Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RAmarl in ult/

RAmar--> Only way to go!

I have a greenil RAmarl that i got into ultimate at lvl 52 and im trying to get her to the mines for a Yasmonkov 3000. But a lvl 52 RAmarl has a few small problems in ultimate. like not hitting enough damage and not having much hp. I was wondering if anyone had some ideas of items to get or where to train her.
    She has
    Justy maxed
    HS25 Justice +9 50% native
    Meteor smash +25
    Guilty light +16 good percents
    Some 4 slot armor
    Dont konw what kind of shield
    God/Arm
    God/Arm
    God/Hp
    General/Battlee
    Mag def 30 soemthing/power 54/mind 74/dex what evers left (lvl 200 mag)
    Any advise/criticism will be accepted. Thanks

Make sure to use all support techs. When my Ramarl arrived in her mid forties in Ult, I think she did single digit damage without Shifta and Zalure. But with both, killing monsters goes faster than with my male (or tech-less) chars with comparable level. At 52 you should have enough punch to make your way through Forest easy enough, when you use all four support techs.
    If that fails, then you could consider making another mag, with a bit more on dex, much more on power and less on def and mind.

RAmar--> Only way to go!

Well i use shifta religiously but not much Zalure. And that mag is barrowed from another character so ya i probably should make another one but that takes time because i always forget to feed the mags. Thanks for the zalure tip though.

Raising mags does take time. And I too forgot to feed them regularly.
    But trust me, after a while it becomes second nature, and after raising enough mags, it just doesn't feel right to not have a few with you that need feeding
    By the way, don't forget about Jellen and Deband. Even if you don't get hit a lot, it might prevent getting criticalled to death.

Ditch that Gerneral/Battle, 10% Speed Boost does close to nothing for you. I would suggest putting in a /Power unit.

I would really try to raise another mag. Rangers need power mags not dexterity mags since most will max out at a very low level. Put most stats into power and mind since RAmarls are good with techniques. Try not to raise defence since a def mat raises it 2 points while your mag raises it 1 point per level. Try to get alot of /power units especially God/Power maybe use 2 of them. For the others use /Body or /HP you can never have too much defence on Ult. Don't worry about the God/Arms, you are a Ranger and it shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you do miss alot take out 1 of the other units beside the God/Power.

On 2006-09-05 10:46, PMB960 wrote:
    Rangers need power mags not dexterity mags since most will max out at a very low level.
    At a low level, say level 130? The Ramarl I am using now (level 127) has 70 dex on her mag, uses a God Arm and doesn't max her ATA. It's close, but no cigar yet.
    Ramarls max out their ATP fairly early though. With my current set-up, mine's maxed out.
    Though it's true that you will max out ATA well before level 200, most likely, it's way past level 52.
    Put most stats into power and mind since RAmarls are good with techniques.
    Depends on the playing style. The way I see it, raising Mind is useful only for having more TP, so less Trifluids if you use those. The damage a RAmarl can do with her techs isn't good, compared with the damage her physical attacks do.
    you can never have too much defence on Ult. Don't worry about the God/Arms, you are a Ranger and it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
    I can't help thinking that your love for high def has to do with your dislike of ATA. When you miss, you get hit.
    True enough, high Def is always nice. But playing as a Ramarl, using support techs and all, and being a Ranger, you should be able to avoid getting hit most of the time, and if you get hit, to shrug it off.

Anyway, this just shows that everyone enjoys playing in his/her own style (And I'm a ATA junkie, it's essential in the Control Towers).

On 2006-09-05 11:50, T0m wrote:

At a low level, say level 130? The Ramarl I am using now (level 127) has 70 dex on her mag, uses a God Arm and doesn't max her ATA. It's close, but no cigar yet.
    Sorry I meant more like having a 175+ DEX mag. Both my friends maxed out at a low level, somewhere between 60-70. That would be completely useless since your other stats would suffer.

Tell me about it. For kicks, I did that with my RAcaseal. Sure it was nice being able to use good weapons at a ridiculously low level, but my ATP was so miserable that I couldn't kill anything.
    Fujiko, Skyly HUnewearl (Level 3) - PSOBB
    Otsune, Purplenum RAcaseal (Level 19) - PSOBB

my ramarl used a 195 dex mag had the max materials all being power and 4 god/powers. and well lets just say i did alright. but i dont recommend this way. and my atp maxed out fairly early so i started to switch to god/minds. but i hate ramarls so i didnt really care about making her good.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2006-09-05 14:54 ]</font>