Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    also known as the Great Monkey Punch

according to an interview I read, it claims that the jappenese and u.s. servers will be kept seperate from one another because "Japanese and American players just get can't get along". Personally I have mixed feelings, yes because the game will be realeased in Japan first, they will have had a head start, which will be a bit of a pain, and some naughty little otakus will have figured out how to hack this game (I mean come on, name one MMORPG that doesn't have people who cheat. But on the flipside, that doesn't mean we absoulutely hate eachother, and in time we'll be about as strong as they are, and its not like there are other games where they manage to live in harmony (sarcasim). What do you guys think?

It worked great for blue burst and i appreciate them doing it again. I expect inazuma's answer to be along the same lines .

p.s. my copy just arrived

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Halcyon17 on 2006-08-30 06:48 ]</font>

yah I know kinda what you mean but I really dont care if there seperate or not......just as long as I get to play

you've got a point, but its still kind depressing...least for me it is.....

one problem could be that they dont speak any language besides japanese and only a few of them do speak english ... never had big problems playing with japanese people challenge-mode on PSO was so funny @ japan prime time there was a ship always crowed by that time i didnt notice any problems at all... but then in FF11 i noticed there was always a big NO .... English party no thanks and i rarely managed to play with japanese gamer as far as i can remember i had maybe 10 partys with japanese gamer in FF11 (played allmost 2 years)
    Another thing could be that the japan gamers are usually older then the Usa- EU audience for videogames... my 2 cents

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Frezzo on 2006-08-30 06:56 ]</font>

Generally it's the Japanese who treat Americans like crap. Since the game comes out for them first they have to deal with us noobs when it comes out for us. In FFXI for example.. Most JP only deal with JP, the party with JP and do quests with JP and dont like to do stuff with NA, however not all of them are like that.

But unless you use perfect Kana (If you use Romaji they will ignore you), they wont want to have a thing to do with you.

brr.... that's pretty cold.

On 2006-08-30 07:03, SephirothYuyX wrote:
    Generally it's the Japanese who treat Americans like crap. Since the game comes out for them first they have to deal with us noobs when it comes out for us. In FFXI for example.. Most JP only deal with JP, the party with JP and do quests with JP and dont like to do stuff with NA, however not all of them are like that.

But unless you use perfect Kana (If you use Romaji they will ignore you), they wont want to have a thing to do with you.
    Generally it's the Americans who treat Americans like crap. Have a serious think about that one.

On 2006-08-30 06:26, jungleking45 wrote:
    "Japanese and American players just get can't get along".
    I know in FFXI, speaking from personal experience, american players are willing to party with whoever, but Japanese players seem to have a preference of JP only. They aren't willing to use autotranslator for the most part, and like to laugh at the NA most all the time and treat you like you are inferior when they do accept you into a party. (I know the "w" stands for lol, and they always add it after typing my name for some reason.) Eh, maybe it is for the better, if nothing else than for knowing that the day I get the game I won't hear that "some naughty otaku" has hacked it.

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

Oddly I never saw quite that kind of hostility in the GCN verison of PSO. I never had any issues playing with them when I did. But then again all kinds of people have their bad seeds as well.