Clicky

I thought this part was really cool:

There are the games that birthed franchises that live on today -- Sonic the Hedgehog, Shinobi, Phantasy Star, and Golden Axe (which will see a sequel on PS3 and 360) -- but also the greats that have for one reason or another long been forgotten -- Vectorman, Sword of Vermillion, Comix Zone, or Alex Kidd.
    I like the sound of playing Phantasy Star II, III, and IV on my PSP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2006-08-11 20:11 ]</font>

oh you already posted this news! whoops!

Haven't people been doing that for a long time now? I mean... after Sony decided not to release any games for it, people just kinda went out and hacked their systems to play emulated games. Where's the difference?

Sega's never going to regain their former glory if they continue to keep whoring that glory out for spare change whenever the books don't match up at the end of the month.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

former glory? Sega can't afford to challenge the system wars again. That reputation was lost when Saturn and especially Dreamcast called it quits. They are best as a 3rd party developer and the different systems benefit from it. If Sega still was in the console wars, we wouldn't see PSU on any system except their own.

besides if they own those games why not make money off of them in a collection? consumers benefit too since there are people who never played masterpieces like PSIV, etc. etc.

ya people hack and emulate but they are an insignificant % compared to the consumer market as a whole.

so with these collections Sega gets more money on the side to help stay afloat while retro fans get to play those games fair and square.

the same with Capcom I'm happy they released collections, that allowed me to play games I didnt have a chance at playing, and stuff like that. besides some of them were arcade exclusive and playign them on a PS2 is more convenient than owning a cabinet of it.

On 2006-08-12 00:54, Sinue_v2 wrote:
    Haven't people been doing that for a long time now? I mean... after Sony decided not to release any games for it, people just kinda went out and hacked their systems to play emulated games. Where's the difference?

Sega's never going to regain their former glory if they continue to keep whoring that glory out for spare change whenever the books don't match up at the end of the month.
    Mm..i don't want to emulate or homebrew-ize my PSP

Since there's already a topic...