Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

You should be a writer. Those story's are verey good.

ps

Crip Freeze

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: czyk on 2006-08-25 14:38 ]</font>

CHAPTER TEN

Lisa had to push her way through the crowd carrying her bag of groceries. Being a RAcaseal she didn't eat anything but monomate, but her creator and father was human and no doubt would be hungry. Doctor Wong was returning from the planet after being gone for three weeks. On Coral he was a very popular cybernetisist building androids for all types of occupations. He was a peaceful person and tried to avoid military androids. Sixteen years ago he decided to build one for himself. He wasn't married and had no time for children so he built one instead. Every day Lisa had been at his side. She helped with his work and he protected her. He had been offered a position on Pioneer Two and jumped at the opportunity. Lisa had never been outside of their little town. The space port alone was larger than her town. People were scurrying around excitedly. At four foot six with a white casing with purple trim that resembled a dress, black feet built to look like boots, and a pink head that looked like hair tied back in a ponytail, she looked very much like a child. Doctor Wong had even made her legs and face to resemble flesh. The only thing that was a dead give away was her red android eyes. Lisa stayed close to Doctor Wong, afraid she might get lost. They past through security and boarded a shuttle that docked with the ship. The chief of Pioneer two's cybernetics lab greeted them at the airlock.

"Welcome Doctor Wong!" He said, "Sorry about the shuttle but the transporters are packed right now."

He first showed them the lab then he took them to their quarters. Lisa spent most of her time there. She would clean and cook, making sure everything was in order when the Doctor returned from the lab. One day he called her over. He looked at her sternly. His usual pleasant demeanor was gone.

"Lisa." He said, "I have to go away for a few weeks. Don't worry, I will return."

"I don't understand." Lisa frowned, "Where are you going?"

"Down to Ragol." He replied, "I have a new job. While I'm there, I won't be able to contact you. Do not come to the planet looking for me. It's much too dangerous, you must stay here."

"All right." She nodded.

"I know you've never been on your own before but Pioneer Two is safe." He smiled a little, "Only go to shops if you absolutely have too, otherwise stay in the apartment. Nobody can hurt you here."

"Who would hurt me?" Lisa asked with a frown.

"No one yet." Doctor Wong frowned, "But that could change. Don't worry about that now. I should be gone no longer than three weeks."

"I'll be waiting." Lisa smiled.

"That's my girl." Wong said kissing her metal forehead.

He left without saying another word. She sat down on the sofa and waited. When her power systems got low she would munch on some monomates to recharge. Three weeks later he returned just as he promised. He was back to his pleasant self as well. He stayed for a couple of days then left again. Every three weeks he would return then after a couple of days he'd leave again. Lisa began preparing fancy meals on the day of his return. She passed the time by watching the news for updates on the Pioneer One mystery. Then came the day of the big battle between the hunters and Dark Faltz. She watched as the battle was broadcast by a couple of foolish journalists. Dark Faltz was a frightening creature and even though it was on television it still scared her. A few days later Doctor Wong returned. He was very quiet and didn't talk much. He only stayed for a few hours before leaving again. The news started reporting rumors of a research facility on an island near the central dome but no one would confirm it. Then hunters began disappearing from the mines. So far kidnapping had been isolated to the caves by a small black market organization called Black Paper. Shortly after, people began disappearing from Pioneer Two. The ship was no longer safe just as Doctor Wong had feared.

Today was the day he returned. Lisa was very excited for this was the longest he had ever been gone. She had begun to worry until she received a BEE message telling her when he was coming home. She was going to make his favorite dish. It was an ancient Chinese dish from Earth. One of his ancestors was an Earth man who came to live in the tri system. Which planet, no one remembers. Some how the name managed to survive even during the migration from the Algo system to Coral. Lisa didn't quite understand the importance of it but if it meant something to her father then it meant something to her. She arrived at the apartment to find it still empty. She set the bag on the table and began preparing the meal. Doctor Wong arrived at five thirty, same as always. She set the dish on the table and smiled as he walked in.

"Thank you Lisa." He said, "Sit down, I need to talk to you."

"What is it?" She asked taking the seat across from him.

"I've gotten myself into a little trouble." He said and took a bite.

"What kind of trouble?" Lisa asked.

"That doesn't matter." He said, "What matters is your safety. You mean everything to me. You are as important to me as a human child is to her father. I have protected you since the day I activated you, however I failed to teach you to protect yourself. I may not be able to accomplish that now but I can help you."

"What are you talking about?" She cried.

She would have shed tears if she was able. Doctor Wong signaled her to wait then he retrieved a large box from his bedroom. He set it on the table and removed the lid.

"This is Pushan." He said drawing out a large butterfly shaped Mag, "He belonged to my father. He was a RAmar in the old hunters guild. Fought in the gang wars. He died when I was five. On his death bed he made me promise to take care of Pushan. He had protected him and he would protect me. I never became a hunter but I still cared for him. Now he will protect you. Remember you must also protect him. Don't let anyone else get their hands on him."

"He's cute." Lisa smiled.

"I want you to go down to the hunters guild and sign up as a ranger." Doctor Wong said, "They will train you to fight. Then you'll be able to protect yourself."

"Why a ranger?" Lisa asked.

"There are only two kinds of androids." Doctor Wong said, "Hunters and rangers. Ranger androids tend to be kinder and gentler. Just what I wanted in a daughter. Even the human rangers tend to be more friendly than the hunters. I hate hunters. Anyway, remember stay away from Ragol. Especially now. No matter what happens."

"Father, your scaring me." Lisa frowned.

"I'm sorry but I just want you to be safe." Doctor Wong said, "Now go to the hunters guild. They will assign you an apartment in your section ID. Do not refuse it. Take the apartment and go there. It's not safe here."

"But father!" Lisa protested.

"No buts Lisa." Doctor Wong insisted, "Do not come back."

Slowly she stood up and took Pushan from him. He looked at his watch and pushed her out the door. He locked the door leaving her standing in the hallway. If she could have cried she would have been balling her eyes out. Pushan made a little chirp. Lisa looked down at him.

"Did you say something?" Lisa asked.

The Mag did nothing. She shrugged and headed to the elevator. The main street was dark and deserted. This was very unusual for this time of night. Slowly she walked to the transporter. She stepped in and was instantly transported to the hunters level. The guild was deserted except for the girl behind the counter. She looked at Lisa standing in the doorway.

"Hello." She smiled, "May I help you?"

"I...I want to be a ranger." Lisa said softly.

"No problem." The girl said, "Come on over and I'll sign you up."

Lisa slowly approached the desk.

"First I need your name." The girl said.

"Lisa." She replied, "Lisa Wong."

"O.K. and you are obviously a RAcaseal." The girl said.

Lisa nodded. The guild girl held out a pad and pointed to a hole in the center.

"Just place your finger in here and we'll get you registered."

Lisa did as she was instructed. The orange Oran symbol appeared on the center of her chest.

"There you go." The girl said, "Your now RAcaseal Lisa, section ID Oran. That gives you access to all the facilities at the training center as well as unlimited access to the planets surface."

"I can go down to the planet?" Lisa asked looking up from her section ID.

"Yep." The girl nodded, "Here's the access card for your new apartment. The number is on the card and your new Mag. Every new hunter receives one."

"But I already have one." Lisa said and picked Pushan up from the floor.

"A Pushan." The girl smiled, "You are one very lucky girl. Those are very special mags. Not every one can grow one."

"It was my Grandfathers." Lisa smiled.

"How nice." The girl said doubting her.

Pushan was now hovering behind Lisa's left shoulder.

"Is he supposed to do that?" Lisa asked.

"Yep." The girl smiled, "You two will develop a bond as you work together."

Lisa nodded then felt a wave of dread wash over her.

"Are you all right?" The girl asked.

"I have this feeling that something has happened." Lisa replied.

"That's your Mag." The girl said, "He must be trying to tell you something."
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 17, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

"Yes but..." Lisa began then terror struck her.

"Father!" She gasped, "Excuse me but I must go!"

She hurried out the door and into the transporter. The street was still empty. She ran to the elevator and rode it up. The hallway was dark with the red emergency lights as the only illumination. She hurried to the apartment door. The door was no longer locked. She rushed in to find the place trashed. The lights were either flickering or broken. A trail of blood lead from the living room to the bed room. She ran in to find the Doctor lying on the floor. She knelt down and rolled him over. He looked at her and frowned.

