Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

On 2002-11-04 21:38, serialtoon wrote:
    Why would you want to even have a keyboard when everyone else doesnt? I mean your here typing 10,000 words a minute when the other guy is barley responding with "Im doing gr8". Until a keyboard gets manufactured here in the states and is widely available to anyone, you people will just have to wait and quit bitchin.
    I have the import and almost everyone has a keyboard. 7_7

UPDATE:

I sent them an email before I ordered asking whether it was in stock (mid-day Mon). I just got an email back saying it was no longer in stock. However, I ordered it when it was supposedly in stock, so I shot them back an email asking if it was in stock when I ordered. I haven't heard back yet, but my fingers are crossed. If it is backordered, I guess I'll wait a few weeks, but any longer than that, and I'm cancelling my order...

BTW, if I do get this thing soon, I'm searching out and playing with those of you who have keyboards too.

Internal War

[/quote]

I have the import and almost everyone has a keyboard. 7_7

[/quote]
    Almost everyone? Everytime i join a game theres no talking what-so-ever. all they do is fight and do the symbol chat. nothing else! where are these exclusive KB players? almost everyone is not good enough. On the DC version, if you didnt have a KB you were considered an idiot! Now no one has em and isnt gonna get em. XB version is gonna use a communicator. That gives MS another point as to why their system and online plans etc etc is far more superior than any other system out there. Im not bashing GC or PS2. All im saying is that MS thought their things thru as to where Sega,Nintendo and Sony are all trying to do things half-assed to rack in the dough. Funny when you think about it cause M$ is always being considered the BIG TIME MONEY MAKERS! Well heres a reason why.

Technical Wizardry

I have a question about the import ASCII keyboard, for those who know and/or those who have one.

It is possible to use the keyboard and a separate controller at the same time? That is... could I go old-school Dreamcast style and play with a normal controller and just use the keyboard part of the other to type on? Or do you have to use the controller that is part of the keyboard/controller combo?

As much as I dislike the fact that the keyboard on the ASCII controller is smaller than normal, I loathe even more the idea of having to hold the entire thing in my hands at all times.

Someone please save us and develop a 3rd party PC keyboard adapter!!!!

Internal War

Heres another thing. What if you would get one of those adapters like PSX to XBOX. Where you connect your PS controller into the XBOX so you can use it instead of the XB controller. Now what if you get one and you get an OLD school PSX keyboard? Will that work? Maybe. Try to look for a Gamecube to Dreamcast adapter and try using your old DC keyboard, it might just work!

People just won't be happy until .hack is a reality, I guess.

I'd seriously be cool with a GC<->DC adaptor. I really hate sounding like I'm in need of a hooked-on-phonics program.

Believe me I've tried. Apparently it doesn't work.

The man with 1337 in his serial number.

Im having the time of my life without a keyboard.
    Learn to zoom through the commands, set usefull shortcuts, it all gets a lot easier, plus typing on the ingame keyboard, while not as quick, isn't hard. I'm doing fine, and I'm having fun

Well I still have mine on order at http://www.toysnjoys.com

I also got a response from Lan Kwai today. They have them in stock. They want payment via PayPal, but apparently have them in stock. That's all good, but they took three days to reply and I'm a little nervous about ordering from a company in another country that doesn't even have SSL. So I'm probably going to order from toysnjoys.com

I am having fun without one. You just have to really refine what your shortcuts say. And the chat menus get easier to use when you learn them better.

I may switch to xBox for voice chat if the US release is anytime soon. I still think it would be weird to hear my male voice come out of a HUnewearl.

The Best

Hi whats up
    Im the best so watch out for me