of mes. For two, I was robbed earlier, in the same damn day... you think I'd know what it feels like to be picked off~ I guess all I can do from now on is play pass games with friends since practicly NO ONE shows any sign of trust anymore. One good reason why this game isn't as good as it could be.

Unfortunately, I have a similar story to relate. Although there was a little twist in the timing compared to your story Star. While playing, on VHard mind you, a char by the name of Cam'ron told me I stole his Meseta while I rev'd him. Checking my own cache, I realized that I only had 668 Meseta. 668! I dropped it in an effort to prove him wrong and he took it and thanked me. 668 Meseta on VHard is what...nothing...

Anyway, we piped back to the surface and then he and a character named Mellia set up a trade. It was to be a DBsaber for the DelSaber's Left Arm. No problem right?

Well, Mel gave the Saber and Cam'ron gave the Right Arm. Mel already had the Right so the deal was a no go right? Wrong. Cam'ron offered Meseta instead, but Mel didn't want it...

After bickering and telling us that he wasn't a thief, the idiot ran off with both items anyway explaining that he really wanted the item. Oh...I see...you really wanted it. Well in that case I guess it's okay that you thieved it from an innocent. And he accused me of stealing 668 Meseta???

In closing, I have to agree (sadly) with Star. This is a major failing in the game. A trading procedure could have been coded into the game. Now all I do is try to hook up with those that I already know won't cheat me.

Sad to say, but I am really leary of new people I play with until they have "proven" themselves. You know how it is. 2nd rate weapons...deposit Meseta every trip to the ship...always watching who picks up what. It adds an element that I don't enjoy in the game.

I agree with everything that's been said except the title of this thread. You don't have to be clever to be a thief, you just have to be mean.

sadly, that's the rot in online gameplay. Perhaps they should make a maturity/integrity requirment before being allowed to play online

The sad thing is most people in the U.S. who plays have this sudden urge to claim everything as theirs. I played on the Japaneses server for a year and never had this problem. Ever since the game came out to the american public all this chaos started happening. Yes I know not all americans are like this just MOST of them. I have met a few who are very trustworthy and ALOT and I mean ALOT who steals, cheat, or lie. Already lost a few good weapons and because of this I no longer play on the U.S. servers unless its password protected.

DW, I am an american and I hate to say that I agree with you completly. I have been playing online for 2 days and my first game ever online was a screaming match between two players over who stole what.

The second day myself and another got sexually harrassed by another. It's just sickening. But at least I know that once I meet some good people that I can do only passworded games and will be much better.

For example. Yesterday some guy was trading a D2 saber for 75k of mesetas. I said to my self, "lets give this guy a chance."... The worse he can do is try to hack into my bank and steal all the money. To me 75k is nothing since I have over 2mil on me. One mil in the bank and the other on me. So I went ahead and dropped the money on the floor expecting the guy to drop his D2 saber. You all can guess what happen next. The guy took the money and left. I asked where is the D2 saber. Before he left his only response was this, "Sorry, nothing personal.". To me that is just sad. Hell if he needed money I would have gave him some, but instead he decided to steal it. That just tells you people rather steal than asked politely for the things a person needs.

oh how agree with all of you here...

i usually don't play on us servers because i read too much about people stealing... but today i just forgot all about it, i was playing with some nice people... no problems at all, everybody was very nice, i gave up a few items and money because they were all on lower levels and it wasn't much to me...
    then this guy (ViolentJ) joined the game... he died and i revived him (without taking his items), i guess since we were all standing in the same spot somebody must have picked up his weapon, accidently... he started yelling that somebody got his weapon... the whole room was full with monsters so really no time to look or even answer... i looked anyways and so did the others... obviously in a room full of monsters, really not a good idea... we all died... except for him.... so all of us being dead, he runs around, picks up everything we dropped and left...

i am really disappointed and mad. when i started playing the japanese version of the game i learned that it is about teamwork, and if you can help somebody with an item you don't need anymore you give it to them... i received so many items in my early days... and i had level 70 players drag me along on level 5... they didn't care, i think they had fun just like me...
    i am doing the same for other new player, because that?s what this game is all about and it is so much fun, but it sure isn't fun being ripped off just because there just wasn't the time to clear things up...

this game is so much fun when played with the right people, finally there is a game where you don?t have to kill each other but play together and i really wish that all those thiefs out there will realize that or stop playing the game, they don?t seem to have as much fun as i do anyways if they are always on the run after stealing stuff...

well i?m happy this board exists, i feel a lot better now, i have hope that not everybody on pso is a thief...

but i have learned my lesson and i will be playing on the japanese servers again... it is such a pleasure to play with polite honest people...

(sorry for the long post...)

Funny situation. When I was playing with a bunch of japanese guys I accidently looted his cash. At first I had no clue what he was asking since he said looted a weapon but checked my inventory and saw no weapon. Then one of his friends said I looted mesetas. Thats when it hit me! Yes I looted his money but had no clue how much. I knew I had alot of cash on me so instead of doing the math I just gave him EVERYTHING. Boy was he shocked and was very happy. =)

Second situation. Someone lost his weapon because some jerk looted his weapon. I asked the guy what he lost and it was a autogun. So instead of trying to figure out who stole what I gave him my old auto gun which is plus 20, 35% to all mobs. Yes it kicks ass! =p Yes, I am a very nice guy.

I've had a strange thing happen to me, my first game in PSO was with an incredibly nice person that was SO nice I was slow to even trust him. He was level four, so he wasn't too far ahead of me, but he helped me through the forest and let me take most of the items and meseta, even though he was still a low level. Some Americans are nice peoples. When I was level 12 or so, another American person at level 60 was nice enough to take me through the ruins with a level 15, even though all i could do was heal the level 15 and stop the enemies from surrounding the level 60...which didn't matter much, as he cut them down by the hundreds. Still, after letting us get most of the stuff, he cleaned his bank and dropped a bunch of stuff on the floor, one of which is my treasured posession, my Varista. Another nice American. But I know what you mean, and being an American, I know what you mean all TOO well.