"You should not have come back." He whispered.

"Father, who did this to you?" She asked looking over his wounds.

Some one had used a conventional blade and stabbed him several times then left him to bleed to death.

"Lisa, you must get away." He horsed, "Don't let them find you."

"Who, who father?" She asked holding him.

He said nothing more. He simply closed his eyes and stopped breathing.

"No." She gasped, "NO!"

She set him back down and called security. A few minutes later her door chime rang. She answered the door to find two large security guards standing there.

"Are you the one who called about an attack?" The guard asked.

Lisa nodded.

"I'm Officer Radford and this is Officer Miguel." He said.

"Come in." Lisa said softly, "Doctor Wong is in his bed room."

Officer Radford hurried to Wong while Miguel searched the apartment.

"This happened recently, didn't it?" Miguel asked.

Lisa nodded.

"Where were you when this occurred?" Miguel frowned.

"At the hunters guild signing in." Lisa replied.

Radford entered the room and shook his head.

"He's gone." Radford said, "Moon atomizer wouldn't even work."

"Android." Miguel began.

"My name is Lisa." She said softly.

"Lisa." Miguel began again, "Could you tell us what happened before you left."

"Well, today was the day Doctor Wong returned from the planet." Lisa began.

"Woh, what was he doing on the planet?" Miguel asked.

"Working for a lab I think." Lisa said.

"What was he doing there and what lab?" Radford asked as he took pictures of the apartment.

"I don't know, he never told me." She answered shaking her head, "He was a cyberneticist so I assume it had something to do with that."

"Please continue." Miguel waved.

"I went out to get some groceries then went about preparing his favorite meal." Lisa said, "He arrived right when he said he would. He didn't eat much. He seemed frightened. All he talked about was my safety and that I needed to leave the apartment. I think he knew this was going to happen. He gave me Pushan and insisted I go to the hunters guild right away. He pretty much pushed me out the door and told me never to return."

"Why did you?" Miguel asked.

"After I was registered as a ranger, I got this really bad feeling." Lisa explained, "The girl at the guild said it was my Mag talking to me."

"They are very perceptive creatures." Miguel said.

"Especially the older ones." Radford added.

"I hurried home and found this." Lisa waved at the room.

"We're going to have to bring in a sweeper team to scan for clues." Radford said, "I assume the guild assigned you new quarters."

Lisa nodded.

"Good. Gather up your personal things and go there right away." Radford said then followed Miguel out the door.

Lisa didn't have anything of her own so she gathered up some of Doctor Wongs personal items and left for her new apartment. The hallway of the Oran section was tinted slightly orange. She found her place and unlocked the door with her card. Except for a small table and some shelves, the place was empty. She locked the door behind her and went about placing the Doctor's smaller items on the shelves. The larger things she placed on the table then sat on the floor and began thumbing through his photo album and some notebooks. Everything was dated before he left for the planet and gave no insight into what he was doing down there. She looked around the empty room and hugged herself. The silence only reminded her how alone she really was. Finally she could stand it no longer and left. She decided to go to the hunters training center. She figured if she was going to be a ranger then she had better learn how to be one. It was getting close to midnight and the center was virtually deserted. The receptionist was asleep at her desk. Lisa tapped her on the shoulder then jumped when she awoke.

"What can I do for you?" She asked rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"I want to learn to be a ranger." Lisa replied.

"There's no classes here tonight but there is a ranger practicing at the target range." The girl said, "He might be willing to give you a few pointers."

"Thank you." Lisa said softly and started to enter.

"Wait, I have to log you in first." The girl said.

She pulled out a scanner and scanned Lisa's section ID badge.

"There, Lisa, have a nice evening." The girl smiled.

Lisa nodded and proceeded to the range. She found practice weapons at the door. Photon bullets flew out from one of the booths near the rear. Lisa took one in the center. She took a few shots, missing the target completely. She frowned and tried again. She missed again. The shots from the other booth stopped. She kept trying but couldn't even get close.

"Targeting is a little off." A voice said.

She spun around to see a RAmar standing behind her. He was as tall as humans came with reddish brown hair. He was dressed in a white and blue ranger uniform. His section ID indicated he was Pinkal. He stared down at her with piercing eyes.

"My what?" She asked softly.

"Your targeting program." He replied.

"I don't think I have one." Lisa said looking down at his black boots, "It's my first time."

"That explains it." The ranger said, "Come on."

She followed him to a computer terminal by the door. He pulled a small jack from the drawer and plugged it into the back of her neck.

"It will take just a few second for the basic program to download." He said.

"Um, is there an advanced one?" Lisa asked softly, "You know, to make me good right away?"

"Sorry, even androids have to learn." The ranger said, "This just gives you something to build on."

She nodded then froze as her conscience filled with weapons specifications, instructions, and rules. Then it was gone.

"I thought you said it was basic?" She asked.

"Try it." The ranger said as he removed the jack, "You should be able to at least hit the target."

Lisa sighed and entered the closest booth. She took aim and fired. The shot blasted away the top left corner of the target.

"Not bad." The ranger said, "Most handguns drift to the left. Aim just to the right."

She fired again. It wasn't a bulls eye but it was closer.

"Keep practicing and you'll get it in no time." The ranger smiled, "The more you practice, the more your system will be able to adapt. Don't forget to try other types of guns. Each type works differently and target differently. Well, I've got to go. I have an early meeting with a certain Doctor."

He turned to leave.

"Wait!" She blurted then looked down, "Please don't leave me alone."

The ranger turned and stared down at her for a moment. She could sense his piercing eyes studying her. She tried to crawl inside herself. She wanted to escape his scrutiny. Then he smiled slightly and knelt down.

"What happened to you, little android?" He asked softly.

"I'm sorry." She said quickly, "I should not have bothered you."

"Too late for that." He said, "What's the trouble? I've never seen such fear in an android before."

She stared at him for a moment. She wasn't sure he could be trusted. Something told her he did want to help.

"This is my first time on my own." She said finally.

"I see." The ranger nodded.

"My father was murdered today." She said.

"I'm sorry." The ranger gasped, "He was your creator I assume."

Lisa nodded.

"What happened." The ranger asked, "If you don't mind."

"His name was Doctor Leapold Wong." She said, "For the last year he had been working on the planet. Some secret laboratory I think. He never told me anything about it. He came home very concerned for my safety. Made me sign up as a ranger and when I returned home I found him dying."

"I'm very sorry." The ranger said, "If I learn anything about this I'll let you know."

"Thank you." Lisa said and watched him go.

She spent the rest of the night at the range. The next morning she was able to reclaim the furniture from Doctor Wongs apartment. It made her's feel a little more like home. She would take a few classes at the guild then begin her own investigation. She was sorting through a box of Doctor Wong's things when she discovered a small black journal at the bottom. The entries started two months ago. She began with the first entry.

October 21 Old Earth Calendar:

Pressure continues to mount as the officials become more desperate for bionic technology. My team has had the most success with combining mutant animals with android components. The Evil Sharks appear to be most receptive. They last the longest before cellular decay around the implants begin. Doctor Lazaris continues to push to the breaking point. One member of my team has already had a mental break down. I have not seen him since.

Lisa frowned. It was unusual for the Doctor to use the old Earth calendar. It was only used by the military on classified information. Most people didn't understand the old calendar and wouldn't be able to interpret the dates. This journal was obviously something the Doctor wanted kept secret. She continued to scan through the entries. Doctor Lazaris appeared several times. As the entries continued, Doctor Wong became more concerned with the research and more fearful of Lazaris. The research appeared to be taking a direction Wong didn't like but he wouldn't say exactly what was going on. At least she now had a name to work with. If she could find this Lazaris, he might be able to tell her who Wongs killer was. It might even be him. She glanced at the clock and stuffed everything back into the box. She scooped Pushan up and hurried off to her training lesson.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 17, 2016 at 08:12 PM.

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Deepfreeze awoke abruptly to his door chime. He climbed out of bed and stumbled to the door. The door slid open. Cerberus filled the doorway.

"What is it with you and early mornings?" He mumbled.

"I came over as soon as my recharge cycle was complete." Cerberus replied.

"You know it takes longer for us humans to recharge." Deepfreeze grumbled.

"You'll be fine." Cerberus said slapping him on the back, "Now get dressed and let's go."

"You know your not very high on my favorite persons list right now." Deepfreeze smiled.

