Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

I say, let Sega handle their business.
    They've done a more than decent job at managing and alleviating what could easily be construed as a "disaster"
    Most of you won't even be on the JP servers past October 24th...

Dragon God

To me, this is Sega's "quick fix" solution for the time being, permanent or temporary I'm unsure. It is obvious that the server is being waaaaay too overloaded, and by essentially doubling the server capacity, it can solve many of the network mode problems that are connected to server overloading.

Simply put, instead of adding more servers and attempting to hard code them to link to eachother, which I might add takes conderable amount of time and money, they instead threw this solution down as something to get network mode at least running. You just can't expect to say "throw more servers at the game and hope in hell it'll work" in the real world it just doesn't work that way.

On 2006-09-12 21:02, Parn wrote:

Heh, my choice on whether I stay on World 1 or not is solely dependant on how crowded it remains. Universe 5 is consistently packed to the brim, which leads me to just making a character on World 2 and going from there. Granted, I'd have to start over a third time, but the game has been fun enough that I really don't mind it. And I'll be starting over yet once more when the US release hits anyways.
    This is a valid point, but someone like me just doesn't have the time and motivation for that. You're right, the game is fun regardless, and to be honest I really haven't had much trouble getting online, which I guess has more to do with the times that I play.

And yes, I'll also be starting over for the US version, hopefully wiser for this warm-up. Which almost feels like a setback. Almost.

On 2006-09-12 21:11, uhawww wrote:
    I say, let Sega handle their business.
    Well, we don't really have any choice. Either play by their rules or don't play at all. I guess I'm just not confident that this will actually alleviate anyone's complaints. Wait and see, I suppose.

You're free to create characters on "World 2" to play with friends there, the only restriction is that you can't cross the worlds with the same characters.
    I know, but if my characters are on world 1 and I meet someone with characters on world 2, I'd have to start over at level 1 and I probably won't be able to catch up to him. Technically, I can play with him, the same way I could technically have played with all of my friends on different WoW servers, but I'm not going to have the time to build multiple characters at once and keep up with friends in both worlds. I really don't want to see the NA/EU playerbase divided.

with two worlds, does that mean that one can have up to 8 characters on a single account?
    Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

On 2006-09-13 11:09, Shiroryuu wrote:
    with two worlds, does that mean that one can have up to 8 characters on a single account?
    Jesus Christ, learn to read. This was already answered some pages back... MORE THAN ONCE.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.