Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Lord of the Antedeluvians

This is my first topic post; let's hope I did it right...

Anyway, does anyone here have or want to have tattoos? I personally love tattoo art, and I can't get enough of them. I'm hoping I'm not alone here, and I'm out to prove nerds don't have to actually LOOK like nerds (no offense to anyone)!

So if you've got some ink, post some pics and show them off, or at least describe them! If you don't have any but want some, tell us what you'd like to get needled into your skin!

Here is a pic of part of mine:

Also:

A pic of those on my stomach and chest:
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...n80/Kevin1.jpg

Crappy webcam pics of my right arm (digital camera died)!
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...hn80/RArm2.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...hn80/RArm1.jpg

Left arm:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...hn80/LArm1.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...hn80/LArm2.jpg
    http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...hn80/LArm3.jpg

Back:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i100/isahn80/Back.jpg

I don't care if you've just got a little tribal or a butterfly or something, I want to know about it!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2006-07-06 02:15 ]</font>

La Chupacabra-1/2 Azn Ogre KaFKa's Avatar

I just had a latin saying tattooed into my upper back/shoulder area. After the redness and swelling goes away, I'll post it for you.

I'm also going to get USMC on my chest, but I'm waiting on that one.

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm an Earther / NJ

yeah my first, based after a cartoon i use to watch called Pilot Candidate for thoes of you not fermiliar with the show, each person got a number stamped on the right wrist on the inside and the number stood for their place in line for candidate for goddess (a huge ass mech)i got 83 cause it was my brithdate and to be somewhat orginal with it. i've got more in mind just my funds are somewhat limited at the moment
    Nothing Good Can Ever Come From Staying With Normal People.

3D Modeler, Red Box Lover zwandude15's Avatar

OMGadz. I pulled up a page, and the FIRST thing on it, is the only tattoo I'd ever consider.

If you don't get an 8 Ball, it's in this website. That's literally how I'd have wanted it.

On the backside of one of my hands, can't decide which though...
    -Offline Heaven Punisher Hunt-
    (93) Hildetorrs; no success.

-Offline Lavis Hunt
    (28 ) Slimes; no success.

I am the one that says that if you want something you should get it, but also i am the one that says, you dont have to do anything to prove to others but to yourself.

If i look like a badass or i look like a nerd and i am happy about it, i wont really care about what others thinks about it, i just found some others that like who i am without to change myself.

If your tatoo its because YOU really really wanted, and also consider that its going to be something that fits your personality, then i am going to respect you. If its something that came out to prove to the others for whatever reason its like get a cigarrete to prove to the others that you not are whatever they think about it, then i am going to tell you #$^%# off your Mother@&*$er you are the dumbest person alive

and thats just my 2 cents

I got one more year till I get one but theres a good chance I'll get one before my birthday. They just became legal where I live at so everyone is getting one but I have mines already planned out.(I've been planning these tatoos since I was 8 )

-I'm gonna get Infinity in Japanese on my neck(I've got a lot of confirmations on the exact kanji)

-A symbol I made up on the right side of my chest.(I call it the Infinite Heart)

-Infinity in enlish wrapped on my right ankle

-the african flag on my left leg

-the symbol of infinity somewhere on my back. Probably at the top, under the neck.

I'm also debating if I should get a design on my arm.

But Yeah...you can tell what the theme is..
    ---------------------
    But I have a question. For the designs on your arm, how much did it cost?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2006-07-06 10:39 ]</font>

If i look like a badass or i look like a nerd and i am happy about it, i wont really care about what others thinks about it, i just found some others that like who i am without to change myself.

If your tatoo its because YOU really really wanted, and also consider that its going to be something that fits your personality, then i am going to respect you. If its something that came out to prove to the others for whatever reason its like get a cigarrete to prove to the others that you not are whatever they think about it, then i am going to tell you #$^%# off your Mother@&*$er you are the dumbest person alive
    Despite what I wrote about "proving that nerds don't have to look like nerds," most of my tattoos have personal meaning and significance. They are there to remind me of where I've been and what I've done, so I would never go back (so far its worked). For example, all of the faces represent emotions, and the clock, barbed wire, spider web, bars, etc.... well, you get the idea.

I only said that because when people find out I love playing video games, RPGs, watching anime and other cliched "nerd" activities, they seem very surprised (my girlfriend sure was just after we started dating!!!), like I should be beating up nerds instead or some stupid shit like that. I did not mean to imply the only reason I got the things was to look like a badass; perhaps I should have worded thing differently. I created this topic because I have a genuine interest in tattoo art and while I intended there to be some showing off, I guess it's kind of the point.

BTW that's a sweet 8-ball pattern zwandude. I'd suggest getting it on whatever hand you don't write with, but I guess it really doesn't matter too much.

-the symbol of infinity somewhere on my back. Probably at the top, under the neck.

But I have a question. For the designs on your arm, how much did it cost?
    Infinity is always a cool theme. I don't know if you noticed but I have the inifinity symbol (it doesn't really have a name; I've heard it called the lemniscate but apparently that's actually incorrect) below the back of my neck above the pentagram. The back of the neck is a perfect place for it, however, and I wish I got it there instead of those old english letters. I'd like to get some Kanji or Hanzi as well one day; don't know what I'd have it say, though.

As for the cost of my half-sleeves... ummm... I actually didn't pay any real money for them, they just cost me three years of my life. I've been told the street cost would be maybe a few thousand dollars, however. If you want extensive work done, it helps to go and compare pricing systems, since at least in AZ (and I believe elsewhere) there's no standard. People charge basically whatever they want. Some tattoo artists will be willing to work with you on the price, and if you get lucky you might find one that's really cool and can give you a great deal (I found this Mexican guy who does some awesome work that's willing to finish my snake and do my chest plate for about 1/3 normal cost).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: isahn80 on 2006-07-06 11:19 ]</font>

Tattoos huh.
    Nope. Never wanted them. I don't feel like paying money to get myself hurt. :<
    Also, being the fickle person that I am. What is cool today might become uncool tomorrow and I might regret what I picked and be stuck with it forever.

That being said, pattern tattoo are so much cooler than words.

Down for the Getdown

Yeah I was thinking of getting a couple of tatoos.

-Angel Wings on my back, one black, one white.

-Maybe some sorta pattern between the wings, I haven't decided but I do want something between them.

-The word Harmony or something around those lines on my left forearm.

There were some others I was thinking of getting too, but I just can't rememeber 'em right now.