"No worries, I'll be at the top of that list by noon." Cerberus chuckled.

"Not the way your going." Deepfreeze mumbled and went back into the bedroom.

A few minutes later he returned in his ranger uniform. They stopped by the cafe for breakfast before heading on to the lab. Elly was working at her desk and didn't see them come in. The rangers walked up to the desk and stopped in front of her.

"Busy day?" Deepfreeze asked.

She looked up from her terminal and smiled.

"Hi guys, what can I do for you?"

"We need to speak to Doctor Montague." Deepfreeze said.

"You do?" Elly frowned, "Why?"

"We need his expertise on something." Cerberus replied.

"Let me check." Elly said turning to her terminal, "Doesn't look like he's in but Elenor is in lab five. She might be able to direct you."

"Thanks Elly." Deepfreeze waved.

Elenor was a pink and white RAcaseal and Doctor Montague's creation. The two are seldom apart and when they are it usually means Elenor is in trouble. She also possessed the unique ability to communicate with mags. She was always caring for baby mags that had no owner. She was busy working on something and didn't see them come in.

"Elenor, we're looking for the Doctor." Deepfreeze called.

She turned and grinned.

"Deepfreeze, Cerberus, it's so good to see you."

"It's good to see you too." Deepfreeze smiled, "The Doctor, where is he?"

"He went to the planet for samples." Elenor said, "He'll be gone for a couple of days."

"That's no good. We need to see him right away." Deepfreeze shook his head.

"What about?" Elenor asked.

"This." Cerberus said drawing the arm from his pack.

"Where did you get this?" Elenor asked taking the arm.

"In the ruins." Cerberus said, "It attacked us."

"You recognize it?" Deepfreeze asked.

"I've heard rumors about strange dark creatures that have been appearing on the planets surface." Elenor explained. "Creatures of flesh and metal. I never believed they were real."

"Oh they're very real." Deepfreeze said.

"I'll contact the Doctor for you." Elenor said, "Once he learns about this he'll come running back. Leave this with me and anything we learn I'll contact you at once."

"Thanks Elenor." Deepfreeze smiled and started to leave.

"Bye guys." Elenor waved, "Take care of that mag of yours, Cerberus."

"I will." Cerberus replied and followed Deepfreeze out.

In the hallway Deepfreeze bumped into Nol as she was coming through a door. She landed on her bottom.

"Nol, are you all right?" He asked helping her up.

"Ya, no harm done." She replied, "I'm glad I bumped into you though."

"Why?" Deepfreeze frowned.

"I have some info from the world of journalism." She replied, "Looks like Black Paper is clearing out of the mines and their not trying to be secretive about it either. Containers and equipment are being moved through the caves to the surface. No one knows where its going but everything seems to be headed north. There appears to be transporter activity just north of the central dome but no one can get close. It's too heavily guarded by Sinow Reds."

"I wonder if this has anything to do with that facility we scouted." Cerberus said.

"Hard to say." Deepfreeze replied rubbing his chin, "With a transporter they could be going anywhere."

"What facility?" Nol asked.

"Nothing, for now just forget you heard anything." Deepfreeze said, "We're not sure who or what we're dealing with yet. The less you know the safer you are."

"All right, but I want a full explanation when this is over." Nol replied poking him in the chest.

"Fine." He said and pushed past her.

Cerberus smiled and gave her a small quick bow then caught up to his friend.

"You know, not every girl is going to betray you." He said softly.

"Ya, but it's still going to take me a while." Deepfreeze sighed.

"Maybe so, but if your going to have one on your team your going to have to trust her." Cerberus said.

"I'm hopping that might speed things up." Deepfreeze smiled a little, "Besides, she's proven herself in battle."

"True enough." Cerberus began.

Deepfreeze's com beeped. He tapped the button on his left arm for the display.

"It's from Principal Tyrel." He said, "He wants to see us right away."

"Let's go then." Cerberus nodded.

Tyrel's office was just as cold as ever. The glass dome roof sucked all the heat into space. The scientists that were usually on his right were gone. Irene sat shivering at her desk. Tyrel waved them forward.

"Is it colder in here today?" Deepfreeze asked softly.

"It is fifteen degrees colder than normal." Cerberus replied.

"Welcome, gentlemen." Tyrel said, "Sorry about the temperature but I wanted the scientists to leave on their own."

"What's up?" Deepfreeze asked.

"Activity around that facility I sent you to has increased by double." Tyrel said, "Something big is going on down there but my scouts can't get close. Security is too tight."

"What do you want from us?" Cerberus asked.

"Simple, sneak inside and find out what's going on." Tyrel said.

"Oh, is that all." Deepfreeze shrugged.

"I want you to assemble a second team of hunters that you trust." Tyrel said, "I won't accept anything less."

"Certainly, but what for?" Deepfreeze nodded.

"We've discovered a cave in the mountains of Gal Da Val island." Tyrel explained, "It was sealed with a security door. We're pretty sure it's fairly new and still in use. I have sent scouts in but none have returned. You two have never let me down before. You're the only hunters I can trust. Black Paper's influence is everywhere and they have been picking off hunters loyal to the government."

"I know." Deepfreeze lowered his head, "We've run into them. They kidnapped a colleague of ours. We've been tracking them to the mines. That base of operations has been shut down but a new monster was revealed to us in the Ruins by Black Hound."

"Ruins, Black Hound!" Tyrel exclaimed, "I ordered that door sealed. No one was to be able to get in."

"Yes Sir." Cerberus nodded, "I over saw the operations myself. When we went down there, the door was open and no sign of our blast door."

"It looked like the door had never been sealed." Deepfreeze said.

Cerberus nodded.

"This is very troubling gentlemen." Tyrel said shaking his head, "You must stop this. I can't have the thought of my daughters killer being released again."

"Don't worry Sir." Deepfreeze glared, "We won't let that happen."

"Thank you." Tyrel said, "Your transporter pass has been reactivated in case you wish to return to the facility. I suggest looking for an alternative entrance. Irene will give you the coordinates for the Gal Da Val cave. Time is of the essence."

"That may be so." Deepfreeze said, "But my team is injured and must heal before we go."

"This is not good news." Tyrel said.

"Maybe not but Cerberus and I can not do it alone." Deepfreeze bowed, "And I trust no one else."

"And I trust no one else." Tyrel said.

"We will make haste." Deepfreeze bowed his head and turned to leave.

Cerberus took the pad from Irene and followed Deepfreeze out.

"So, what do we do now?" Cerberus asked.

"What can we do?" Deepfreeze shrugged, "We don't have a team let alone two. Until our people heal and the rookies complete their training, we're stuck. For now we wait and hope Montague comes up with something."

"I'm going to check the guild for quest." Cerberus said, "Something to kill time."

"I think I'll stop by the hospital and check in on the crew." Deepfreeze said.

"Say hi for me." Cerberus said then ran across the street.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 17, 2016 at 08:21 PM.

Deepfreeze waved goodbye then rounded the corner and entered the hospital. He strolled down the hall and stopped in front of the door. He opened the door slowly and found HitmanJ alone in his bed. HitmanJ smiled and waved him over.

"Good to see you." He grinned, "I was starting to get lonely."

"Where are the others?" Deepfreeze asked.

"They were released this morning." HitmanJ said, "Striker had healed enough for Resta to finish the job and it turns out our little HUnewearl is tougher than she looks."

"Really?" Deepfreeze half smiled.

"Oh ya, she was bouncing all over the place this morning." HitmanJ said, "She was going stir crazy. Drove the nurses nuts. I think they kicked her out, just so they wouldn't have to deal with her."

"How are you coming?" Deepfreeze asked.

"Pretty good." HitmanJ nodded, "I should be on my feet by tonight. Wonderful stuff Resta is."

"That's good." Deepfreeze nodded, "Principal Tyrell gave us more work to do."

"What?" HitmanJ frowned.

"Activity has increased at that facility we scouted." Deepfreeze said, "Plus they've discovered secret caverns under Gal Da Val island. He wants me to assemble two teams. One to infiltrate the facility and one to investigate the caves."

"We don't have two teams." HitmanJ shook his head.

"Right, so I plan on taking a team to the island first." Deepfreeze said, "I want a look at that place before I send anyone else."

"Are you going to take Striker as the fourth man again?" HitmanJ asked.

"Not if I can help it." Deepfreeze said, "I want Amanda as our fourth, if she'll go."

"Oh I think she'll go." HitmanJ smiled.

