Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

On 2006-09-27 00:41, Mazoku wrote:

I will be playing PSU on my 360 on a 61 inch DLP HDTV. The TV costed under $3000. Your comparison to the price of a new car is extremely inaccurate.

I am very far from rich. I am married and have my own house. Once you're out of school it's not so difficult to buy such things.
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/exaggeration

And for your average person, $3000 is still not a reasonable amount to pay for a television. Obviously if having a really big HDTV is a priority, then you can probably figure out a way to make it work. But most people have things much higher on their priority list. Like food, bills, etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-27 08:59 ]</font>

Ok, so weved been able to establish that the 360 can look nice... but heres the real question fellas... How many *count them* how many actual good games are out right now?... really *counts with one hand* uhh? and dont give me the "it just came out" BS.. Look MS is in it for the money theyved stated that many times Sure XBL is nice some games may look nice but gameplay wise, Controls wise they're pure crap. Talk to me when i see a FFXII type game that sells as much as any FF tittle in japan.
    A good computer looks much better then a 360 anyday, You speak HDTV... Yes it also runs you about 2grand a PC that can match that runs me 15hundred or less if you build it yourself

And for your average person, $3000 is still not a reasonable amount to pay for a television. Obviously if having a really big HDTV is a priority, then you can probably figure out a way to make it work. But most people have things much higher on their priority list. Like food, bills, etc
    Amen to that btw. Bills FTW! >_>;; lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shrevn on 2006-09-27 09:55 ]</font>

On 2006-09-26 21:12, Alisha wrote:

3do came out when i was in middle school for samurai showdown and super street fighter 2 turbo lolz@way of the warrior XD
    news flash some people dont have an hdtv and dont plan to buy one anytime soon and such dont give a shit about 457987876750p. i plan to buy a ps3 and i dont even know what hdmi is or why i should care. frankly the games that will be coming out for it after launch look more interesting that anything currently on 360. much like the oroginal xbox most 360 games have a decidely american look and feel to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alisha on 2006-09-26 21:13 ]</font>
    Enchanted Arms, Ninety Nine Nights, FFXI. Looks like they are working on it, but I agree. Just a shame it is so expensive.

On 2006-09-26 23:15, HyperShot-X- wrote:
    On 2006-09-26 19:55, Kyuu wrote:
    On 2006-09-25 14:43, Valkayree wrote:

Your PC sucks, the game looks like PS2 quality. Your PC is alienware or better, it will quite possibly look better than the 360, but you won't be playing on a 60 inch HDTV, now will ya?
    Well no, but then neither I nor anyone I know has a 60-inch HDTV. HDTVs are still pretty few and far between as far as average household status is concerned, and as for really large screen ones... well, most people don't spend that much money on a new car, let alone a TV.

Also, computer monitors have been doing "HDTV" resolutions for a long time now, and most can go higher than 1600x1200 nowadays (or whatever the widescreen equivalent is). Not to mention, many videocards support output to a television monitor, so if you do have that 60-inch HDTV, you can go ahead and hook your PC up to it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kyuu on 2006-09-26 19:57 ]</font>
    Price range for HDTV's nowdays came down a lot and will continue to come down in the next couple yrs, so many more ppl should be able to afford one easily and it doesn't have to be that big as 60-inch, i own 22-inch LCD flat panel widescreen HDtv that fits nicely on desktop in my room for watching dvd's & playing games, prices are around $450-$600 now.

There's no use hooking up ur pc to HDtv since PSU pc version can't do 16:9 widescreen mode anyways.

For those who don't plan on upgrading to HDtv for the next gen HD gaming era, you got no idea what u'r missing out really, it's like filling up the gas tank for ur V8 engine car with 'Regular' gasoline instead of 'Super' which isn't wise at all. Ppl will get motion sickness from playing 60fps games on old CRT tube when they were designed & optimized to run on HD digital TVs. If you even give a shyt about ur own heath and enjoying healthy gaming, you should try to rethink how u spend that 600 bucks. On X360, DOA4, EnchantedArms, RR6, PSU, & others don't got that 'american' look at least if that matters to u or anyone at all.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HyperShot-X- on 2006-09-26 23:20 ]</font>
    I just priced a nice 60 inch at $1800 at circuit city. I have a job and no children, so hey, why not...

