Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I have some very bad news. The US and Japanese versions of v3 PSO are most likely separated. This may change in the future - but I doubt it. Don't take what I say as absolute - I am providing evidence here that leads to one conclusion that could still be wrong.

I found the American servers, and I've connected to them. But what I have found has basically proven that the servers will never link together unless the Japanese version is updated.

When the client logs onto a server, it sends its version number as part of the logon packet. Japanese GC PSO is version 48, and American GC PSO is version 49. If you try to log onto the American servers as version 48, it will immediately disconnect you. This means that Japanese users could never get onto American servers. Interpret this how you wish, but to me, it means that they are intentionally protecting the American servers against Japanese players (or more likely, American cheaters with the Japanese version )coming there using some packet sniffing tool.

Here's the list of ships that are currently active:

21:US/Vega
    22:US/Altair
    23:US/Deneb
    24:US/Antares

Yes, only 4 at the moment. There will probably be more.

-- Barubary

good to know, we shall see within the coming week, thanks for the heads up.

hrmm well we got 1 day to see if this is all correct

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

I have some good friends that imported whom I will be unable to play with assuming its true. And I have no reason to suspect that it isn't. Plus I know a lot of gamers who enjoy playing on the JP severs. I guess its kind of unfortunate.

Seems an aweful lot of trouble to bother putting in those pre-rendered sentances only to segregate the servers.

There's going to be a new debugged Japanese version coming out soon, isn't there? So we'll at least be able to play with some Japanese when the new version comes out there, if not importers.

Mage of the Stars

i really hope that we can eventually jump servers. why would they segregate like that? i know there is still a hack problem(damnit...), but im hopeful.

is it possible those are servers that were just set up for reviewers the reason im curious is that there are only 4 of them whereas the dc version had about double that

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

On 2002-10-28 23:05, Alisha wrote:
    is it possible those are servers that were just set up for reviewers the reason im curious is that there are only 4 of them whereas the dc version had about double that
    Servers can be added or removed as needed. Right now there isn't exactly a big user-base, so there aren't many servers up. I guess they could be keeping the rest down for any last minute maintenance.

Also, what is the user and lobby limit for each server? The limit might have gone up since the DC version.

Anyone on the import know how many people can be in one lobby at a time, and how many lobbies there are per ship?
    Look, he did it again.

On 2002-10-28 23:05, Alisha wrote:
    I actually met a reviewer there. She actually hadn't played the game before.

-- Barubary