Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

woot. My mother's still in her utter total financial bitchnazi mode.

The past few weeks, I've been going to sat prep in chinatown, downtown manhattan. That takes about an hour, via bus, and three subways(two transfers). This is quite exhausting, given that it's around 100+degreesF here in ny. If anybody's been keeping up with new york's news, the electricity's been quite pissy, as of late as well. Dead electricity makes for no air conditioning in subways, delayed trains, and spontaneously stopping for no apparant reason. I was late 40 minutes today, due to aforementioned delays.

In a previous rant, I've already mentioned how my mother talked my grandmother (divorced father's side) to pay for the summer school, in full, all $1250 of it. In her very convincing proposal to my grandmother, she kindly said 'Edith chose this school, she wants to go to blablabla' Lies. Never heard of this place, don't like it here, don't like the stupid people either. Mother's trying to blame me that I'm stuck here. O RLY? Given a choice, I'd be in a nightschool, and she knows damned well that I'm nocturnal, but apparantly, I'm supposed to "adjust to the school's schedules" even if it means getting my ass up at seven in smelting hot mornings, (which is only getting hotter) Fuck that, it's my summer break, if I wanted to conform to -this- place (Florentine)'s schedule, I'd had said something. Otherwise, don't book me to stupid places.
    Florentine's summer program lasts till the very last week of summer, efficently killing any chance of me finding a summer job, or fill in those community service hours I've been needing. Nothing like working in an overpriced/paid ice cream shop during blistering hot summers.

The list goes on an on.

Mother works at home; her office is the living room. She's a lazy bastitch, and has two 'workers' comming by on a daily basis. Me, being me, get out of Florentine, and hang around the city a bit (hang around the city, I mean get out of school, and glue myself to B&N for three hours), and try to get home at seven. (workers leave at six) I get home early, she'll whine about having to send one of the workers out to pick me up at the bus stop. I get home late, nobody picks up the phone, and I walk home from the bus stop. loss-loss. Typically, anyway.
    Stepfather came home two days ago. I called home when I was by the bridge, left a message on the answering machine "Oooh, I'll be at the xy in a bit, come pick me up"
    I arrive at said location, and surprise, nobody's here. I call again. "Huh? Oh, your mother told me not to answer the phone. I'll come right away! Ooooh, sweet bloody joy. Later at dinner, stepfather denies all of that last paragraph and happy shit. Mother says I'm supposed to be responsible enough to let her know when I'm comming home. Three phone calls isn't enough? It's not like she's the one one paying from the payphone. Actually, don't mind that. It's not like she's actually home to pick up the damned phone.

Nurnurnur.... random conversations over dinner, somehow brings up my missing drumset, despite mother talking $500 out of grandma, and my $250. Well, somehow, she manages to forget the fact that it's her boyfriend's friend at the music shop willing to sell said drumset so cheap. She complains about who's going to pay for the lessons, which would be long term, and more than pay the cost of said drumset in a bit. Somehow, she gets pissed, despite her not investing anything into it, and decided to give me back the $500 she leeched out of my grandmother. Me, being me, pissed, just burned it. Yes, I literally burned $500 in cash on the kitchen stove.

Okay, let's rephrase that last part. We came home, and she just threw the wad of cash at me, saying she had no need for it. the pot was convenient, and I just struck a match to it. stormed off. >_>;

And now, mother's in the living room, confessing all the happy bullshit to her sisters (my aunts), because apparantly, it's a form of stress relief for her. (she's the youngest of seven siblings, so she heeds their advice a lot more than common logic)

Oh well. Fuck that.
    My mother's one of those crazy women which can drive some people to the point of insanity. Hell, I had some suicidal thoughts on the car ride home, not wanting to deal with her, or anybody, for a while.
    And none of that above shit made sense, but meh, I feel better than I did half an hour ago.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firocket1690 on 2006-08-03 14:09 ]</font>

Tu madre es mi perra

that really x infinity sucks man, your mom is a dirty !#%%$@&*^$# and a !%^% $@##% even more.

Ouch...

I read the whole thing and all I have to say is sorry. Because there really isn't much else that can be done, at least on my end. Well, at least some comic relief:

At something something Firerock1690 wrote:
    ....delayed trains, and spontaneously stopping for no apparant reason.
    Somehow I misinterpreted that as:
    ...delayed trains, and spontaneously stripping for no apparent reason.

I mean I knew it was hot, but yeesh....

My mind at work

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheyCallMeJoe on 2006-08-02 21:26 ]</font>

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

hmmm thast gotta suck. id tell her to go F**K of!!!!

Why the fuck did you burn $500??!?!

I'm with darthsaber81. I can't believe no one else mentioned it yet. I have an idea: next time, donate the $500 to a charity or something, write "$500" on a piece of paper, and burn that. Or I could give you my address, and the next time you find yourself with money to burn I'll be happy to take it off your hands.

Dancing Blades, Whirling Whips Maridia's Avatar

Firo, sounds like you have a lot going on, and I sympathise about that, but you're a dumbass. Burning 500 bucks because you're "pissed"? Sounds more like you're a spoiled little brat princess. Grow the hell up. I was having sympathy and understanding for you right up until then.

Pff. Burning 500$. What a waste. I'll be happy to take it off your hands next time you find yourself with a large amount of cash and no desire to keep it.

teh ninja'd

On 2006-08-03 14:22, Maridia wrote:
    Firo, sounds like you have a lot going on, and I sympathise about that, but you're a dumbass. Burning 500 bucks because you're "pissed"? Sounds more like you're a spoiled little brat princess. Grow the hell up. I was having sympathy and understanding for you right up until then.

Pff. Burning 500$. What a waste. I'll be happy to take it off your hands next time you find yourself with a large amount of cash and no desire to keep it.
    Not everyone thinks perfectly (or at all) logicly when they're pissed off.

Porkchop Sandwiches

On 2006-08-03 14:22, Maridia wrote:

I'm going to have to agree. I mean of course we all do things that are irrational when we're mad. I mean I might get mad and say some bad stuff, but everyone does that. If everybody burnt $500 everytime they got pissed... well you get the picture.

Maridia pretty much hit all the key points. I'm not sure how old you are, Firo, but it seems as if most of your angst is teenage in nature. You can take solace in the knowledge that you'll (hopefully) outgrow most of the family/room & board problems you're facing right now.