Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

64mv really isn't enough for the game. People've been playing the beta with 64mb and they got a lot of lag. Brightstar (Johnathan_f) was playing with someone with a 64mb card and he couldn't even keep up with the team because of how slow PSU was running for him with 64mb graphics.
    And, yes, everything was set on 'low'.

will my laptop be able to run it i dont nkow if this is the correct information you need though
    AMD turion(tm) 64 mobile
    1.79GHz 960mb of RAM
    ATI radeon Xpress 200m graphics

On 2006-07-26 14:37, detective392 wrote:
    will my laptop be able to run it i dont nkow if this is the correct information you need though
    AMD turion(tm) 64 mobile
    1.79GHz 960mb of RAM
    ATI radeon Xpress 200m graphics

Those specs are pretty much identical to the specs on my work laptop lol. I'll definitely be loading the PC version on it to see how well it runs and posting my results. I can tell you that it runs the character creation part fine

Of course that doesn't mean anything in terms of how well the actual game will play obviously.

Member of the PSO in PSU club!

Since this is kinda like the computer spot....I'll ask away

As far as I was told everything was good about my computer BUT the graphics card....How do I check what kind of slot I have without opening my computer?

On 2006-07-26 14:46, coolcat33333 wrote:
    Since this is kinda like the computer spot....I'll ask away

As far as I was told everything was good about my computer BUT the graphics card....How do I check what kind of slot I have without opening my computer?
    You can download CPU-Z and run it. Go to the MAINBOARD tab and look under GRAPHIC INTERFACE. I believe you posted your dxdiag in anotehr thread and I saw AGP listed, so this will tell you what transfer rate your AGP slot is.

Member of the PSO in PSU club!

The part about my graphic interface is blank...

My Specs:

Dell Dimension 4600, 60 GB Harddrive (lol...), 510 MB RAM, 2.66GHz Intel Pentium 4, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card, and CDRW/DVDR.

Im thinking I can run it decently, but Im also looking to upgrade my shtuff. Most likely going to get a new hard drive, but Im not sure what else or what exactly to get. I need guidance (o3o)! Need opinions on a good graphics card also.

On 2006-07-26 14:53, coolcat33333 wrote:
    The part about my graphic interface is blank...
    There is a good chance that you have neither an AGP nor a PCI Express X16 expansion slot.

You can also try downloading SIW and run it. Under HARDWARE, click on SYSTEM SLOTS and you will see an upper and lower pane. In the upper pane click a SYSTEM SLOT and look to see what the SLOT TYPE is in the lower pane. I'm thinking it may just list 3 or 4 PCI slots with nothing else.

If it does not list an AGP or PCI-Express X16, then chances are you don't have one. You could always open the case and visually confirm it though if you want.

Usually its easy to find specs for specific models, but your VAIO PCV-RS311 is rather elusive lol.

On 2006-07-26 14:56, Grigori wrote:
    My Specs:

Dell Dimension 4600, 60 GB Harddrive (lol...), 510 MB RAM, 2.66GHz Intel Pentium 4, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 graphics card, and CDRW/DVDR.

Im thinking I can run it decently, but Im also looking to upgrade my shtuff. Most likely going to get a new hard drive, but Im not sure what else or what exactly to get. I need guidance (o3o)! Need opinions on a good graphics card also.
    Looks like your motherboard supports Dual Channel mode so I'm thinking you have (2) 256MB sticks of RAM atm, with another 2 slots (second channel) available. If that's the case another (2) 256MB sticks of PC2700 will give you 1GB of RAM. To verify that, go to CRUCIAL and click on SCAN MY SYSTEM. You will be asked to download the CRUCIAL SYSTEM SCANNER. Download it and run it and that will take you to a page that lists how many slots you have and what type of memory is curently installed.

As for the videocard, the specs I'm seeing for your model state that it has an AGP 8X slot (which is where the 5200 is now obviously.) Do you have an idea of what you might want to spend on a videocard? Are you wanting to play newer games besides just PSU also?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-07-26 16:55 ]</font>

Besides PSU, I usually play Morrowind, Oblivion and Black and White 2. Im looking to expand later, so Im preparing for any higher grade requirements.

Im looking to spend...maybe $500 on a video card. Something that's upper midrange or low end high range, if that makes any sense.

this proberly wont matter but if my laptop can handle guildwars and the psu player creation can i handle this game?