Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hmm looks better than having those two sawed offed metal things Casts seem to have if they are not wearing a helmet/armor type of headpiece.

any beta testers can confirm all of the tranceiver options? I know their design are related to the earpieces they have on the sides. but is there a character creation option without the things on the forehead?

I call them horns/transceivers but I don't know what a transceiver is but that's besides the point since that word can be used as a technical substitute to describe them.

and what about colors? can you sort of blend their color with your hair color? I heard they can only be black

but maybe now's a good time to know the 'full story' of what we have to work with for this particular race's head options.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-08-21 09:38 ]</font>

Actually, the phones look like nothing. They're invisible. take index finger, put it at mouth, take thumb, put it at ear, that's your voice communication (at least for ethan)

On 2006-08-21 09:28, Jonathan_F wrote:
    Actually, the phones look like nothing. They're invisible. take index finger, put it at mouth, take thumb, put it at ear, that's your voice communication (at least for ethan)
    phones???? no not cellphones! what are you talking about lol. I'm talking about the visible 'horns' on Casts foreheads.

Lou doesn't have any so I suspect either created Casts have an option to have no helmet and no horns.

or maybe wearing an accesory (like a hat) makes those horns disappear?

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Transceiver is a unit with a transmitter and receiver, hence the combination of the two words to make one. A walkie-talkie for example, is a transceiver since it transmits an RF signal at a specific frequency when you hold the button to talk into it, and any incoming signals at the appropriate frequency is spit out through your speakers as audio.

I stated "I call them transceivers but I don't know what a transceiver is but that's besides the point since that word can be used as a technical substitute to describe them."

so I made it clear to not take tranceivers in this topic so literally.

so then what do you call those 'horns' besides horns?

lolDiads

And I simply told you what they are, so now you know.

well since you are experienced with the actual game,

can you confirm all of the head options? I know their design are related to the earpieces they have on the sides. but is there a character creation option without the things on the forehead?

and what about colors? can you sort of blend their color with your hair color? I heard they can only be black

but maybe now's a good time to know the 'full story' of what we have to work with for this particular race's head options.

or have you never bothered with studying everything about the Cast creation tools? I know you prefer creating a Human.

lolDiads

I didn't see the option for lack of them from memory, with male casts anyways. I didn't really touch female character creation... though if you look closely, it looks like Lou does have those things on the side of her head. The front locks of hair kind of cover most of it up.

oh the ear pieces don't bother me. They look good on Casts than hu/numan or beast ears.

it's just the forehead things, and Lou doesn't seem to have any so I thought maybe our cyborgs can too if we didn't want them.

There are no options that allow you to not have horns/"trancievers", and you can't change their color. Head accesories(including hats) don't remove them, and the horns even stick out through the hat if you're wearing one that covers them.