Thread: sega team

how come sega team made it to where you can hack? if you can have a hacked weapon, or a mag thats hacked but not over 200 and that affects your drop rate...if they have the power to know when something is hacked then why dont they just make it to where if you have anything hacked then it affects your drop rate?

Why do computers companies allow their systems to be hacked? The answer is they don't. Hackers will most of the time figure a way through the system. I know many software companies hire professional hackers to test out their security systems. It's not like Sega Team INVITED people to hack their games. It happens. Same thing happened to Counter-Strike and WoW.

teh ninja'd

On 2006-08-11 22:33, whocares111 wrote:
    Why do computers companies allow their systems to be hacked? The answer is they don't. Hackers will most of the time figure a way through the system. I know many software companies hire professional hackers to test out their security systems. It's not like Sega Team INVITED people to hack their games. It happens. Same thing happened to Counter-Strike and WoW.
    SEGA did allow their game to be hacked, if they cared they could of fixed it, talking about GC and DC versions btw. BB isn't done and over with ... yet ...

On 2006-08-12 04:33, Corey wrote:

BB isn't done and over with ... yet ...
    Agreed. Let's keep it that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2006-08-12 17:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2006-08-12 17:27 ]</font>

so why dident sega team stop them?

I seriously think that they just don't care, or it can be to improve their systems? Idk..
    Beaches and shores.

From a business point of view, it is cheaper for them to have the server up and not have it maintained for security vulnerabilities.

On 2006-08-13 04:22, Konstanse_Xx wrote:
    I seriously think that they just don't care, or it can be to improve their systems? Idk..
    Bingo. Sonic team just doesn't care about GC anymore. Even back when there was a sizeable GC online community, they didn't really care.