Page 24 of 55 FirstFirst ... 142122232425262734 ... LastLast
    Down for the Getdown

On 2006-07-15 09:16, MAGNUShunter wrote:

ANYWAY. Here are some good quality scans from Gunvalkyrie. These were all done using real-time rendering on xbox hardware 4 years ago.
    IGN REVIEW:
    http://xbox.ign.com/objects/016/016255.html

I just want to hear someone say that PSU looks better so I can laugh.
    But again, dont get me wrong, Im sure we will all enjoy PSU for what it is.
    Blessings.
    Go ahead and laugh cause I'm saying PSU looks a helluvalot better than that.

most of thsoe pics are just promotional art anyways.

'This amplifier has air bags!'

On 2006-07-15 13:53, Saner wrote:
    most of thsoe pics are just promotional art anyways.

All of the pic's, promotional or no, use the in game engine for rendering the image-meaning (like I said...*looks confused at own signature*)that is the way the character looks IN GAME.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MAGNUShunter on 2006-07-15 14:47 ]</font>

As far as the comparison to Gun Valkyrie goes... first of all, most of those are promotional ART pictures. One is even a scan of the box. Only a couple are actual in-game shots, and they're so tiny you can hardly see anything.

However, I don't need to look at those shots to compare it anyway, as I have played Gun Valkyrie. Gun Valkyrie is a beautiful game with some really incredible art direction. Comapared to the PS2 version, yes, Gun Valkyrie looks better in almost every way. Seeing as how it was developed for the XBox, which is technically superior to the PS2, that should be fairly obvious. On the other hand, the PC (assuming you have a PC with sufficient power, of course) and 360 versions of PSU will sport higher res textures, no jaggies, better draw distances, more particles and lighting effects, and probably have a few extra polygons thrown in here and there.

Unless you've actually played PSU on a PC or 360, you can't really make a valid comparison of the graphics, as blurry youtube.com videos are hardly a fair basis for comparison. Also, PSU and Gun Valkyrie have very different art styles.

PSU looks quite beautiful to me. I've loved the art in every PS game to date (except for maybe PS3), and PSU is no exception. I really couldn't care less whether it's "next-gen" or not.

Can't believe I read all of this.

I agree on points made by MAGNUShunter and Carlo210. I won't try to convince people that PSU's development is limited by PS2, because people have shown they won't listen.

OK, I changed my mind. When you have more space and power with the platform you're developing for with more money and time, you can do more with a game. It's really that simple. With the PS2, space and power has been severely limited. Stop saying PS2 cannot limit what this game can do because it was designed initially for the PS2. This is just a very narrow-minded way of thinking.

PSU could still be fun if it was still on the Dreamcast, sure, but it's a far better option to have it on a more powerful platform wouldn't you all agree? This nonsense about it still being a Phantasy Star branded game and you will all still buy it is ridiculous and has nothing to do with the original subject.

Wewt, are you playing on 360?

Most likely going to be PC. I prefer to play my online games on PC if I have a choice.

I also don't even have an Xbox 360, and have no plans to get one ;o

Stop saying PS2 cannot limit what this game can do because it was designed initially for the PS2. This is just a very narrow-minded way of thinking.
    But it is still the truth, isn't it? And I also do wonder... Why is this so much of a concern to the people who don't want this game tp be on the Playstation 2?
    They will still get their content, whenever SEGA deems it time, the graphics on their gaming system (PC or X-Box 360) will probably be superior, instead of needing to download eventual patches on some memory sticks, they'll save it on the harddrive and all that fancy stuff.

Why complain?

It surely can't be just because the PS 2 is going to be linked with the PC, and the X-Box 360 is not.

And SEGA simply won't wait till the arrival of the Playstation 3 and hope that enough people will buy that expensive gaming console. They want the money as soon as possible. They've spent enough time with the development of Phantasy Star Universe, they feel it's ready. They do want make more money. They think that every moment they do not gain money, they lose money. Why should they think about waiting any longer with PSU and let this opportunity pass?

It was designed for the Playstation 2 in the beginning. That's what they still will do. They will bring it out on the Playstation 2. And they will link it with the PC.

Now, they're even going to bring it out on the X-Box 360. Isn't this cool for the X-Box 360-owners?

If they link us, it'd be very cool. If they don't link us, it's not as cool as it could be because there is the chance that PSU360 could be treaten as PSOX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2006-07-15 21:00 ]</font>

Earthsunderer, do you prefer to get good service, or fan-fucking-tastic service from your monthly subscription fees you pay to Sega?

Don't get me wrong. I'll buy the product Sega present to me with, but it doesn't mean I cannot discuss any of the "what could have been" scenarios does it? Even if it may be futile to discuss it, as it's already been shown in this topic, you could say I just have steam to blow off.