Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

that is quite ironic. having it come here first than Japan. usually for stuff like Ninety Nine Nights, Japan made stuff appears in Japan first.

but ya ppl say 24th is also Xbox360 for U.S. so that is a good sign.

since I'm getting both PS2 and Xbox360 versions, and some friends are going to play it on Xbox360 (one who uses PS2 is getting an Xbox360 to play with us), it would help me to get both versions on teh same day.

another friend only has PC so I'm thinking of going online with PS2 if they cant get a Xbox360. aaaah I have my hands full deciding which one but the free month for both will help determine which one I'll focus on.

Yeah, it is ironic. But I don't think Japan likes the 360 very much, so it's okay I guess. I hope I can pick up both versions on the 24th as well.

Celestial Knight of Azure Flames zandra117's Avatar
    My soul is in Gurhal while my heart is on Ragol

Shadow The Hedgehog was released in the US before Japan.
    "Thol-Falz, tes par rel diemed. Tes syr, weh yi ryukad te reli, rel ken rel obid." Dark Force, your shrine is finished. Your sword, who you returned to reality, is able to be wielded.

some Japanese games are released in the US first. Not all, but some . (my memory may be failing me on these, so dont eat me up if I got it wrong, but I'm pretty sure) Metal Gear solid 3 snake eatere, the original DS, and I even believe Zelda twilight princess is coming out in US first too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Steve II on 2006-09-18 16:31 ]</font>
    http://princessash1ey.tumblr.com/ < My little gaming blog.

The Gamecube has been outselling the X360 in Japan, so the amount of x360 owners in Japan might have something to do with it, lol.

The Wii is also being released in NA first, happy days for you people in the US.

You killed my goddess! Forever Zero's Avatar

Metroid games seem to come to the US first as well. I guess they just release 'em first to whichever region they are most popular in. I'm not surprised US is getting PSU XBOX first.

Aren't metroid games developed in US instead of Japan?

You killed my goddess! Forever Zero's Avatar

Well, I had Metroid Zero Mission in mind when I wrote that. I belive that one was made in Japan, correct me if I'm wrong. But yeah, the FPS ones are US lol.

Metroid really didnt take off in Japan. They like their cutesy anime graphics. America likes realistic looking graphics. Metroid simply doesnt appeal to them. The average japanese person doesnt thirst for blowing stuff up like the average American. Its just a difference in our cultures.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jarek99 on 2006-09-18 17:27 ]</font>

The Local Bartender

Metroid has the same kind of story line that I know the Japanese would love, so I don't think that's really the main reason, O_O.

And the reason the 360 version is being released first is ofcourse of the fact that the 360 pretty much tanked in Japan, considering that most of the games out for it(once again) do NOT at all appeal to the Japanese audience. It's a shame, though, there are a few JP people who did buy one and are looked down upon probably,