Never have enough time.

After reading the forums for a few days, I have noticed that a lot of attention is focused on finding rare items. Looking at the droprate tables shows me that quests must be played in H/VH mode in order to have a decent chance at getting one.
    1. As a lvl 11 HuCast, should I even be concerned with hunting for rare items?
    2. Is it possible to solo the quests in H/VH mode? Normal mode seems to be pretty easy (at least to the Dragon, anyway).
    Thanks for any advice.

um, ok, right now as a level 11 Hucast you should be focusing on leveling up because you cant go on hard until level 20 and not vhard until 40 or ultimate until 80, and there is more than just the forest area, have you played the caves mines or ruins yet?
    dont owrry about rares until you get to be around 40-50, cuz ull just waste your time because there is nothing rteally worth while on hard mode

A dark place filled with terrors...or the UK

Plus, most rares require your character to be higher levels. Just concentrate on levelling up for now, unless something decent is dropped in Normal, but it's unlikely. What is your HUcast's ID?

And welcome to PSOW.
    PSO BB
    Deathwatch/HUmar/Redria (51)
    Saracev/RAcaseal/Whitill (1)
    Nadele/FOnewearl/Bluefull (1)
    Vineq/HUcast/Skyly (1)

Never have enough time.

Thanks for the info.
    I played PSO DC offline when it first came out, but lost interest when Dark Falz killed me over and over.
    So I kinda know about the different areas. I am just starting from scratch and working my way through the episodes.
    Thanks again.

Never have enough time.

Section ID = Redria

A dark place filled with terrors...or the UK

Well here's the REDRIA drop chart.

Lets see...Apart from monster body parts you don't get anything of real note in Normal Forest apart from AddSlots which are very useful to upgrade armors later on in the game. But they're rare, so keep em for a while.

When you get to Caves it's pretty much the same, Mines is better and Ruins is ok.

The good stuff starts in Hard mode, but you're a little ways off at the moment.

So, until you hit Hard mode, just concentrate on levelling up. You can always go back and looks for rares later.

P.S: Next time use the "Edit Post" option instead of double posting .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Deathwatch on 2006-08-31 14:33 ]</font>
    PSO BB
    Deathwatch/HUmar/Redria (51)
    Saracev/RAcaseal/Whitill (1)
    Nadele/FOnewearl/Bluefull (1)
    Vineq/HUcast/Skyly (1)

the only rare worth looking out for in normal is Invisible Guard. not really a great shield itself, but since it can be made into Safety Heart its a good item to have for trade.

I'd recommend doing the government quests available from the little girl in the principles office. by the time you get to 4-5 you should be near enough lvl to take on falz. and I'm sure you can find plenty of people on BB that can give you some old equips for your low lvl to help you get going.

Never have enough time.

I will hang onto an Invisible Guard if I ever get one.
    Thanks for the advice on the Principal's quest, worked my way through 1-3 last night.
    Thanks again for the advice.