Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    No...I didn't spell it wrong.

Just wanted to ask those lucky Gamecube users how the game was. Is it worth getting? How are the lobbies/online play in general? Mind my asking but do they have a MALE braided hair selection? Wow so many questions at once.

You guys are so lucky...us XBOX users have to wait a month. Speaking of XBOX, one of my friends said that broadband would be $20 for each month after the $50 for the first year. I ain't gonna pay that much, and I don't think anyone in the right mind would as well. In addition to the $9 or so dollars that we're already paying for online service...argh...too much prices to handle!

That is all for now.

Been here longer than all ya

Xbox users will not have to pay the 9 bucks per month. sega will not be running the servers for pso since it will be on the LIVE servers. thats why it hasnt been released yet--the game is totally complete and out of sega's hands, m$oft jus doesnt wanna rls it until the live service starts. because of this, you will only have to pay the 50 dollars for first year of service. and dont worry, you arent alone...i been havin pso withdrawal symptom for quite a while now...cant wait to power up my xbox again, havent played it for a few months

gino will return to puck 9 once again

No...I didn't spell it wrong.

So how much do you have to pay AFTER the first year. If it was 50 dollars every year...i'd have no problem paying for that. In fact...my cap is $75 dollars. What is that? 6 per month? Something like that.

Skilled Fighter

It's $50 for the first year...and Microsoft hasn't announced an official monthly fee for after that. It's most likely going to be between $7 and $10/month, though.

If MS really absorbs the online fee for PSO I will have a little bit of respect for them. I had heard a rumor that this is what they were planning, and it's pretty much the reason I am waiting for the xBox version of PSO.

Straight jackets are all the rage this season. RavenTW's Avatar

On 2002-10-31 16:29, Myst wrote:
    Mind my asking but do they have a MALE braided hair selection?
    That depends on which male. I know the FOmar has one.
    Nope, no pictures here. Move along.

Yeah, as was said, it may be around $10/mo (US) after the first 12 months. Shouldn't be anywhere near $20/mo. They haven't made the price official yet.

And it isn't 100% sure that there won't be fees for PSO in the US. But seeing as it's on XBL servers, I don't see why there should be any extra fees.

PSO is what will get me to purchase Xbox Live.

I'm eagerly (impatiently) waiting for MS to announce a release date. Hopefully it's all ready November 15 when XBL launches. (Though my Xbox isn't gathering dust. Shenmue II for cryin' out loud! I held out and didn't import the Dreamcast version.)

It's not so much MSoft who's holding it back, as it is Nintendo... They want the Game, Gamecube exclusive for as long as possible.

First of all, the only male with a braided hair selection would have to be the FOmar. It looks sorta like a monk though, but if that's what you're going for, by all means, choose it.

As for the lobbies and the new Pioneer 2. The lobbies are incredible, featuring these cool little Photon chairs that you can zoom around in (its even more fun to play Go-Go Ball with 'em!). I was a little disappointed with the new Pioneer 2, though. It's not really that big now, they just added walls and sliding doors and new shopkeepers. But this may just because I'm still used to the original ship...

but overall, yes, I do think that the GameCube version is worth getting. The main reason for this belief is because SEGA is in control of the GC PSO servers, which means they'll actually know what they're talking about. It may take a while for the technicians of Microsoft to actually understand what you mean by BSOD and Rappies and such.

Full-Support FOmarl since Dreamcast PSO ver. 1
    Crown Princess by birth--Empress Regnant by destiny.

I love it. I'v haven't gotten online yet and I have to say even if you couldn't get online the game is still worth every penny.