Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    Veteran Fighter

So after having played all 3 classes to some extent, I've come to the realization that there is a gimp way to play hunters. It's called using your normal attacks.

Now hear me out on this. Most skills and normal attacks are comparable in time to attack, however the difference in their damage potential is huge. Even at level one the damage potential is on average 25% more than their regular attacks. In addition to this, all PAs have at least the potential to double hit per attack used (that is on two different targets though). This is a huge difference in damage when multiple targets are factored in, on the magnitude of 2.5x more damage than your normal attack.

So it's not that hunters don't have PP problems it's that they're playing a gimp style. While everyone is using their PP to boost their damage, rangers with bullets, forces with techs, a few hunters are out there trying to "save" meseta and play in a gimp style.

Down for the Getdown

I don't think gimp is the proper term. Just cause a hunter isn't trying todo 100% of the damage he possibly can by spamming PAs 24/7 he shouldn't be called a gimp hunter.

You're saying using regular not photon art attacks ever makes you gimp?

All I see is "damage this damage that". You're ignoring the blatant accuracy deficiency in photon arts as compared to regular attacks.

Your point sucks, sorry.

Veteran Fighter

I play a beast hunter, accuracy issues be damned. They don't exist on par with the damage issue. I have over a 75% hit rate with skills (not the amount reduced) against even level or higher. The fact that I'm hitting more targets for more damage outweighs the one or two misses in the one combo. Note that the damage difference I'm estimating is a VERY conservative estimate.

This is on or offline, I'm curious.

Also wondering what level you are, what level your photon arts are, and what area you're fighting in. Level 28 twin saber photon art still misses sometimes for me in the final dungeon at level 84.

Veteran Fighter

Playing online, my highest hunter was 18 or so. But from 12?-18 I was fighting against level 16 mobs. I'm not saying I won't miss but the damage potential is a lot higher than just regular attacking as well as being faster to dishing out damage. The chance to hit multiple enemies/targets makes them a lot more advantageous.

Take the sword (two handed) PA, it can hit in a circle, while the range on it does seem short, being able to hit in a full circle allows it to do a lot more damag than just regular attacking. I'm not sure what the second combo does yet, I will level up the PA to find out.

Double daggers PA, it also hits in a circle, but can only hit 6 times, across 2+ targets with one combo activation. The second combo repeats the first one I believe. This attack activates as fast as two parts to the regular attack with double daggers (I think closer to one but not really timing it).

it takes meseta to use photon arts?

This topic is pretty retarded. You're saying because you have the option NOT to use PP constantly, and because some people do choose not to, they're gimps?

No shit PAs do massive damage, that is the entire point of HU, get close and do huge damage. Even your normal attacks do more damage than a Ranger's guns though, so there is no reason not to use them.

ditto ^ in that aspect it seems the same at PSO. I use my heavy attacks most of the time against higher opponents, but get smacked around often when i miss. if i'm patient and want to do it right i'll mix it up and not worry about doing max damage but will max out my survival. it's called strategic options or plain old play style, lol.

Oh Snap!
    A Coltoba!
    Let Me Tornado Break It 8 Times!