The trickery that Motrostorm uses is as kinda compalin about is HDR with some nice use of motion blur and other effects to give the game smooth fluid animation.
    Never said the 360 has a weak CPU but I don't think it can fling around as much crap as the cell and since it won't be king in the pysics deparment some effects really won't be shown in the same caliber as the PS3 thus I say it will look great but some of the effects animations and things just won't be the same. I'm looking beyond graphics here.
    As for RR6 it was not 60fps I heard bitching about that and if it was then why the hell would they call RR7 the smoothest racing game so far on animations?

I can't see how you can't like LAIR or heavenly sword you seem to hate the bloom effect.
    I asume you don't own a 360 yourself? HDR and motionblur are getting pretty much standard in most games. Ever played Kameo? The game is using all kinds of effects without a problem, HDR, blur, dept of field, water shaders, heat gaze, etc etc.. It's sad people think they don't like kameo because it doesn't have those "realistic" graphics, but till now its the best looking game I've played besides Lost Planet..

Don't underestimate the 360 and especially not the CPU, it might not have a cell proc, but it's still a fast monster! and N3, Dead Rising and Kameo already proved that woth the hundereds of enemy's onscreen..

another thing about the effects: Most graphical effects that you name are all being calculated by the GPU.. so the cell won't help anything with that. Also don't forget the GPU in the PS3 and 360 are pretty much equal.. Some differences are that the 360 GPU got 48 Unified shaders, and the GPU got 512MB GDDR3 memory versus 256MB in the PS3. but the 360 has to share the 512MB with the system, but thats not a problem cause GDDR3 memory is alot faster (above 1,5Ghz if I am correct) then your ordinary system memory. And ofcoure the ED-RAM in the 360, but that yet have to prove itself with the UR3 engine and 1080p games..

I don't hate bloom effects, but the PS3 is really using it to much, to make al games look cool and shiney..

For those who don't plan on upgrading to HDtv for the next gen HD gaming era, you have no idea what your missing out really
    I agree with that.. most people don't believe HD makes a difference and a SDTV is fine.. I've said that as well when I first bought my 360.. untill I played it on my 19" monitor.. I was just like.. WOW..

Um, you don't need a widescreen display to have high resolutions. In fact, I've never seen the great appeal to the widescreen format.
    In most games the horizontal screenspace is alot more important than the vertical, this is with shooters, fighting games, racing.. I actually can't think of any kind of game that would benefit 4:3

Ok, so weved been able to establish that the 360 can look nice... but heres the real question fellas... How many *count them* how many actual good games are out right now?... What is good? what is bad? it's all an opinion... there are people that are dieing to play Halo3 and I wouldn't care if Halo3 would be canceld for 360 and developed for the PS3 instead.. really *counts with one hand* uhh? and dont give me the "it just came out" BS.. Look MS is in it for the money theyved stated that many times Sure XBL is nice some games may look nice but gameplay wise, Controls wise they're pure crap And how do you know that? that is the most stupid statement I've ever heard.. I've played enough games on my 360 and never had problems with gameplay, and the 360 controller is just the best imo . Talk to me when i see a FFXII type game that sells as much as any FF tittle in japan. Does a good selling game make a game good? of course! the Sims is the best game EVAH!11!! yeah right..
    A good computer looks much better then a 360 anyday I haven't seen any good looking game on a PC besides Crysis, but we can't count that one becuase there is no DX10 card on the market. You speak HDTV... Yes it also runs you about 2grand a PC that can match that runs me 15hundred or less if you build it yourself
    much like the oroginal xbox most 360 games have a decidely american look and feel to them
    Ofcourse there are still alot of the boring shooters and sports games, but the amount of JRPG's for the 360 is already surpassing the XBOX1..

here are some links of some cool vids that show some non american look 'n feel games:

http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3083_en.html
    http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3059_en.html
    http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3054_en.html
    http://www.xboxyde.com/news_3592_en.html PSU on X06?? O_O

you can also just keep an eye on this page: http://www.xboxyde.com/index_en.html

I always knew that SDTV was crap.. then again I was one of the EARLY adopters had them huge ass CRTV.

That siad Kameo was the first 360 game I played liked the artstyle and all but twas short. I bleive peopel discount it on merly artstyle.

It's as long as you like to play it, I've played the game ALOT of hours, I am #24 in the all time rankings But I agree that the story mode is a bit short.