Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i cant connect 2 the internet cuzz it keeps saying it cant find an ip!!

who is your isp?
    and do u know if they use dhcp, static ip, or pppoe?
    also are you using a router or just plugging the cable straight from the cable modem to the gamecube?
    ive heard some isps limit the online service to the actual mac address ( which is your network card) if thats the case then u need to get a router and clone the mac address to the router.

Try disconnecting power to cable modem for 5 minutes when you switch the cord from PC to GC, or for GC to PC. Don't forget it needs to be done with every time you switch.

i have road runner and i plug the cord from the modem into the game i dont even no wut dns is..

Flying Horse

up until yesterday, I had no problems logging onto PSO using the bba, I had it set up on DCHP (everything on auto), but now I keep getting an annoying message saying, unable to assign IP address from DCHP server, I've tried everything and can't fix the problem.

thats wut mines is doing it says it cant find ip adress (extremely anoyying)

Did you try the power thing? I got the same message and fixed it by powering off cable modem... lahhh

I did, and that didn't change a dang thing x.X

Flying Horse

Yeah, I've tried the power thing. I tried leaving the cable modem off over-night and then trying pso in the morning, but it still doesn't work. I've tried re-setting up the DCHP putting in the correct DNS settings etc, but it doesn't help. I even tried putting in the IP address manually, what happens then it'll log on but as soon as you see the lobby screen it disconnects before the hunter licence/welcome message. I was using bba with no problems what-so-ever until a few days ago, I didn't change anything, it just stopped working by itself.

On 2002-11-01 03:12, PEGASUS wrote:
    Yeah, I've tried the power thing. I tried leaving the cable modem off over-night and then trying pso in the morning, but it still doesn't work. I've tried re-setting up the DCHP putting in the correct DNS settings etc, but it doesn't help. I even tried putting in the IP address manually, what happens then it'll log on but as soon as you see the lobby screen it disconnects before the hunter licence/welcome message. I was using bba with no problems what-so-ever until a few days ago, I didn't change anything, it just stopped working by itself.
    ditto, ive tried everything, i even put in the exact DNS numbers and i still cant get anywhere. the modem connects find there are no problems (it does take a long time on the "sending username and password" screen though)then it says something about finding a DNS server and after about half a min of that it givs me a screen where i can see the lobby but it says its unable to connect and wants me to correct my provider settings. is it possible that my internet provider is incompatable with PSO episodes 1 & 2? it worked flawlessly with the dreamcast PSOs
    PLEASE send me some info!