"Me too." Deepfreeze nodded, "We just have to wait until she completes some technique training."

"She said she was going to spend all day doing that." HitmanJ said.

"Hum, I think I'll look in on her progress then." Deepfreeze nodded, "I'll contact you tomorrow morning."

"Say hi for me." HitmanJ waved.

Deepfreeze nodded and excited the room. He was grateful for monomates and Resta. Without those his teammates would have been weeks and maybe even months recovering. This was the only way hunters could take such a pounding and keep coming back. He made his way to the training center. The best place to watch technique training was from the monitor room. All the V.R. rooms were busy. Amanda was in a class full of young forces. They were currently working on the three levels of Zonde. Deepfreeze leaned back in the chair and smiled.

"Smart girl." He thought, "Fast tracking her training so she could learn everything quickly. She would only have low level techniques but at least she'd have all of the ones HUnewearls were capable of using. The only ones they couldn't learn was Grants and Megid. Guild rules I believe."

Usually only the strongest of forces could fast track. It took a lot of mental strength and concentration. Mental strength she had in abundance. Concentration she'd learn quickly from the forces. Deepfreeze brought up her log sheet on the computer. She had checked in shortly after leaving the hospital and had been there ever since. In the morning she had completed Shifta, Deband, and Resta, and was now completing the elements. All that was left was Zalure, Jellen, and Ryuker. He had no doubt she'd finish those this afternoon, then they'd dump a whole lot of technique disks on her to study and up her technique levels. He checked the data base and found Aphrodite listed in the combat training for forces. She too had checked in early this morning. He thought it a long shot but was pleasantly surprised when he checked and found the young android ranger, Lisa, was also training here today. He was going to keep an eye on her as well. He couldn't help but feel that her case was directly related to his. He suspected this Doctor Wong had secretly been working for Black Papers employer. He knew everything would be revealed in the end. Getting to the end was the hard part. He stayed for a while to watch the training classes. He was alone in the booth and hoped it would stay that way. He began to wonder what Cerberus was doing and hoped he wasn't getting in to too much trouble.

The caves were full of Evil Sharks today. Cerberus backed up bumping into the two hunters he had rescued earlier. One was a young HUmar named Jesse, the other was his sister Nikki, a RAmarl. Jesse was average height dressed in red with blonde hair and sporting a pair of daggers. Nikki was shorter dressed in a blue rangers uniform. Her hair was red and stuffed under her beret. She had a simple rifle. They had come down on a quest to retrieve a sample of Del Rol Le's toxin, but had been pinned down by a group of Grass Assassins. Cerberus had taken a clearing mission from the guild and had run into them down here. He had arrived just in time as the Grass Assassins where about to break through the rubble wall the hunters had been hiding behind. Now they were surrounded by ten Evil Sharks. Way more than there should be.

"Anybody good at Rabarta?" Cerberus asked.

"Uh we haven't learned techniques yet." Nikki replied.

"You came down to the planet with no techniques!" Cerberus exclaimed, "What were you thinking?"

"We needed the money badly." Jesse replied.

Cerberus fired, hitting the closest shark in the head. It screamed and fell to the floor. He pulled a freeze trap out and tossed it up, then grabbed the young hunters and pulled them through the opening the dead shark had created. The group broke free then turned and slowly started marching toward them. Cerberus and Nikki began firing. Jesse ran out and began slashing at the lead shark. It yelled and batted him away. Cerberus felled two more. He bolted for Jesse with Nikki right behind. Two sharks had surrounded Jesse and were about to strike. Cerberus drove the butt of his Wals into the sharks head knocking it away. Nikki jumped in and side kicked the second shark allowing Jesse to scramble to his feet. A pair of Nano Dragons appeared at the far end of the cave. They ignored the activity and just walked in circles. Cerberus managed to fell another shark. A Grass Assassin appeared by the door and charged at the group.

"This is very bad." Cerberus muttered.

The monsters had them pinned up against the wall. Cerberus pushed the young hunters behind him. He braced himself holding his left arm out ready for the strike. The sharks moved closer and closer, claws raised to strike. Nikki fired from behind Cerberus inflicted minor damage to the sharks. Jesse held his daggers ready but knew there was little he could do.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 18, 2016 at 09:09 PM.

CHAPTER TWELVE

Falcon headed out early in the morning. It was going to be a busy day for him but first he needed to get his katana repaired. Musashi only truly worked as a pair. He went to a small weapons shop on the lower decks of the ship. An old weapons master worked there. Falcon walked up to the counter and set the hilt down.

“What can I do for you today?” The old man said.

“My Musashi sword no longer operates.” Falcon said.

“Let me see then.” The man said picking up the hilt.

He disappeared into a back room and was gone for several minutes. He returned shaking his head.

“I'm afraid it's completely fused.” The man said, “No one can fix this.”

“I need my swords.” Falcon stated.

“Hang on a minute.” The man said, “I might have something that will interest you.”

He disappeared again then returned holding a wooden box very much like a silver wear case. Inside were two shiny silver hilts.

“What are these?” Falcon asked.

“These are Yamato.” The man replied, “Interested?”

“Indeed.” Falcon said picking up a hilt, “How much?”

“For you?” The Old Man shrugged, “Ten thousand plus you trade for Musashi.”

“I thought you said it wasn't repairable.” Falcon glared.

“It's not but I can always use the good one for parts.” The Old man replied.

Falcon pulled out a gold meseta diamond and programmed it for ten thousand which automatically withdrew from his account. He placed it and the good hilt on the table. The old man took the items then handed Falcon the box. Falcon took the two new hilts and stuffed them in his pack.

“Keep the box.” He said, “I have no need for it.”

“Those have never been used.” The Old man said, “Don't you wish to keep them looking like new?”

“These are tools.” Falcon said, “Not collector's items. Now if you had Sange and Yasha or Agito then I might consider a protective case.”

“Sange and Yasha!” The Old man laughed, “They're broken. Recovered by the great Zoke's android.”

“I know but an android can dream.” Falcon said.

He walked out without another word. Zoke had been a fool. He had owned three of the four legendary swords and broken them all getting himself killed and nearly got that idiot ranger Bernie killed. The broken swords now reside in Pioneer Two's museum. Falcon made his way back to the main promenade. Today was his first full day of hunting Black Hound. He wasn't sure where to start so he decided to check Black Papers old stomping grounds. Hunters weren't afraid to go to the caves so that would be a great place to kidnap them. He entered the transporter and reappeared in the hot lava filled first level. He entered the first room only to discover the floor covered in pools of green blood.

“Why does someone else always beat me to the fun?” Falcon sighed, “Must be some hunters on a quest.”

He searched the entire level but it had been cleared out. He found the transporter to the second level. After searching through the water drenched caverns he found the transporter to the last level. He had yet to face a single monster and there was no sign of Black Hound anywhere. It was now getting close to noon and he was getting very upset. He approached a door and heard gunfire. He ran through the door and into a pair of Nano Dragons. Across the room there were three hunters pinned down by a group of sharks and a Grass Assassin. A red RAcast was shielding a pair of humans. He looked very familiar. Falcon drew his Yamato and activated the blades. One dragon fired a laser at him. He dove to the side and slashed at the other. It took off and flew across the room. The first one fired again hitting Falcon in the back. He turned and charged slashing away at the dragon until it was dead. The second dragon had begun firing at the hunters. Falcon bolted across the room and began taking out some of the sharks. This allowed the others to move and begin fighting. The monsters fell quickly causing the doors to unlock. Falcon ran up to the others.

“Are you all unhurt?” He asked.

“We're fine.” Jesse nodded.

“You again.” Cerberus said, “I don't suppose you'll give me your name this time.”

“I am Falcon, mightiest of all hunters!” He proclaimed.

“Oh brother.” Nikki muttered.

“I don't suppose you've seen Black Hound down here?” Falcon asked.

“Sorry.” Cerberus shook his head.

“Then I must continue searching.” Falcon glared, “He's here somewhere. I can almost sense him.”

“We could help you look.” Jesse offered.

“I do not require help here.” Falcon glared, “Especially not from a couple of children.”

He bolted through the closest door. Cerberus stood shaking his head.

“Come on.” He said, “We're not going that way.”

“What if he gets into trouble?” Jesse asked.

“That's up to him.” Cerberus replied, “Androids like that are usually lone wolves.”

