Page 1 of 55 12341151 ... LastLast
    'This amplifier has air bags!'

This is not an attack on PS2. Most of us have and love our PS2's and have enjoyed them for years now. Please read entire thread before posting!
    [***EDIT: Please do not post in this thread unless you are willing to read it in it's entirety first***]
    [***EDIT: Please do not post in this thread unless you are willing to read it in it's entirety first***]

I'm all for the 360 and PC linkage(contrary to popular consensus)-please here me out before jumin down my throat.

1)the ps2 is about a decade old! I know i've said this before, but if we really care about the FUTURE of this beautiful series, then we need to let the ps2 die! I love the ps2 but THINK about it. All future updates of this game will be held back based on what the ps2 is capable of.
    Say ST or the fans have an idea that would better the game (like new levels, game-types, pvp or even things that havent been thought of yet!), it's all gonna come down to this, "can the ps2 handle it?" If not, then screw the future.
    360/PC Linkage will at least leave room for growth on those platforms, which are highly capable of handling anything that can be thrown at them at this point.

2)Linking all three would be good, only if looking forward to the backward compatibility of the ps3. This would enable ps2 users that are hardcore Sony fans to migrate to a more powerful and ADAPTABLE system in the future, allowing for more powerful features being implemented into the game. (Again, keep in mind that the better the hardware, the more you can do in all areas, not just graphics!)
    Anywayz'
    That's my two meseta.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-12 21:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-12 21:15 ]</font>

You fail.... You fail so bad...

Down for the Getdown

Ain't gunna happen.

- The 360 Doesn't have NEARLY as large a user base as PS2 does.

- The average 360 user is into FPS and fighting games, not MMO's

- The PS2 still has a good little bit of life left in it, games like Valkyrie Profile:Silmeria can show you that it can still pump out some beautiful graphics and whatnot.

- Future versions of PSU will probably be released on both the PS3 AND PS2 as well as 360 and PC.

- Doubtful 360 is gunna be linked, cause if it is it will disable voice chat for 360 PSU user, and I doubt they're gunna wanna sacrifice that.

I didnt just make up the linkage idea myself. Read here: http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?t...32&forum=20&33
    Anyway, that's just my opinion.
    Ps3 is coming. For that, I am happy.

- The PS2 still has a good little bit of life left in it...
    "Little bit"
    Thats kinda my point. I think they are just holding out till the p23 release. They would not be releasing ps3 if they didnt think thought that ps2 was outdated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-10 17:11 ]</font>

I like the topic name though, it was the first thing I saw when I came out of posting from another thread, gave me a good laugh.

Money is probably more important. Afterall, the more money they make, the more they'll wanna do for this game.

There's also one more important thing... With the PS3 set to release at it's expensive price... What makes you think PS2 users are going to upgrade to one right away? I know I'm not buying one despite wanting some of the games it has, I'm sorry, that's just too steep for me. Not too mention to enjoy all of the features you're gonna wanna have a 1080p HDTV. Yeah, that'll set ya back quite a bit.

PS3 costs about as much as a used car. 1080p HDTV could possibly reach the price of a new car?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-07-10 17:14 ]</font>

Down for the Getdown

No, they're definately not holding out for the PS3 release. That just doesn't make any sense at all.

PSU was designed for PS2 at start... So it would be kinda crazy for SonicTeam to dump the project version they started on to move it to another console when it was ment for PS2.
    They other version of PSU are just ports from the PS2 that look slightly better.
    Most likely if theres any really big add on's or what ever. They'll most likely will make PSU.V2 disc for PS2 users to buy and have the 360 users and PC users up date it to there hard drives

Isn't the PS 2 more popular than the X-Box 360 in Japan? I mean, for SEGA, the japanese demographics are well more worth to consider than some foreign game console that only the westerners are mostly interested, and they did work on this game which was meant for the PS 2 since the beginning for years, before the X-Box 360 was even designed.

It's nice that SEGA does care however about the 'gajiin' machine and really thinks that there also is profit to make on it.

I love ps2. But I guess I have always followed the games instead of the consoles. (In fact, I've pretty much measured every game I've played against PSO. Sad I know...but the Best game ever!)
    The ps2 fan-boy frenzy makes me worried that the development of Sony's "Mind-Control Device" are furthur along than we think. (read here for Mind Control: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...ontrol&spell=1 )

But the money issue...that's probably the only reason I can ligitimately support.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-10 17:26 ]</font>