Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game economy >.

[b]Now i'm just a little concerned... In all the MMORPG's i've played, everything gets a little out of hand... look at FFXI who-evers played it. Notorious monsters were so heavily camped by the same people, currency sellers, or just plain obsessive money makers, that they could sell the items for millions more than normal items... >.<!!! and making money was difficult too... getting beehive chip stacks at 20,000g a stack wasn't easy.

Looking at Lineage... all the adena buyers made the economy go bottoms up, willing to pay so much for things that it ends up the "normal" price, and people who actually farm and earn their dang currency have no chance of affording anything >.<..

Hmm, i guess the problems more or less that game currency always gets sold, but how can we get around that!!!? its not too easy to track, so i guess a lopsided economy is inevitable... Am i right?

This stuff happens in ALL MMOS. There is nothing stopping it. The only way it can be suppressed is if the company (Sega) actually DOES something about it.
    NCsoft and Squeenix don't give a darn so that's why they are filled with "gold farmers" and screwed up economies.

I don't think PSU will be effected to that extreme because it's not excatlly the same as an MMORPG. There is no "Rare mobs" to be camped, or "camp spots" to be taken since you play in a private room.

But the best thing to do is just shrug it off and forget it. Don't let stupid things like that bother you.

If I gave my opinion on the matter, I don't really care about it and what other people do with their time.

I don't quite understand what you're saying. I understand in MMORPGs that rare items(and not so rare items) get sold for high prices. But with PSO(At least with my experience of it), when you get to the higher lvls, v-hard and ult, those rare items don't really seem that rare. They seem to drop like hotcakes for the most part. XD More times than none, in the harder modes i've never been wanting for anything. ;x So i'm guessing PSU will be the same way. Not to mention, most of the time your friends will help you out, ne?

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

I agree with PhotonCat on this one to.

Mmmm, jus got me on the other games that it was impossible to get a truly good piece of equipment with out paying real money for it

Never played a PSO game before... jus saying ma experiences on other MMORPG's ^_^

Snow Queen King & a Veritable Buffet of Manliness

PSO and PSU are a very different animal compared to standard MMORPG's.

maybe the best way to make meseta in psu will be doing some incredibly difficult mission w/o dying and collecting some big meseta reward. instead of just doing some small thing over and over. that will encourage ppl to actually play the game instead of just programming some bot to do some simple thing over and over for meseta.

i dont really see meseta selling as a problem for psu either. unless psu happens to become extremely popular. arent the main money sellers in these rpgs Chinese? if thats the case, then both the jp and eng vers of psu would be safe.

PSOBB had a seperate chinese ver. does anyone know if that ver had problems w/ the economy at all?
    Quit PSO2

if you mean like selling items you don't need to make meseta, I do it too so I don't see the problem.
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

Since adventuring is done only in instances (there will be no camping) items will be free to hunt for.

There has been currency sellers in all the MMORPGs I've played. The amount of cheaters who buy the currency (which keeps it going) depends on how long it takes to make money legit in PSU (It's been established that meseta is highly valued).

If PSU attracts RPGrs that don't value the experience of playing the game legit, I think we'll see alot of meseta selling, mainly on PC/PS2 servers.

My best wishes are to find a server that the society tries to keep legit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kers on 2006-07-10 14:03 ]</font>