The group went through the second door and passed through three more monster filled rooms before reaching the drainage pipe. They stepped through the door and onto the sled. It started up and floated down the channel picking up speed as it went. There was a loud roar that filled the pipe.

“Here he comes!” Cerberus said.

The young hunters gasped as a giant crustacean worm charged at their sled.

“It's so big.” Jesse gasped.

“Look out!” Cerberus cried.

Del Rol Le let loose a line of purple energy balls that streaked across the sled. One hit Nikki knocking her to the floor. Del Rol Le backed off then leaped at the sled, landing on the side. Cerberus fired. One of its tentacles twitched ready to strike. Horror washed over him as he turned and saw Jesse standing with his arms spread wide.

“Jesse!” Cerberus cried.

He bolted grabbing Jesse just as the tentacle came down.

“What are you doing?” He asked.

“Collecting the sample.” Jesse replied.

“What!” Cerberus exclaimed.

They had to move quickly to avoid the second strike.

“The doctor who hired us said it was the only way to preserve the toxin.” Jesse said, “He gave me an injection to keep it separated from my blood then he'd filter it out.”

“That's crazy.” Cerberus gasped, “There's an easier way. Watch.”

He pulled out his sabre and waited for the third strike. The tentacle missed Jesse again. Cerberus took the sabre and sliced the tentacle off. Del Rol Le cried and released the raft. It backed off then disappeared. Cerberus waited for it to come crawling across the ceiling knocking rocks on the sled but it never returned.

“This is too weird.” He said scratching his head, “Even the monsters are acting strange.”

The sled stopped at the entrance to the mines. The hunters stepped off the sled and took the transporter back to Pioneer Two. Jesse looked down at the tentacle piece. Nikki started for the guild doors but stopped when she realized her brother wasn’t following her. Cerberus watched him too.

“Jesse, what's wrong?” Nikki asked.

“This isn't what we were hired for.” Jesse said, “What if he doesn't pay us.”

“I'll come with you.” Cerberus said, “He would not dare cheat you in front of me.”

“Can we take that chance?” Jesse asked, “We need the money so very badly. Father is so very ill.”

“What is he talking about?” Cerberus asked.

“Our father was a mighty HUmar but he has some strange illness and we can't afford the specialist required to treat him.” Nikki explained.

“If he's a hunter than all medical services should be covered by the guild.” Cerberus said.

“They said they'd cover normal expenses.” Nikki said, “Specialists are extra and we've run out of money.”

Cerberus frowned staring down at the girl.

“How old are you?” He asked, “Truthfully.”

“Eighteen.” She said quietly, “Jesse is sixteen.”

“He shouldn't even be a hunter.” Cerberus frowned.

“We lied.” Jesse said.

“Something is very wrong here.” Cerberus said scratching his chin.

“Come.” Nikki said, “Let's go get our money.”

Jesse slowly followed her sister into the guild. He never took his eyes off the tentacle. Cerberus stopped in the doorway. He wanted to see if the kids could handle this without him. A man in a white lab coat stood beside the guild counter. Jesse held out the tentacle.

“What is this?” The Doctor asked.

“Your sample.” Nikki said.

“This is not what we agreed.” The Doctor said, “Get this out of my sight.”

“But this is the toxin sample you asked for!” Nikki protested.

“I gave you explicit instructions on how I wanted it collected.” The Doctor said, “You did not fulfill the terms of the quest.”

He took the tentacle from Jesse. He looked it over then started to leave.

“What about our money!” Nikki cried.

“You're lucky I don't charge you for that injection I gave your brother.” The Doctor sneered.

“We need that money!” Jesse cried.

“I only reward completed jobs.” The Doctor said, “Good day.”

Cerberus had seen enough. He blocked the guild door.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 18, 2016 at 09:22 PM.

The Doctor tried to squeeze by but Cerberus wouldn't allow it.

“Out of my way android.” The Doctor sneered.

“Not until you pay those hunters.” Cerberus said, “You have your sample. The terms of your quest were unreasonable. It's lucky I was there to stop him.”

“So you're responsible.” The Doctor growled, “That was crucial to my research and you ruined it.”

“Pay them now!” Cerberus demanded.

“My employer would not allow it.” The Doctor shook his head, “I must return to the planet. Out of my way.”

“You work on the planet!” Cerberus exclaimed, “Where?”

“No where!” The Doctor snapped, “Let me pass!”

“Where?” Cerberus demanded.

“Just forget it.” The Doctor said as he began to panic, “Please let me go before they come.”

“Who?” Cerberus asked.

“I've said too much all ready.” The Doctor shook.

“Who and where, now!” Cerberus demanded.

“No!” The Doctor said stepping back from the door.

“Now!” Cerberus said grabbing his throat.

“All right.” The Doctor choked, “Laz....”

There was a bright flash and the Doctors head jerked back. There was a smouldering hole in his forehead.

“Blast.” Cerberus cursed and gently set the Doctor down.

“Where you really going to hurt him?” Jesse asked.

“No.” Cerberus said shaking his head, “Just scared him.”

“Who did this?” Nikki asked.

“I don’t know.” Cerberus said looking over his shoulder.

He scanned the street but couldn't find anyone or anything.

“I've contacted security.” The guild girl said.

“Good.” Cerberus said.

“Now we'll never get our money.” Jesse moaned.

Cerberus checked the Doctor over but found nothing.

“He never was going to pay you.” Cerberus said.

“What are we going to do?” Nikki cried.

“How much was the quest?” Cerberus asked.

“Five thousand Meseta.” Jesse said.

Cerberus pulled a Meseta diamond from his pack and handed it to Jesse.

“What, we can't take this.” Nikki said whipping away her tears.

“You've earned it.” Cerberus said, “Besides, you need that more than me.”

“Thank you.” Jesse smiled.

“Yes, thank you.” Nikki said giving his chest a hug.

He smiled down at the young hunters.

“Just take care of that father of yours.” Cerberus said.

The two kids smiled and ran for home. Cerberus stuck around to talk to the authorities before heading home himself.

Falcon was closing in on Black Hound. He could sense the unusual energy left behind from the Soul Eater. It was just like a bad stench. He had come across other hunters down here but no one had seen the Black Hound. He was getting closer. He entered a large room with two doors at the far end. The smell was stronger here. Not long now. He checked the door on his left first. There was no smell in that tunnel. The door in front lead to a smaller cave. Black Hound was standing over a HUnewearl. She stared up at him with terror filled green eyes. Her hair was black as coal. She was dressed in a yellow hunter's uniform. Black Hound turned his head to see who had interrupted him.

“You again!” He cursed, “Why are you not dead?”

“It's going to take more than one of your little pets to take me down.” Falcon replied.

Black Hound grabbed the girl by the shoulder and hauled her to her feet then placed the blade of his scythe to her neck.

“I do not have time to deal with you.” Black Hound said, “Not one step or she dies.”

“Please help me.” The girl whimpered.

Black Hound began to back toward the far wall towing the girl with him. Falcon took a step to follow. With one fluid motion, Black Hound withdrew his scythe. The girl collapsed to the floor gasping for air. Blood poured from her throat. She died quickly.

“Now look what you made me do.” Black Hound said.

“That was a very dishonourable thing to do.” Falcon glared.

“What do you care?” Black Hound scoffed, “It was just a weak flesh. Hardly worthy of concern.”

“I may prefer being around androids but I'm not even that cold.” Falcon replied.

“Your constant interference is becoming quite tiresome.” Black Hound sighed.

“Give me back my sister and I'll leave you alone.” Falcon glared.

“No I don't think you will.” Black Hound replied, “Even if I do return your sister you'll just continue to hunt me until one of us is dead.”

“I think your right.” Falcon growled and leapt at him.

Black Hound blocked Falcons attack with his Soul Eater. He pushed him away then swung his Soul Eater. Falcon jumped back then charged again swinging one of his Yamato down. The Soul Eater blocked it. He quickly stabbed with the other blade but Black Hound side stepped it then drove his heal into Falcon's knee. They both heard metal snap as Falcons leg gave out. Black Hound laughed as he stood over Falcon. Falcon swung his right blade cutting a hole in Black Hounds shin. Black Hound jumped back then swung his Soul Eater down. Falcon rolled away avoiding the chop. He tried to stand but his knee wouldn't support him.

“How the mighty have fallen.” Black Hound laughed, “Now I will finish you for good.”

He chopped at Falcon again. Falcon blocked it by crossing his Yamato. Black Hound swung sideways but Falcon blocked that too.

