5 8.47%
  • Both!

32 54.24%
  • What is a rare weapon?

3 5.08%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Ya I'm thinking.

um um

I think it would be best if rares don't overdo it with their power advantages.

like you know how easy and cheap and boring Spread Needles are and stuff like that.

rare weapons should overall be a tad stronger than common weapons but not too much, ya know?

Rares are best as good weapon that look unique and stuff like that. cause the appearance is really what makes it more of a rare than what it can do, or something like that.

but ya overall statistics show people prefer to use what's best than what looks better. This is similiar to classes how most people want the best advantages overall, while others play with any combination they want.

but ya, rare will be rares.

but ya know, difficulty levels have limits, and so should rares to keep some challenges always a challenge.

The matriarch of maniacal grins

It's aesthetics for me all the way, if it happens to have a buttload of power associated with it, then all the better. I never used the Spread Needle all that much, actually not at all since y'see... I have the eye of a magpie; if it's purty I snag it - simple as that. I also have a hoarder mentality so I ended up with quite the plunder pile in previous games - even if the gear was obsolete. xD

wow! so you gobble up stuff like squirrels?

I had a feeling your cheeks were puffier than before.

c'mon now, cough up what you swindled.

As long as they dont make rares that are completely inferior to their normal weapon versions (inferno bazooka, power maser) then I'd go with looks over stats

For me, it's gotta look good, great Photon Capacity and is a type that I'm compatible with. A weapon can be as strong as it wants but if the PAs that correspond to said type is unwieldy or low power, I won't use it; also won't use it if the PP capacity is extremely poor. (poor capacity=poor regeneration as well)

I guess to sum it up, I'm more of a technical player. As long as the weapon isn't considered too weak, I'll usually look at other stats than just power. (I'm the type of person who would give up a Vivienne on PSOBB for a PoL because of range and speed)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-07-03 12:56 ]</font>

In my oppinion, rares should just look more unique than normal weapons. Like have slick looking rifle that shoots slender icicle-like bullets that leave a frosty trail behind them, but stat wise it's just a slightly upgraded ice element rifle. I'd rather that the basic weapons weren't severly outclassed, though.

I do like to have some strong weapons but for the most part, I prefer to have weapons that look real cool.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

On 2006-07-03 12:32, Saner wrote:

but ya overall statistics show people prefer to use what's best than what looks better.
    Oh, and what statistics are these In the beginning I generally use what's best, so that I can progress faster. But once I get comfortable/ bored than I use whatever looks cooler. Unless it's power is abysmal -_-.

Oh, but if a poor monster is unfortunate enough to pi$$ me off, I will switch to my uber-weapon . Beware!

I think the complete opposite.

The power is what makes it RARE and SOUGHT AFTER. If it just looks flashy and does crap damage, what's the big deal? Sure, having a cool-looking weapon is nice, but to me it means nothing if it's not worth all the trouble I went through to get it.

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

If the weapon is truly rare then it wont matter if its overpowered cuz only a few people are going to have them and whats the point of a rare that has crap stats?.