Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast
    The Assassin in White

I am, of course, referring to the Parasitice Gene and Red Ring. Now, before you write this off as another "n00b" desprate to gain ridiculous power, here is a bit about me:

1) I could care less about Dark Flow. I have used a hacked version, and frankly I find it to be a stupid weapon. ONE swing? Not worth my time. Except as a trophy.

2) I am a pure legit hunter (Aside from trying on Dark Flow), and I refuse to hack for ANY item. I have been tempted, but I prefer to earn my status.

Now, on to the meat of the topic...

My theory is quite simple. According to some sources, Sonic Team reduced the drop rate of Parasitic Gene and Red Ring to zero. However, the items can still be hacked. Now, logic would say that if they really wanted to destroy all chance of getting one, they would remove the item coding entirely. Even the sprites still remain, and those aren't that difficult to delete. I give Sonic Team a bit more credit than to take a shortcut that lame. Therefore, logic leads to another idea...

If it CAN exist, then one would think it can be obtained. Quite simple, no? I believe that there may be a way, some key event or action, something that nobody has realized, that "unlocks" the drop rate.

Now, again, many of you are not open to this idea and are firmly under the belief that it is impossible. Just remember what we all used to say about the Tsumikiri. And look what happened: Somebody found a way.

If you are interested in reasearching this, then by all means please post. But come with an open mind! Let us share our ideas for the sake of all hunters.

- "Mad Hatter" Xion

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 04:40 ]</font>

Ummm....all I have to say is....NO! IMPOSSIBLE!!! WE WOULD HAVE FIGURED IT OUT BY NOW!!!!!!

Go view the Game Data. THe drop rates are 0. Other people would of read the quest data for it.
    Their is no proof of the item PGF of dropping. It might of been in a quest, but Sega discountined it because the DC-GC servers were no longered plan to link together.
    The PGF might have been dropalbe {b}IF{/b} the servers were linked togheter. One of the items in the DC game might of turned into the PGF.

For me, you cannot get the Parasatic Gene Flow with out hacking or using cheats. End of story

teh ninja'd

^ cross platform was never considered for gc and dc.

also, sega never activated it (No WELL I FOUND IT ON ORAN ON TEH 1ST DAY BUT THEN THEY DEACTIVTED GOD Y LULZ) but the other server is going to/has.

Forever Confined to the FKL????

On 2006-07-04 06:37, Corey wrote:
    also, sega never activated it (No WELL I FOUND IT ON ORAN ON TEH 1ST DAY BUT THEN THEY DEACTIVTED GOD Y LULZ) but the other server is going to/has.
    How many times must I say this?

The owner of the "other server" has decided to "release" the PGF and RR, though he has not yet done it, or said what the "droprate" is. He plans to have the server calculate a chance at a 1/X rate every time you kill one of the bosses, and if you get it, the server will packet edit the thing to be on the ground. THE BOSS DOES NOT DROP ANYTHING, EVER! IT HAS A DROP ANYTHING RATE OF ZERO! STOP BEING F*CKING N00BS AND ACCEPT IT, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

That being said, if ST did want to release it, it would have been in the same way.

On 2006-07-04 06:37, Corey wrote:
    ^ cross platform was never considered for gc and dc.
    Actually, it was considered, but was later dropped.

According from a interview with Yuji Naka, the Dreamcast was only supposed to find eventually 70 v2 rares, but the game had 100. The other 30 were suppost to be GC exclusive, the DC was also supposed to have 30 rares the GC version wouldn't, in attempt to encourage trading between the consoles.
    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-04 08:20 ]</font>

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

I believe that the PGF drop may actually be active in Respective Tomorrow. That is the only reason I can think of for it teleporting you back to town immediately after you fight olga flow and then letting you back down then telling you the system is under maintanence then sending you back to town again.

I think we will have to do something creative to get to the PGF in that quest.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

On 2006-07-04 08:29, zandra117 wrote:
    I believe that the PGF drop may actually be active in Respective Tomorrow. That is the only reason I can think of for it teleporting you back to town immediately after you fight olga flow and then letting you back down then telling you the system is under maintanence then sending you back to town again.
    Here is another theory:
    In order for the quest triggers to work correctly in Respective Tomorrow, you must teleported directly back to Pioneer 2 to load the next series of events. For some reason, taking the normal warp back does not work.

Without looking at the source for the quest, it is hard to be sure why Sonic Team implemented that design decision.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

What would happen if a team of 4 people went to the seabeds in respective tomorrow and 3 of them went to fight olga flow while 1 of them stays outside the boss teleporter. When they defeat the boss would the 4th person be able to go through the boss teleporter and then pick up items?

If it was made like that so that it could trigger the next series of events then why is the maintenance message there? Isnt the quest over by then?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zandra117 on 2006-07-04 08:49 ]</font>
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

On 2006-07-04 08:43, zandra117 wrote:
    What would happen if a team of 4 people went to the seabeds in respective tomorrow and 3 of them went to fight olga flow while 1 of them stays outside the boss teleporter. When they defeat the boss would the 4th person be able to go through the boss teleporter and then pick up items?
    Who knows. Try it and see what happens.