“You can't do this forever.” Black Hound said.

“Your right.” Falcon said and tossed a trap at Black Hound.

It exploded in a purple cloud. Black Hound's senses went nuts. He stumbled around unable to tell where he was going. It was worse than being dizzy. Somehow he found a telepipe in his pack. He dropped it at his feet. A transporter beam whisked him away. Falcon tried to follow but his knee wouldn't allow it. The telepipe quickly disappeared.

“Coward.” Falcon spat.

He deactivated his swords and stowed the hilts. Then he crawled to a wall and pulled himself up. Now he could hop around. He pulled out his own telepipe. He didn't relish the thought of hopping into the hospital but he had little choice. Worse yet his telepipe would return him to the far end of the promenade. A long way to hop and way too many witnesses. He programmed the telepipe to return him to the lab section. There was a small medical booth that should be able to repair him. He activated the telepipe and vanished. He reappeared on the observation deck over looking Ragol. It was just a short hop up the ramp to the medical center. A young human boy stood in front of him. Falcon glared down at him. The boy pointed at Falcon's leg and pulled his lollipop out of his mouth.

“Your leg's broken mister.”

“I'm aware of that.” Falcon grumbled.

“How'd you do that?” The boy asked.

“In battle.” Falcon replied.

“Cool.” The boy said and stuck the lolli back in his mouth.

Falcon slowly hopped across the deck and up the ramp. The girl at the medical counter stared at him.

“I require repairs.” Falcon said.

“No kidding.” The girl replied, “Just one moment please.”

She punched something into her computer. A few minutes later a man in a white lab coat showed up. He took Falcon into a back room and scanned his knee.

“The joint has been completely destroyed." The man said, “We're going to have to transfer you to the robotics lab to have that changed.”

Falcon nodded but he was anything but pleased.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 18, 2016 at 09:35 PM.

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Deepfreeze was waiting at the front door as all the hunters exited the training center. Classes were over for the day and everyone was exhausted. Aphrodite and Amanda entered the front lobby and saw him. They ran over with big smiles on.

“Hi, I'm so glad to see you.” Aphrodite grinned.

“What brings you here?” Amanda smiled.

“I need to talk to you.” Deepfreeze said.

“I'll meet you at the grill house.” Aphrodite giggled and ran off.

Amanda nodded then turned to Deepfreeze.

“What's going on?”

“I'll try to keep it simple.” Deepfreeze said, “I need a fourth team member and I want you.”

“You do?” Amanda frowned, “What about Striker?”

“He never was a member.” Deepfreeze frowned, “I only let him come along because he begged me.”

“Is this going to take very long?” She asked.

“Why?” Deepfreeze asked.

“Cause you could join us for dinner.” She smiled with a shrug.

Deepfreeze thought for a moment then nodded.

“All right, I could use something to eat.”

“Great!” She giggled and dragged him by the hand.

The grill house was very busy but Aphrodite had managed to snag a table. Deepfreeze sat in the nearest chair and Amanda sat right beside him. Aphrodite grinned and Amanda winked at her.

“O.K. what's going on?” Deepfreeze sighed.

“Nothing.” Amanda quipped.

“Nothing at all.” Aphrodite shrugged.

“Right.” Deepfreeze said slowly eyeing them both.

The waiter came by and placed three glasses of ice tea on the table and walked away. Deepfreeze eyed the glass.

“How did he know to bring these?” He asked.

“I ordered ahead.” Aphrodite smiled.

“And how did you know to order three glasses?”

“Women's intuition.” Aphrodite shrugged.

“Uh hu.” Deepfreeze muttered taking his glass.

“So, what's this job you've got?” Amanda asked.

The waiter stopped and set a bread basket down before moving on.

“A secret cave has been discovered on Gal Da Val Island.” Deepfreeze began, “The government thinks this cave system has been constructed fairly Recently. They sent people down to investigate but none of the governments scouting parties have returned. They've documented suspicious movement in that area so Principal Tyrell wants my team to investigate.”

Deepfreeze had to be careful with what he said now. He wasn't ready to reveal the existence of the research facility. There was no telling what would happen if word got out. Besides he wasn't ready to fully trust these girls yet. They were plotting something. He could just feel it.

“And you want me?” Amanda half frowned, “Why?”

“My team is lacking close range and support.” Deepfreeze said, “Ideally, I'd like to have a force and a hunter but there's not room for two. A HUnewearl has the close range combat training and the higher mental strength of a newman. It's the best balance I can hope for.”

“And what if I say no?” Amanda smirked.

“Then I'll have to find another.” Deepfreeze said.

“Not an easy chore considering the rumours that are floating around.” Amanda tapped the table.

“What rumours?” Deepfreeze asked.

“Do you really believe Rico's alive?” Aphrodite blurted.

“I was wondering how long it was going to be before you heard those.” Deepfreeze sighed, “It seems like Ash and I were the only ones that saw Rico get thrown clear when Dark Faltz died. Now I don't know if she survived her landing but I do know she didn't die when Dark Faltz died.”

“I thought that thing turned her into it.” Aphrodite said stroking her cheek.

“I'm afraid I don't have all the answers but I do know what I saw.” Deepfreeze replied then thought to himself, “And what I heard in the seabed facility.”

“Well I don't care about that.” Amanda shrugged, “I do care about finding our friend.”

“That's my goal.” Deepfreeze nodded, “Find her and the other hunters.”

“All right, I'm in.” Amanda nodded once.

“What do I do?” Aphrodite asked.

“Complete all your training and perfect your techniques.” Deepfreeze said, “You will be needed later.”

“What's that supposed to mean?” Amanda frowned.

“I can't tell you now.” Deepfreeze said.

“Hey if this is going to affect us then I want to know.” Amanda pointed at him.

“It doesn't.” Deepfreeze said.

The waiter returned and took their orders then headed back to the kitchen.

“So, what do you like?” Aphrodite asked with a big grin.

Her head was resting on her hand supported by her elbow on the table. She stared at him waiting for an answer.

“Oh, uh, I don't know.” Deepfreeze sputtered, "Why?"

Amanda stared at him with a bright smile. They had caught him off guard and now he was trapped. His uniform was suddenly very uncomfortable. They were trying to get him on a personal level and now they had him squirming. He didn't like it one bit. The smile drained from Amanda's face.

“So, who do you think is really responsible for all this weirdness?” She asked.

Deepfreeze sighed mentally then thought, “Thank you Amanda.”

“Some one we haven't met yet that's for sure.” He said, “I did gather another piece of the puzzle last night.”

“Do tell.” Aphrodite grinned.

“I met this young ranger android at the training range.” He began.

The waiter showed up with their dinner. Aphrodite eyed her grilled chicken and pasta with a little too much excitement. Amanda had a small steak with shrimp cream sauce and a noodle side dish. Deepfreeze had the simple but tasty peppercorn steak and baked potato. He took a bite from the steak then continued.

“She had just signed up at the guild.” He said pausing to take a drink, “Turns out her creator had been murdered after he sent her to the guild. She said he had spent the last year or so working on some secret project on the planet. He never told her a thing. Then he returns from the planet all worried about her safety and sends her away.”

“You think it's connected to our missing hunters?” Amanda asked.

“I'd bet on it.” Deepfreeze nodded.

“We had better keep a close watch on her then.” Amanda said taking another bite of her steak.

“I could do that.” Aphrodite said waving her fork in the air.

“Good.” Deepfreeze nodded, “She was an Oran named Lisa. White body with purple accents, black boots, red eyes, and pink hair in a pony tail.”

“If androids have hair.” Amanda smiled.

“Well, it was designed to look like hair.” Deepfreeze shrugged.

“I'll find her.” Aphrodite grinned.

“Don't let her know your following her.” Deepfreeze said, “I don't want everyone finding out what we're up too just yet.”

“No problem.” Aphrodite nodded.

Just then Deepfreeze's BEE receiver beeped. He tapped the button on his left arm and read the message.

“It's from Elenor Camuel; she wants to see me right away.” He said then looked down at his half eaten dinner.

"Girl friend?" Aphrodite smirked.

"Hardly." He sighed then placed a meseta diamond with the correct amount on the table.

“If you will excuse me ladies.” He said, “It's been a pleasure dining with you.”

They watched him leave then began to giggle.

“I think we're getting through.” Amanda said.

