Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

I don't understand why people just go around saying PS2 sucks for its graphics. There's not much difference with PC and XBOX360 versions. can anyone tell me what's the difference other than resolution?

We'll find out when the game's released. The 360 is of course a stronger system, but will Sonic Team make better graphics for the 360?
    I will say that, for the PS2 maybe there'll be slowdown at certain parts with a lot of stuff going on , but hopefully not.
    The PS2's graphics will probably be at least somewhat jagged, though not nearly as bad as certain launch games *coughevergracearmoredcoretwocough*. To be honest, I don't notice the jaggies that much, except in certain cases. Maybe I'll notice when I start keeping my eyes on 360 graphics.

Jaggy Edges >_> lower resolution textures I'll stick to PC ^__^
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.

Oh god not another console war thread

Nope don't worry I just made created this thread in order to tell people who think that the lower resolution textures won't be affecting that much PS2 players. Most people that own a PS2 don't know about this feature but in the options you can change textures between standard and smooth. When the resolution is low you can activate smooth textures for better results, but when the resolution is a bit higher you get foggy graphics with standard. So, if you don't know this yet and you are planning on playing PSU on PS2, I suggest you try that once you get the game. It makes the PS1 games look less ugly than they are, so maybe it will just work the same with PSU.

Yea I think I'll be getting the ps2 so thanks for the advice scott

All I can see different are jagged edges like Rubesahl said. They really don't matter much to me. My bro uses our PC 24/7 because he's addicted to FFXI, so ill just get it for the Ps2. This game was made for the Ps2 right? So all 360 and PC will get are better graphics. Regardless of how pretty the game looks, its still the same game. I think people forget about that.

On 2006-07-20 15:06, scott1114 wrote:
    I don't understand why people just go around saying PS2 sucks for its graphics. There's not much difference with PC and XBOX360 versions. can anyone tell me what's the difference other than resolution?
    none, and thats why the "big blabla GFX war" started in the other topic, but I won't ruin your topic here

On the PS2 the low-res texture are not a real problem (only when close range) thats because the PS2 still uses the old television resolutions, and because of the blurry'nes of normal TV's you won't see to much aliasing.

on the PC and 360 versions you will get a bit sharper textures, but as far as I've seen high res screens on the highest settings, textures were a bit blurry. so there is not a big improvement for the next-gen blablablabla...

example: you got a texture that is 256x256. On you TV with your PS2 that texture looks pretty sharp because its only ±640x480. if you see the same texture on your PC on 1280x1024 it will look very blurry.

I am not gonna say more about this, got the other topic for that

PC version for me hands down my ps2 is only to play rpgs and sports games

I think the problem may also be that the next-gen consoles are just around the corner. With the 360 already released, PS3 and Wii on the horizon, and before that was Doom 3 >_> its kinda discouraging to see PSU not taking advantage of it. I honestly don't mind much, since I know they'll do a good job and it'll look great but I would still like to see it at its best since I like the game so much. I have nothing against anyone who picks PS2 : P Everytime I suggest the PC version is because I'm judging the situation from my own POV. Everyone is free to pick whatever godamn system they want. For some, they play PC games more than computer games and like being around the computer more than their consoles. Even with a 360 controller on the computer it is not the same thing since it has to do with just about everything around the area (seating, display, sharing the PC, etc) so I think there's much more to it than graphics : P

Anyways, picking the PS2 as an option does not suck, it sucks if you think it sucks but other people just preffer the trade-off on the graphics with other things. My sister for example would have to get the PS2 version since her PC isn't up to date, so I think its a great option for people who mainly play console games and in the end would reach a bigger audience My two cents
    From PSO Ep 1-4 to PSU, PS0, PSP 1-2, and now PSO2... it's been a long journey.