Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Records?

Are there world record times of PSO Challenge? (Gamecube)

I've searched for them, but can't seem to find them.

and http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...icle&artid=687 these aren't the best there are, I've seen e1c1 with 5.59...

And Episode 2 times are actually the ones i'm lookin for

Old Man

It's really hard to say what the World Records might be due to hacks.

There are some players on all platforms who have figured out how to hack times so someone posting a "World Record" time would invariably be met with a hacker posting a better time. We've seen Rarmals posting times better than the best know cmode players on BB for example.

The cmode community is fairly small and most of the best players have played with one each other at one time or another, so if a known player posts a great time it is 1) usually with 3 other well know players and 2) known by the cmode community fairly quickly.

That said, there are some truly outstanding times recorded by some of the Japanese players that are considered the best times in the World and it's what many of the European and North American players use as a guidepost for what is possible and what to shoot for.

Just to give you a rough idea, among the guys/gals I've played with, these are the best times I've seen for episode II:

2c1: - 35 minutes
    2c2: - 32 minutes
    2c3: - 11 minutes
    2c4: - 42 minutes
    2c5: - 18 minutes

Total time: 2:19 (best I've seen on a JP player who was well known)

Hope that helps.

Oh, and me, my best thus far is 2:29 with my fonewearl and there are about six of us between 2:26-2:29 on BB right now.

There are some ratings tables for .jp blueburst c-mode total times somewhere, but not for individual stages I think. I believe it's possible to beat the c2-c5 times Sitka listed by 2-3 minutes with an optimal Ep II time of around 2:10 although I've not seen that done myself.

Oh, I got all of those times Sitka, that's not the world record afaik:P

I got 35.15 e2c1 (best ive seen was 31)
    28.17 e2c2 n (best ive seen was 24)
    11.16 e2c3 (best ive seen was 7.56)
    43.44 (best ive seen was 33)
    and 15.26 (best ive seen 12)

Old Man

On 2006-08-25 06:16, Arias wrote:
    Oh, I got all of those times Sitka, that's not the world record afaik:P

I got 35.15 e2c1 (best ive seen was 31)
    28.17 e2c2 n (best ive seen was 24)
    11.16 e2c3 (best ive seen was 7.56)
    43.44 (best ive seen was 33)
    and 15.26 (best ive seen 12)
    I gave the best times I had seen from playing cmode regularly on xbox and BB and a tiny bit on GC. Xbox was by far the slowest and BB was catching up to GC, but from what you're saying not nearly enough.

Having played with CCL, Anguish, Del, Shar and others who played quite a bit with the JP community on GC, I have trouble believing the times you are reporting as having seen are legit. Certainly the times you report for yourself are possible and grats on those times, but the "seen" times are difficult to imagine.

We've had known hackers hack those times onto their characters, but I've yet to meet known cmode players with those times that are credible.

That said, if those times are legit than we are further behind than we thought. Either way, the cmode community on BB has completely dried up so there is no hope of improving the times that we have thus far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2006-08-25 10:07 ]</font>

Ah, but they ARE legit, they are not hackers.
    I played more than quite a bit with the JP cmode community, almost a year if you'd believe me.
    And the people who got those times were there, EVERY DAMN DAY.
    Don't go tell me that those people are hackers, I saw them doing a TA challenge over and over 8times or more a day

C mode Force

I agree with Arias. At times I saw JP players with times that I thought were impossible, but when you see those same players in games every time you log on, and in the same game for hours at a time, then you can understand that it is possible.
    I once asked to join a JP game with some hard-core players, and was told they would be playing the same stage over and over for the rest of the day unitl thay got a good map, and then they would play that map over and over looking for the perfect run. That is how they get such good times.

Old Man

Thanks for the input Slon and no slight of anyone intended - I meant what I said, it's difficult for me to imagine those times having not played at that intensity with those players.

Looking at it from the way you are describing it, I can see significant improvements, but those times are incredible.

I would have liked to have played with three other players at that intensity if even for a bit - oh well, on to PSU.

Yes, once I saw (episode 1) a game of E1C7, they were in there for 5hours!!
    Me, I was like, oh shit, they must have an ubermap
    Cuz what they do then is, they do it over and over, and before the end they let themselves die, until they know all spawnpoints, for extra speed (crazy mofo's:P)
    Of course, at EP2 this is impossible for the spawn points are fixed

The world record of cmode is owned by a japanese fonewearl called Cherub who is retired now.

not sure about the exact time , but it was 2h.32m for Ep1 and 1h.36m for Ep2