“Are you kidding?” Aphrodite giggled, “He is so in to you.”

“Not yet.” Amanda shook her head, “But he respects me, respects us. It's a start.”

“So what do we do next?” Aphrodite frowned.

“We have to tread carefully.” Amanda replied, “If he thinks we're plotting against him then we'll never get him to trust girls.”

“I wonder what happened.” Aphrodite pondered.

Amanda shrugged, “Cerberus wouldn't give me any details.”

“Well if anyone can get him to come around it's you.” Aphrodite said, “You're the pretty one.”

“Don't you sell your self short.” Amanda replied, “You're cute, sweet, and fun. No guy could resist that.”

“Thank you.” Aphrodite grinned, “I still don't think he'd take to me so well.”

“Maybe not but we just have to keep trying until he opens to one of us.” Amanda sighed and took a sip from her glass.

“He is cute though.” Aphrodite giggled.

“Ya.” Amanda said wistfully.

“Oh my gosh.” Aphrodite laughed, “You like him.”

“Huh?” Amanda said snapping to attention.

“I don't blame you.” Aphrodite nodded and took a bite of pasta, “He's very charming. In a, I'm the boss and only keep to myself, kinda way.”

“You're not helping.” Amanda sighed.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 18, 2016 at 09:48 PM.

“Hey, it could be worse.” Aphrodite shrugged, “You could be into Striker.”

They looked at each other then laughed.

“You can shoot me if that ever happens!” Amanda laughed.

“I'll be honest though.” Aphrodite said, “I kinda think Hitman is cute. His scruffy goatee makes him look rough. The problem is I think he likes you.”

“You should ask him out then.” Amanda said, “You never know.”

“Oh I can't.” Aphrodite shook her head, “What if he says no. You ask him.”

“O.K. You think he's more than kinda cute.” Amanda said crossing her arms.

“That's my story and I'm sticking with it.” Aphrodite replied.

Cerberus was waiting in the main lobby of the laboratory. Elly was talking to him about something when Deepfreeze arrived. He had contacted Cerberus shortly after leaving the restaurant and told him to meet at the lab.

“Hi Deepfreeze!” Elly waved.

“Hi Elly.” Deepfreeze waved back, “What's new.”

“I was just updating Cerberus on that new cave on Gal Da Val Island.” Elly grinned.

Deepfreeze glanced at Cerberus who nodded.

“The lab's been watching it too.” Cerberus said.

“The amount of activity has lit the area up like a flare.” Elly said, “And get this, Cal thinks the cave is older than everyone thinks.”

“How old does he think it is?” Deepfreeze asked.

Elly tapped on the keyboard then looked up.

“He says at least as old as the research facility there.” She said.

“That would confirm our hunches about the other facility.” Cerberus said softly.

Deepfreeze nodded.

“What other facility?” Elly asked.

“We can't tell you.” Deepfreeze said, “Not yet.”

Elly just frowned.

“Shall we go?” Deepfreeze asked.

“After you.” Cerberus nodded.

They entered the laboratory area and headed for the robotics lab. Carlos Jean Montague spent most of his time there working on androids and studying the unusual photon levels of Ragol. He was an eccentric FOnewm with a love of the unusual. He was fine in small doses but neither Deepfreeze nor Cerberus liked spending long periods of time with the man. Elenor was waiting out side.

“Come on in.” She said, “You'll never believe what the Doctor found.”

They followed her in. Montague looked up from his table. A smile grew across his face.

“Welcome my friends.” He greeted with arms stretched wide, “My results are most exciting, ha ha!”

“What did you find?” Deepfreeze asked.

“Come, come, look for yourself.” Montague waved.

Deepfreeze and Cerberus stepped up to the table and looked at the arm they had brought in.

“Where did you find this?” Montague asked.

“The owner attacked us in the ruins.” Deepfreeze replied.

“You found it alive?” Montague exclaimed, “Excellent, ha, ha!”

“What is it?” Cerberus asked.

“Lot’s of things.” Montague said, “I found newman DNA, android components, photon residue consistent with IT, and the mutagenic toxin from experiment BETA 772!”

“What?” Deepfreeze gasped, “What are you saying.”

“It looks like some one tried to merge a newman with android components using the toxin to destabilize the subject's structure then use D cells to bind everything together.” Montague explained, “But it didn't work. This specimen’s molecular bond is in constant state of flux, Ha, ha, ha!”

“What you're saying?” Deepfreeze began.

“Is the thing is still mutating?” Cerberus finished.

“Exactly!” Montague replied with a snap of his fingers.

“That would explain what we saw in the ruins.” Cerberus said.

“Yes but who would do something like this?” Deepfreeze sighed shaking his head.

“Oh it gets better.” Montague grinned.

“I hope your kidding.” Deepfreeze replied.

“I did a DNA trace. Turns out the owner was a FOnewm that went missing back with the other hunters that Black Paper ambushed.” Montague said, “Looks like we know where they went, ha, ha!”

“No, we just know what happened to them.” Deepfreeze said.

“Oh we know where too.” Montague said, “That cave on Gal Da Val Island, The question is, where does the cave go, ha, ha!”

“I intend to find out.” Deepfreeze said.

“You're going there then?” Montague frowned.

“Tyrell is sending my team in.” Deepfreeze replied.

“I don't suppose you could take Elenor with you?” Montague asked.

“Afraid not.” Deepfreeze shook his head, “My teams full.”

“Ha, ha, of coarse it is.” Montague exclaimed, “Would you at least take this recorder with you?”

“Sure.” Deepfreeze shrugged.

“Just attach it to your Mag.” Montague instructed, “It will record all your findings while you're on the planet then return it to me.”

“No problem.” Deepfreeze said.

“Let's see, you have Sato so...” Montague said and pulled a collar from his drawer, “A nice collar for the nice kitty.”

He handed it to Deepfreeze who clipped it around Sato's neck. Sato frowned and rolled a couple of times.

“It's OK pal. You won't have to wear it for very long.” Deepfreeze said, “She's never had to wear anything before.”

“No Mag has!” Montague exclaimed, “It's a first. I've designed one for every type of Mag too.”

“It will make data collection much easier.” Elenor said.

“Thanks Doc.” Deepfreeze said and turned for the door.

“I wonder what secrets they'll uncover.” Montague said.

“I just wish I could have worked with them again.” Elenor sighed.

“You may yet.” Montague said, “Who knows what the future may bring.”
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 18, 2016 at 09:57 PM.

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Lisa awoke from her recharge cycle to an empty apartment. It was first night she had spent here. She didn’t normally use this much energy but her day of training had used up most of her power. She had eaten a few monomates but that wasn't enough to restore her power. That was the disadvantage of being so small. She didn't have a large power reserve because she had never been designed to see actual combat. Dr. Wong's notes hadn't given her much information but she did have a name. Hopefully this Dr. Lazarus could give her some information, if she could find him. She got up and grabbed Pushan on her way out. The big butterfly seemed to be still asleep. She had to carry him halfway to the lab before he woke up. The lab was busy today. She spotted a young FOnewearl behind one of the desks. She cautiously stepped up to the desk hoping no one else would notice her.

“Hello, my name is Elly.” She smiled, “What can I do for you?”

“I'd like to talk to a doctor.” Lisa said softly.

“Anybody in particular?” Elly asked.

“A Doctor Lazarus.” Lisa said.

“Hum.” Elly thought for a moment, “I don't recognize that name but then I haven't been working here for very long.”

She checked the computer then nodded.

“Found him.” Elly smiled.

“Where?” Lisa blurted.

“Say's he used to work here but left almost a year ago.” Elly read.

“Around the same time father left.” Lisa mumbled.

“Looks like Doctor Mome has worked with him before.” Elly said, “Maybe he can help you. You'll find him in lab one.”

“Thanks Elly!” Lisa waved and hurried off.

Elly sighed, “I'm supposed to be an operator, when did I become a secretary?”

Laboratory one was actually the last one she came too. There were three scientists dressed in white lab coats working at a desk in the center of the room.

“Excuse me.” Lisa said shyly.

The scientists turned and stared at her for a moment. A smile crossed the face of one.

“Hey, isn't that Doctor Wong's android?” He said.

“Why yes, I recognize her from Wong's pictures.” Another said.

“You knew my father?” Lisa asked excitedly.

“Oh yes, I'm Doctor Mome.” The man said, “We worked with Wong quite often. He was quite a genius.”

