Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmmm... From what i read, the new force system dosn't seem all that great. Your weapon is now your tp source? You have to have a wand or a cane to cast? No more battle FO with a double bladed saber? It just seems so... stupid to me. I've been a pso player since v1, hell, i even played old phanasty star, and i am very partial to fo's... But with this new system they're working with.... I just don't know...

Could anyone clear this up for me? I'm rocking back and forth in a fetal position in my chair saying "sega, please don't mess this up."

Comments are welcome too!

Well, on PSU, force can be mixed with let's say hunter attributes. This way you can use spells of forces, along with battling like hunters.

I think it makes sense having Techs channeled through a Force-type weapon.

it's kind of how Gandalf can't use some magic without a staff.

it seems more natural and interesting this way.

Besides I think even Force weapon Photon Points slowly regenerate overtime.

and there are items to replenish Photon Points faster.

plus you can carry multiple weapons and have different Force weapons with different techs for each one.

so there is still some depth with this new Force system!

On 2006-07-07 15:07, Saner wrote:

Besides I think even Force weapon Photon Points slowly regenerate overtime.
    I could be way off, but I thought FO regenerated PP more quickly than any of the other classes..?

Yes, it's been assumed that the endurance stat effects PP regeneration.

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

Also correct me if im wrong but are forces not meant for support? I mean all the FO players in PSO who went Darth Maul on everything werent really supporting. I think ST wants forces to be true spell casters now e.g. sit back and hurl lightning etc not go upside monsters heads with a light saber.

Yeah Forces play as casters. And you can't use other job attributes you've gained. For example, if you raised your guns lvl to 5 as a ranger, it won't be 5 as a force.

mmm... I still don't know about the whole new force system.. It just seems kind of stupid. Well i'm going to play story for the first day or so to get a hang of it, so I'll see how it works on that.

On 2006-07-07 16:36, tank1 wrote:
    Also correct me if im wrong but are forces not meant for support? I mean all the FO players in PSO who went Darth Maul on everything werent really supporting.
    Only if they're not smart. A good meleeing Force knows that Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure is essential for good damage, but that's not really the point. As a force who did melee from time to time, I'm looking forward to the role they've given Forces in team situations, as well as the new spells. *drools a bit*

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2006-07-07 18:16, Spellbinder wrote:
    On 2006-07-07 16:36, tank1 wrote:
    Also correct me if im wrong but are forces not meant for support? I mean all the FO players in PSO who went Darth Maul on everything werent really supporting.
    Only if they're not smart. A good meleeing Force knows that Shifta/Deband/Jellen/Zalure is essential for good damage, but that's not really the point. As a force who did melee from time to time, I'm looking forward to the role they've given Forces in team situations, as well as the new spells. *drools a bit*
    Right. It's entirely possible to play support and still melee (or range, if you want to be anal about the technicality). In fact, it was generally a better way to get damage out of your TP bar; Shifta doesn't increase tech damage, after all.

It looks like what they're doing this time around is that Forces have the best Techs (naturally) and can also do a bit of Ranger work (since they get two unique guns). Similarly, Rangers are the best gun-users, and can perform somewhat adequately with melee weapons. Then, you have Hunters, who are the best with melee weapons but can also use... um... some guns. If I were designing the game, I would've given them minimal gun capacity and partial Force skills (like, the ability to equip Canes and half the Tech PA cap of a Force), just to balance out all the partial classes and placate the "magic swordsman" people like myself. Ah well. [/tangent]