Page 3 of 111 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

I used that crucial scan thing, but everytime I run it, it takes me to a blank notepad document ?_?

Nevermind, switched file types and it works

Ive got 4 slots, 2 filled with 256MB each (DDR PC2700).

Member of the PSO in PSU club!

I just looked...I have ONE agp/pci slot.....What would you recamend that's cheep but will run psu with ease?

On 2006-07-26 15:37, Grigori wrote:
    Besides PSU, I usually play Morrowind, Oblivion and Black and White 2. Im looking to expand later, so Im preparing for any higher grade requirements.

Im looking to spend...maybe $500 on a video card. Something that's upper midrange or low end high range, if that makes any sense.
    If you're not nervous about it, check out your power supply unit. That will tell us just how 'beefy' of a card you will have support for. AGP is a bit tricky to work with today as there are rather few 'new' cards for that interface. Overall, right now the best AGP card is the 7800GS by nVidia. However, ATI is readying to release the X1700 series which will be AGP compatable as well supposedly. Whether or not it compares performance-wise (and feature-wise) with the 7800GS remains yet to be seen. But, both of these will probably recommend at least 350 watts if not 400 watts of stable power as well as decent amperage on the line as well. Both the 7800GS and X1700 should be well under $500. Keep in mind though that your Pentium 4 2.66 is a bit old and will bottleneck both of those cards, especially at higher resolutions. It should perform fine for most things, but Oblivion is tasking even on the newest systems so don't expect to run it maxed out by any means. (Heck, even people with ultra high end systems today have hard times getting high settings in that game, so don't feel bad about that) PSU should run fully maxed saying that Sega did a decent job in cleaning up the coding this time around. (Maxed at 1280x1024 for sure, 1600x1200 might require a step or two off of the anti-alias)

On 2006-07-26 18:29, coolcat33333 wrote:
    I just looked...I have ONE agp/pci slot.....What would you recamend that's cheep but will run psu with ease?
    What do you mean by AGP/PCI? As in one of each? If so, as long as the AGP is at least 4x compatable go with that as you will get far and above the bandwidth (performance) with the same card in a PCI version. PCI video cards perform horribly due to the interface being strictly not designed for graphics. Always go with AGP over PCI (not to be confused with PCI-Express).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Norvekh on 2006-07-26 19:53 ]</font>

how about this desktop
    pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.4GHz
    2.4GHz
    512 MB of RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    total memory 128.0 MB

heh yeah detective392, that desktop will certainly run PSU well... (by the listed requirements)
    I still think that those requirements aren't exactly accurate...
    My Opinion to run the game without a glitch would be:
    -Pentium 4 1.6Ghz
    -512MB of RAM (1 GB would be best)
    -A Graphics Card with 256mb (128mb is acceptable) (8-12pixel pipelines) wtf I still don't understand how they post 64mb as an appropriate requirement!
    -and of course a hard drive with enough capacity

I could be completely wrong but what I listed would be a very good setup to run this game.

im not big on computers and what not but how do i find out if i have the requirments ive seen it once but dont remember

START>RUN>type in DXDIAG and hit OK or Enter. For a quick rundown of your specs look at the PROCESSOR and MEMORY under the SYSTEM tab and NAME and APPROX. TOTAL MEMORY under the DISPLAY tab. That will at least give you the basic specs of your machine. Also you need a DVD player.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2006-07-27 11:04 ]</font>

The Veteran

Even though I just got a really good PC(cost-to-power ratio,180GB Hard Drive,504 MB memory,an Intell Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz. processor,and a 19" Flat Panel,all for $500,not on Ebay,but directly from Dell(super desktop deal week,once a year).

The problem is,I don't know a whole lot about the computer world(I know the internet world well,but not when it comes to my PC) and what I need to know is how I can check my Video Card and how much the recommended(128 MB VRam) would go for.Can anyone help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vetsent on 2006-07-28 11:11 ]</font>

START>RUN>type in DXDIAG and hit OK or Enter. Then click the "Display" Tab. In that you should see "Device" and that will tell you all you need to know about your graphics card.