Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSU FAQ

Communition of Gurhal, it's the religious organization thing. It's a huge building, you can't really miss it. It's in the area with PPT/flyer base/guardian's base.

Is that the one with the circle designs spinning around the door? Because there's a dude outside that will not let me in.

I haven't played ch7 for a while, are you sure you've seen the scene with karen? if so, maybe you can just go straight to Mizuraki. I'll be back at ch7 soon so I can help you if you haven't figured it out yet. Try the following things:

Speak to Karen again. Speak to girl behind the counter at the guardian's base again. Go to communition of gurhal building again. Form a party of only Maya and go to the flyer base.

For those people who are playing online and wondering how to string chat commands, CUT-INs, and animations together.

I've translated this small guide from tgfcer

Syntax : <A>/[B]alt<C> (space) @<D><E><F> (space) <G><H> (space) {[I]} Your Text

<A> = Party Chat [#] <-- Add # before any sentence to broadcast your message in party chat instead of public
    [B] = Opposite Gender's Animation [s] <-- s stands for shift, don't enter s for your gender's animation
    <C> = Character Animation [f1] Sit ~ [f12] Boredom, [a] Angry ~ [z] Bow
    <D> = Text Bubble Style [s] Screaming Bubble [c] Thinking Bubble <-- Leave this category blank for default chat bubble
    <E> = CUT-IN Emotion [0] Smile ~ [9] Angry
    <F> = CUT-IN Face Direction [0] Normal [1] Facing Up [2] Facing Forward [3] Facing Down
    <G> = SE (Sound Effect) &0 ~ 127
    <H> = Voice !0~26
    [I] = Font Color {red} {blu} {gre} {yel} {ora} {pur} {vio} {bei} {gra} {whi} {blk} <-- Make sure you include the brackets {} for font color

*Command inputs are case-sensitive, leave your letters in lower-case.
    *Sound Effects are only usable during combat/missions
    *Voices 0~11 are only usable during combat/missions
    *Voices 12~26 are only usable in lobbies (outside missions)

To chat with Character Animations simply enter : /[B]alt<C> + Your Text
    To chat with CUT-IN simply enter : @<D><E><F> + Your Text
    To chat with colors simply enter :{color code here} Your Text
    *You can enter multiple colors in a sentence

For Example :

If you enter the line /saltd @c53 Orz
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...C/56b9511d.jpg

You will get :
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...C/a83a444c.jpg
    Thanks to 3H for the images.

Misc. Chat commands :
    /menu <- Opens up the menu
    /item <- Opens inventory menu
    /map <- Opens up Map
    /party <- Opens party menu
    /mail <- Opens mail menu
    /partnercard <- Opens partner card menu
    /shortcut <- Opens shortcut menu
    /dice <- Rolls a 6-sided dice
    /random <- Picks a random number from 0~1000
    /card <- Draws a random card from a deck

There you go, have fun

-One might ask why this is faster/better than just chatting and hit hotkeys.
    Well, remember that you could save these commands into the Shortcut Setup menu as chatting macros for later use

-A tip for gamepad users, you can bind Misc. Commands such as /map to F1 in your Shortcut Setup menu for much easier map menu access. Press the Right direction on your D-pad to bring up the shortcut menu, press Right again for /map. This works especially well for PS2 online players.

Edit : Double-checked with Japanese PSU Wiki, updated the syntax for font colors. Also added SE and voices. Added /dice /random and /card

Sources : tgfcer and PSU Wiki

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-18 07:54 ]</font>

lolDiads
    If Diad was a planet in PSU, I'd live there

Wow, I was wondering how I'd be able to shortcut cut-in-chat stuff. That is most helpful. Thanks a bunch!

That's very useful, Unknown_PC.
    I can think of a few macros I'll be setting to the shortcuts already thanks to that.

Also, here's something that may be a bit illusive for some who can't read the japanese instructions (since I've been noticing some people complain about having to use the directional buttons to select items and weapons from the pallete button).

In the PS2 version (and PC version if you're using a gamepad with the buttons setup to have the buttons like the PS2 version like I am) you can use the R1, R2, L1 and L2 to scroll through the action pallete options while you have it open.
    R1 and R2 will scroll through the weapons pallete while L1 and L2 will scroll through the items pallete, allowing you to move freely since you won't be bending your fingers to press the d-pad while using the analog pad to move your character.

Heh, I never had a problem using the D-Pad to do it while moving...lots of Monster Hunter made me learn how to use the D-Pad (camera) and left analog stick at the same time.

Oh yeah, I forgot to comment on the D-PAD thing.. I figured that out on day one.

In the PSOW menu translations for Gamepad configuration, there are 4 options missing which are now in the retail version.

The four new options are for menu selecting!

They go in order: Up, Right, Down, Left..

Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I read the FAQ and talked to the PM and lady behind the desk I could only find one of my teamates and have hunted everywhere and do not know where to go... any assistance would be helpful and appreicated, sorry if i broke the rules but i really want to have my final showdown soon...

Take to Pete -> Talk to lady behind counter in 5F
    Take shuttle to Moatoob -> Enter the Guardian base in Dagora City for a cutscene.
    Invite Leogini, Tonnio, and the Lou-lookalike to party -> Enter Mission the Search for Lou

Edit : more elaborate

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Unknown_PC on 2006-09-06 22:01 ]</font>