“Did you know a Doctor Lazarus?” Lisa asked.

“Yes, why?” Mome frowned.

“His name appeared in some of my fathers notes.” Lisa shrugged, “It appeared that Dr. Lazarus was in charge of what ever they were working on.”

“Hum, this is most disturbing.” Mome said rubbing his chin.

“Why?” Lisa asked wide eyed.

“Dr. Lazarus was a most unstable individual.” Mome replied, “Obsessive would describe him best. His interest turned to BETA 772 almost as soon as we discovered its mutant venom. He gathered all of Dr. Osto's research notes right after I returned from the mines with them and abandoned all his other projects. The mutational properties consumed him. When the lab restricted his time and forced him to work on their projects, he left.”

“Then what happened?” Lisa asked.

“He disappeared for a month before returning to the lab.” Mome explained, “He didn't stay long but he did convince a few scientists to go with him.”

“Including my father.” Lisa sighed.

“We tried to convince him to stay but he said it was the perfect opportunity to study Ragol.” Mome shrugged, “I never saw him again.”

“What kind of scientists did he take?” Lisa asked.

“Ah, that's most interesting.” Mome said, “He specialized in genetics, your father in robotics, Dr. Wesker who generalized in biology, and Dr. Brighton who was head of newman development. He grabbed a few lab hands as well.”

“Specialists in all three species of Coralians.” Lisa said, “That is strange.”

“The real question is where did they go?” Mome said, “Osto Labs is over run by rogue robots and the seabed facility on Gal Da Val Island is flooded.”

“I intend to find out.” Lisa said.

“Good luck.” Mome said and turned back to his work.

Lisa turned to the door. She noticed a FOnewearl with green hair and green face paint dressed in a black and red forces outfit was watching her. She turned back to her work station when Lisa looked at her. Lisa shrugged and headed out the door.

Aphrodite was thankful for her newman ears. She had heard the entire conversation which had left her even more puzzled. None of this made any sense. What were these scientists doing and why did someone kill Lisa's father. How many of the others were still alive. She quietly slunk out the door and followed Lisa out of the lab. Lisa was headed to the administration office. It was the best place to find out where the other scientists lived. Lisa entered the warp and was transported to the top deck at the rear of the ship. Aphrodite followed close behind. Lisa entered the office and stepped up to the desk. A human male in his thirties was manning the computer. He looked down at her. Aphrodite stayed outside but kept Lisa in view.

“May I help you?” The man asked.

“I'm looking for the where abouts of a Doctor Wesker and Doctor Brighton.” Lisa replied.

“What is your business with them?” The man asked.

“They were coworkers of my father.” Lisa said, “I need to ask them a few questions.”

“You should try the labs first.” The man said.

“I just came from there.” Lisa replied.

“I see.” The man frowned, “You know we don't usually give personal information to anyone.”

“I know but their lives could be in danger.” Lisa said.

“Well, since you're a hunter and have a duty to security and your section ID gives you authorization I must allow it.” The man said, “Doctor Wesker is in the science wing apartment 16328. Doctor Brighton is in apartment 10372.”

“Thank you!” Lisa waved and ran out the door.

She wasn't watching and ran into Aphrodite who had also been looking away. Aphrodite fell backwards landing face up. She gasped as the air was knocked from her lungs.

“I'm so sorry.” Lisa apologized.

“I'm OK.” Aphrodite gasped.

“Hey, I saw you at the lab!” Lisa exclaimed, “Why are you following me?”

“Deepfreeze sent me to watch you.” Aphrodite said, “I wasn't supposed to let you know. Guess I blew that.”

“You know ranger Deepfreeze?” Lisa said excitedly.

“He's a good friend of mine.” Aphrodite grinned.

“Really?” Lisa brightened.

“Ya, I'm Aphrodite.” She nodded.

“Then maybe you can help me?” Lisa asked hopefully.

“OK, who shall we start with first?” Aphrodite smiled.

Lisa frowned then sighed, “Doctor Wesker I guess.”

“Then what are we waiting for!” Aphrodite called as she took off.

“Wait!” Lisa called as she ran after Aphrodite.

Aphrodite tapped in the residential area then stepped into the warp. Lisa followed. The science wing was located at the far end. The two girls decided to walk rather than run.

“You know, there's no guarantee he'll be here.” Lisa said.

“I know it's during working hours but...” Aphrodite began.

“It's not that.” Lisa said shaking her head, “When these guys go to work, they're gone for months.”

“So what's the point in trying?” Aphrodite asked.

“The same time every time my father returned home.” Lisa said, “I'm hoping the others came home at the same time.”

“Like a company vacation?” Aphrodite asked.

“Right.” Lisa nodded, “They only get a few days off but they should still be home.”

“So, how did you meet Deepfreeze?” Aphrodite asked.

“At the range.” Lisa replied, “He helped me learn to shoot. You?”

“I saved him and his team down in the mines.” Aphrodite smiled, “When he discovered that my friend and I were following them it was too late to send us back.”

“Is that true?” Lisa frowned.

“Most of it.” Aphrodite nodded.

They reached the science wing and boarded the elevator. When it stopped they stepped out into a dimly lit hallway. They looked around but saw no one.

“I've got a bad feeling about this.” Aphrodite muttered.

“Wesker's apartment should be down here.” Lisa said.

They found the apartment door ajar. Aphrodite slowly opened the door to a trashed apartment. She cautiously stepped inside. Lisa followed slowly.

“We're too late.” She said softly.

Aphrodite stepped through the living area and into the back hall. The first door on her right lead to the bathroom. She peered inside and screamed. Lisa ran to her side and looked in.

“Oh no.” She sighed.

Dr. Wesker was lying face down in a pool of blood. Lisa gently rolled him over. He had several stab wounds in his chest. He was still breathing.

“He's alive.” Lisa said.

Aphrodite quickly cast Resta but it had no effect.

“He's too far gone.” Aphrodite shook her head, "Too much blood lose by the look of things."

She began punching in a message for medical assistance on her BEE interface. Wesker coughed up some blood then opened his eyes.

“Who are you?” He horsed.

“I'm Lisa Wong, Doctor Wong's android.” She replied.

“Wong.” Wesker choked, “Is he all right?”

“He's dead.” Aphrodite said softly.

“No!” Wesker horsed, “He must be stopped. He's gone too far.”

“Who, Lazarus?” Lisa asked.

Wesker nodded.

“Who did this?” Aphrodite asked.

“Don't know.” Wesker coughed.

“We're losing him.” Aphrodite said softly.

“Dressed in black.” Wesker coughed, “So silent. Tried to stop him. He must be responsible. We were going to report him. Wong wanted to get to you first.”

“Looks like he's killing anyone who objects to his work.” Aphrodite said looking up at Lisa.

“Brighton!” Lisa snapped, “Did he oppose Lazarus too?”

Wesker nodded.

“Is he home?” Lisa asked.

Wesker nodded again, “Hurry young android, you must get to him before they do.”

“Lisa go.” Aphrodite said, “I'll catch up.”

“But!” Lisa objected.

“Now, before it's too late!” Aphrodite snapped.

Lisa hesitated then took off through the door. Aphrodite wasn't getting a reply on her BEE so she ran over to the intercom system and dialled the hospital.

The hallway was dark here too. Lisa found Brighton's apartment door wide open. She feared the worst. She burst in with handgun drawn. Three men dressed in black where standing in front of Brighton. Brighton was on his knees with a sword at his neck. He looked terrified. One of the men turned and stared at her. All she could see was his piercing eyes. Black Papers crest was sewn on his right breast.

“Hold it!” Lisa horsed.

She wanted to sound confident and commanding. Instead she quivered and even took a step back when the man approached.

“This is not a game little girl.” The man said.

“I am not a little girl.” She replied trailing off.

“No?” The man glared, “Then why do you shake? Androids don't shake.”

“No closer!” Lisa said holding out her gun, “I will shoot.”

“No.” The man said, “You won't.”

“Don't test me.” Lisa said trying to sound strong.

“You can't shoot.” The man said, “You've never shot anything before. That is painfully obvious by the way you shake.”

“Let him go!” Lisa demanded.

“I don't think so child.” The man said dryly, “We have business with him. It doesn't concern you.”

“Wrong!” Lisa tried to snap, “He worked with my father. I have questions for him.”

“Questions that will go unanswered.” The man said.
    Last edited by Freeze; Feb 21, 2016 at 06:59 PM.