Oh man oh man, do I love scary movies. I think they have to be my favorite type overall because oftentimes they mix inadvertent hilarity with genuinely scary material--a killer combination, to be sure. Find pictures if you can, and tell about the three scariest movie moments you've ever lived through(!)

#3: The Puking Little Girl in the Tent
    Movie: The Sixth Sense

There were a lot of freaky moments in this movie, especially since most of us saw it when it came out and we were all about seven years younger. Yikes. I knew it was coming, but when little Haley Joel Osment looked up at the ghost in his blanket tent and she was vomiting all over the place, I admit I got chills down my back. Another interesting fact is that this little girl grew up to play some character on the OC.

#2: Sister Zelda
    Movie: Pet Sematary

Pet Sematary is, without a doubt, my favorite scary movie of all time. It's the perfect combination of sad, frightening, and accidentally funny, and it works every single time. Every Halloween I have to watch this movie, and Sister Zelda is still in my mind as one of the most horrifying film monsters in film history. She's the main guy's wife's dead sister who exists only in flashbacks and paranoid hallucinations, but she's just creepy as crap. In the story, she died of spinal meningitis, so her back is all twisted and her face is sunken in and she screams and laughs like a maniac. Man, I hate sister Zelda.

#1: Slicin' Up Eyeballs
    Movie: Un Chien Andalou

Agh. I downloaded this movie because of the Pixies song "Debaser," and then wished I hadn't. For those who are unfamiliar, Un Chien Andalou is a surrealist silent film from the '20s that's like an episode of Seinfeld gone horribly wrong. It isn't meant to make sense; just to shock. The movie opens with a man running a straight razor through a woman's eyeball. Apparently they used an actress who actually was missing an eye, and... they put a cow's eyeball in her socket to cut. Ugh. Even the thought makes me shudder.

Okay. You's fellas' turn(!)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CupOfCoffee on 2006-09-20 20:21 ]</font>

Couldn't find very good pictures, and I can't really say for sure these are my top 3, but they are what comes to my mind this very instant.

#3 Now I know Signs isn't really a very scary movie... Nor do I really think it was very good... But to this day I get really creeped out when I think about the first couple scenes where you (sort of) see the aliens... Between the eerie music, mysterious atmosphere, and some really great suspense, Shyamalan does a great job of totally creeping me out! This is the kind of scared where I lie in bed and think, holy crap, did I just see a dark figure on my neighbors roof? ~shivers~

#2 This one has a bit of personal leverage over other moments, due to the delicate situation where I first witnessed the scene... Well imagine if you will... I was at the ripe young age of 5 or 6 and my older sister was watching a movie with some friends in the family room... I had no idea what she was watching, all I knew was that she was trying to keep me away, and I wanted to see! So I spyed from around the corner... Well, some girl seemed to be making out with guy... Hmm, kinda gross (for a 5 year old). But imagine my fright when suddenly the man revealled himself to be the hideous IT! Did I mention I was scared to death of clowns in the first place?

#1 From the moment you first enter the "dark world" in Silent Hill. Holy crap... Those ash children! Just... Holy crap... They scare me so freaking bad! X.o Infact... Something about that movie... It just really creeps me out... And when the antagonists "get what's coming to them"... It's just like... omfg, I wanted this? And yet it's so sickeningly satisfying. And that satisfaction is what is really scary. But yea, those children, really had me glued to the back of my seat!