Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

On 2006-07-04 04:38, MadHatter wrote:
    Now, logic would say that if they really wanted to destroy all chance of getting one, they would remove the item coding entirely. Even the sprites still remain, and those aren't that difficult to delete.
    Often devs will just leave game data in with no intention of having it accessible in the final game. See GTA's Hot Coffee.

By making the drop anything rate (DAR) zero, they effectively made the chance of getting one zero.

Using the "It's there so it must be true" theory does not work. There are dozens of unreleased items still whole within the code (from Dreamcast) that were never used on PSOGC. Also, for Epiosde 3, nearly 70-80% of Episode 1&2 is still within the coding, including armors, areas, NPC's, and actual equippable items.

I personally think that, like Ryna said, it was suppoesed to be obtainable through the DC version because of the item called " Special Gene 'Flou' ". I believe that item was supposed to be able to be turned into the Paracitic Gene 'Flow' after a series of items were used on it or something.

Again, just another theory.

The Assassin in White

*Sigh*...

Enough with the n00b taunts...Those who do not want to accept the chance of discovery, please leave. As for those who acctually are making an effort to solve this, thank you. This is RESEARCH! Don't say everything has been tried, because it hasn't.

Now, I don't play online and thus do not have access to certain quests. So I ask those of you interested to please try your theories. I canonly stand aside and watch. But, I would be happy if I could simply see this mystery solved.

And...If ST was willing to go through the trouble of editing almost every other item in PSO for the GC release, then why be so lazy with PGF and RR? I'm not saying the IS a way, just that there is a strong possibility.

Again, thanks to the supporters of this project. Continue testing these theories, you may make history.

Don't insult those who know more than you.

Guys, let's avoid taunting the OP. If he wants to try out different theories and ask people for ideas, that is his prerogative. If an idea comes up that you disagree with, reply to it with facts, not opinions.

To the OP. Not sure if you are aware of this, but companies leave game data in games ALL THE TIME, that later is never used in the final release. Just because it's there does NOT mean it was meant to be used and has nothing to do with being lazy or irresponsible.

That said, I'm not saying for a fact that those items weren't ever going to be available, but just because the game data is left in the game doesn't mean that it was meant to be available. Anyway, I think the hostility you sense in others is because most older members are extremely tired of these constant theory threads that go nowhere and prove nothing and only incite anger and flaming.

Instead of posting threads about theories, maybe it would be best to test things yourself and if you find something that miraculously works, THEN post a thread about it. Otherwise, it's just another dime a dozen theory thread (like the 4 billion before it) with nothing new to offer and of benefit to no one. Just a suggestion.

teh ninja'd

On 2006-07-04 08:13, Ryna wrote:
    On 2006-07-04 06:37, Corey wrote:
    ^ cross platform was never considered for gc and dc.
    Actually, it was considered, but was later dropped.

According from a interview with Yuji Naka, the Dreamcast was only supposed to find eventually 70 v2 rares, but the game had 100. The other 30 were suppost to be GC exclusive, the DC was also supposed to have 30 rares the GC version wouldn't, in attempt to encourage trading between the consoles.
    <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryna on 2006-07-04 08:20 ]</font>
    I'm calling BS on that Interview. Think about this.
    GC and DC wouldn't of just magically decided to go work together. As it is, on the other server, it's buggy as fuck. Also, SEGA and Nintendo were still against eachother as of then, so it would be a bad buisness move. There's more BS in this I could point out, but I'm not really gonna go into it.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Another thing we know is that unreleased items are banned from use online. However the Parasitic Gene Flow and Red Ring are not banned. I wonder why?
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.