Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

so on the frount page of the site i read that there will be NO offline multiplayer for the ps2 ver. of PSU.

i for one think that really stinks, i own a GC and PSO, i had online for all of 1 mounth thats it the rest of the time for me and my friends and family that played pso was offline. (mainly because i dont have very much money to have that luxury)

i was really looking forward to offline multiplayer to have that same fun with my friends and family. but i guess sega did not put in to account pepole like me.

I WILL STILL PLAY THE GAME but..... i just wont have as much fun as i hoped

(anyway got any comments or questions then post away)

I feel your pain good sir, there are SOOOO many RPGs i wish were multiplayer, and i beg for another that is... so unfair! Hmm i haven't even played PSO before but i'm just drawn to PSU because of the online-mode... none the less... bring back multiplayer offline dang nabbit!

<Thwamps Sega>

Does it really matter that much? If you really want to play with your friends that badly, do yourself (and SEGA) a favor and just have your friends buy copies of the game and play online. Besides, I can imagine that trying to draw six individual players' screens on the PS2 at once wouldn't work out well.

Also, save money. It'll do ya good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyunji on 2006-08-24 14:05 ]</font>

Nyah, someone has a stick up their butt! I just meant a simple 2 player system at the least. Poo you sir... poo you.

-h
    Dallas, but it's not the same without cursing, okay?!

Keep playing on the Gamecube if it provided so much fun. No reason to expect that aspect out of a new game.

when they make PSU, they might have slipt screen for the PS2 or something......... like on the GC PSO 1 and 2.

On 2006-08-24 13:53, psoninja wrote:
    so on the frount page of the site i read that there will be NO offline multiplayer for the ps2 ver. of PSU.

i for one think that really stinks, i own a GC and PSO, i had online for all of 1 mounth thats it the rest of the time for me and my friends and family that played pso was offline. (mainly because i dont have very much money to have that luxury)

i was really looking forward to offline multiplayer to have that same fun with my friends and family. but i guess sega did not put in to account pepole like me.

I WILL STILL PLAY THE GAME but..... i just wont have as much fun as i hoped

(anyway got any comments or questions then post away)
    Shit sux.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

The PS2 can't handle split screen for PSU, because PSU pushes the PS2 to it's limits. We didn't have splitscreen in the Dreamcast versions of PSO because the Dreamcast couldnt handle it. When it was ported to the Gamecube it was possible because the Gamecube was powerful enough to do it. We might get splitscreen when PSU gets ported to another next-gen system, but even then 6 player splitscreen would be awkward. However, they should have added an option for LAN play with our extra mode characters. It's a shame that most videogame corporations completely ignore the possibility of LAN play in console games that would have really benefitted from it. LAN play in F-Zero GX or PSO or PSU would be incredible, but nooo, we get denied simply because the average gamer wouldn't bother....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-08-24 15:22 ]</font>

The hobo of PSU (seriously I have no meseta) :(

On 2006-08-24 15:20, Phaze37 wrote:
    PSU pushes it to the limit.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phaze37 on 2006-08-24 15:22 ]</font>
    I really have to agree with this statement.

Aye, as previously stated, PSU eats up pretty much all the PS2 has to give, and then some, so trying to force it to draw more than one screen at a time isn't going to happen.

Perhaps they might consider it for the 360, but given the performance problems that have been reported with that version, probably not. They'll probably be more focused on ironing out the problems to get it running well just drawing one screen.