View Poll Results: I'm thinking that they should devide servers among age. [b]Those under 13 get one server while those

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we should this way

4 9.09%
  • Yes, but by 18 instead of 13

5 11.36%
  • Make Three, [<13,13-17,18<]

0 0%
  • No, all ages put together

35 79.55%
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I'm thinking that they should devide servers among age. Those under 13 get one server while those 13 and over get the other. It would solve many issues involving censorship. Also, it would prevent older players from feeling like they are surrouned by little kids and therefor must play a more "mature" game. What do you think of that idea?

The names of the servers would be:

General Server (13<)

Protected Server (<13)

PS: If parents of 14-17 year olds are extra protective, they can put them on the <13 server.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-17 09:00 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: K-Morfos on 2006-07-17 09:04 ]</font>

Honestly, again, I don't see why it matters.

Throw the "wolves" and the "sheep" together.

I have no problems playing with gamers of any age - so long as they play the game well.

I don't get online to fill a niche in my social life, find a date, or any of that. I get online to play a game - and the only thing I care about is my team doing a good job.

BTW: Just like PSO - the game will probably get a "T" rating - which should disallow players 13 and under from getting online. Players under 13 will inevitably get online anyhow - but for Sega to create a special "Pre-Teen" server might cause problems with the ESRB.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

Umm, that wouldn't work. Phantasy Star Universe is rated T for Teen by the ESRB. If you're under 13, then you shouldn't be buying this game. I know it means jack squat to most of you, but considering that we have 10-year ols buying GTA, we've got to be a bit stricter.
    I'm still around.

Naw, I don't mind playing with people younger than me really. I'm not the type to pick on anyone And wouldn't have liked being separated from other people 8 years ago when I was under 13 lol. Though sometimes kids ARE annoying spoiled brats who deserve a good lesson on manners, I've noticed the same over 18 idiots are just grown up versions of the same annoying kids >_> so there's not much difference to me.

And yes I think Age restriction should be more enforced, though I do not think PSU is really a type of game that would really affect a kid below 13, there are other games which should not be played by kids Besides GTA there are also war FPS games which are too damn realistic and mainly serve for military propaganda

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2006-07-17 10:12 ]</font>
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

'This amplifier has air bags!'

I personaly think it would be worth a try. No one has done anything like that before that I know of. I would be willing to try it before knocking it. (Although those UNDER 13 would be the ones really complaining.)
    Asside from the cheating of PSO, I just remember how all those KIDS

I think all ages should be together, i've met a lot of people who were younger who have common sense. And me myself sometimes act like a 12 year old. xD

You can tell who's younger sometimes, for example if their messages/actions are like: Want 2 cyber? *opens trade window and fills with random junk* How du I gt a hous/pet? Can u halp me kill tha boss/finish mission? I give u 100 meseta.

Ok, ok all funny mmorpg experiences aside, you can't really tell the difference between a "Gifted" program kid and an "adult" (someone >1 with a regular chat until after you cyber with them and find out what they like. Besides, it'd be a waste of good server just for children to play, when adults can be third rate players also. Just do some psycho analysis of the 5 other people your going to bring into the party with you and if you find that they're a dedicated player you've got a good team, but you have to hurry before they're all taken by "girlS" charcters (Guys in real life S).

Ok, ok seriously, if someone is bad in a party, kick them after the next mission or put them on a black list and don't play with them.

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

There's no point in seperating ages groups just to avoid problems, PSU already has enough features so you don't have deal with people you don't want to anyway.

this wouldn't stop children from playing in the older age servers.

a truly ridiculous idea making servers for different ages.

I know kids who are even more mature than some adults.