Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    GO TO HELL C:

On 2006-07-04 19:22, zandra117 wrote:
    Another thing we know is that unreleased items are banned from use online. However the Parasitic Gene Flow and Red Ring are not banned. I wonder why?
    The ???? item isn't banned online, so if you argue that because it isn't banned it is obtainable, then you must find some way for ???? to be obtainable.

To those who don't know, people often call the white saber ????, but it can be any item, and not just a white saber(Although it will appear as a saber no matter what the weapon type it actually is)

teh ninja'd

all ???? are images unassigned real images imo

In psopc they are entirely matrix (see the saber's handle on that picture) now they havea white photon on most , although some are still entirely matrix (I think rifles are) still.

???? is, in all likely hood, an incomplete item.

It's hex that's within an item field (either tool, weapon, armor, mag, etc) but has no actual entity.

For example, this is what happens when you hex up mag, but use hex that has no entity to it. The numbers are within the mag fields, but there is no assigned item.

"Invalid Entity" would probably be the most accurate term.

The Assassin in White

On 2006-07-04 19:55, Corey wrote:
    all ???? are images unassigned real images imo

In psopc they are entirely matrix (see the saber's handle on that picture) now they havea white photon on most , although some are still entirely matrix (I think rifles are) still.

???? is, in all likely hood, an incomplete item.
    Now this makes sense, on a programming level. One could easily hack and reprogram a game to create a new item based on an existing sprite. The saber sprite is the same for green to gold to S-Rank level. Therefore, it would have modular properties. In laymans terms, the color of the base sprite is white, and color is applied by seperate code. So, obtaining a "blank" makes sense.

However, the DF and RR sprites are very unique. Remember: ST edited such items as the DB Saber, for example, from basic and bland to detailed and unique. Therefore, ST did alot of work on sprites, so why leave PGF and RR properties untouched? There must be a reason.

Instead of posting threads about theories, maybe it would be best to test things yourself and if you find something that miraculously works, THEN post a thread about it. Otherwise, it's just another dime a dozen theory thread (like the 4 billion before it) with nothing new to offer and of benefit to no one. Just a suggestion.
    I know, you must see this as a waste of time. I know there have been countless threads like this. But my "If it can, it must be" theory is just that: a theory. I don't have the ability to test anything on my own, as I cannot afford to play online. But while this may "benefit no one", it also causes no harm. After so long of the same old PSO, why not inspire a little adventure? Isn't this supposed to be fun? It IS just a game, after all. If you prefer to accept the same old thing and continue on the same old path, feel free. It is your choice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 20:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 20:45 ]</font>

While I myself would love to see a way to legitally obtain PGF and the Red Ring, I think that as of now no such methods exist. It does seem rather vague on whether or not the items were left in the game code intentionally or not, but there's really no point debating that because we will never know. Despite the fact that there is a very bleak outlook on discovering new methods to unlock the PGF and Red Ring, I would be one of those people looking to find out how to do it. You can always hope, right?

P.S. If you don't think that the PGF or Red Ring are droppable, than don't waste your time flaming MadHatter or anyone else who supports the possibilty of legit versions of those items. They are here to discuss methods of obtaining the PGF/Red Ring through legit means...and if that's not what you intend to do, than this thread is evidentally not for you and you should leave.

The Assassin in White

TheyCallMeJoe, thank you. You've summed it up quite nicely.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MadHatter on 2006-07-04 20:46 ]</font>

GO TO HELL C:

Pointing out facts isn't flaming.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

On 2006-07-04 19:48, Saiffy wrote:
    On 2006-07-04 19:22, zandra117 wrote:
    Another thing we know is that unreleased items are banned from use online. However the Parasitic Gene Flow and Red Ring are not banned. I wonder why?
    The ???? item isn't banned online, so if you argue that because it isn't banned it is obtainable, then you must find some way for ???? to be obtainable.
    ???? is a different story. You have to be a hacker to equip it. If someone gives you a ???? item you can't equip it at all no matter what class you are.
    I think ???? may be a glitch item in the game similar to missingno in the pokemon games.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

teh ninja'd

That kinda made me chuckle, but you don't "need" to be a hacker to equip the ????. It depends on what kind you try to equip.
    Skorpous made a good point, so I'm led to believe that ???? could be both. On PsoBB, there are 2 armors that are made into ???? that are not outside of the hex group (as in there are armors after them) while going past the group, makes unequippable Knight/Powers which are frames with messed up stats.

Note that the ???? Mags on PsoBB are no longer matrix mags, at least not the monomate mag. They create an unused mag sprite, which is presumably an incomplete yahoo. Monomate turns into a regular mag, while the two others are MAG0501 and MAG0502, while the other group turns into a regular mag as far as I know.

If you guys truly want to know why the item exist you will have to get it from the horses mouth. Speculating on 3 years old data that had been analyze isn't going to get you anywhere.

You can only speculate for so long before you hit a wall and that wall have been hit for a long time.