Page 23 of 87 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373 ... LastLast

Hey everyone,

I just got on PSU as a CAST Ranger. I'm enjoying it so far, but I have a question: besides standing around and waiting or using an item to replenish it, is there another way for me to gain PP back in between missions?

On 2006-10-30 11:59, CypherErebus wrote:
    Anyone want to start a guild for exchanging ranger weps and stuff?
    No, unless it is PSOW only, because the average Internet/XBL user will rip me off.

Out of random curiosity, what's this "twin one handed weapons regen PP at twice the normal rate" people are talking about? Twin Handgun class weapons get 12 PP back per tick so far as I've noticed, same as everything else. Am I missing something here, or did I just misunderstand?

You misunderstood my statement. I mean if you have a crossbow in one hand and a wand in the other, both are going to be regening like 10 per tick, and thats significantly more than the 12-14 per tick you'd get from a two handed weapon. (twin handguns are a TWO HANDED WEAPON, NOT two one handed weapons)

On 2006-10-31 11:55, Sizzors wrote:
    On 2006-10-30 11:59, CypherErebus wrote:
    Anyone want to start a guild for exchanging ranger weps and stuff?
    No, unless it is PSOW only, because the average Internet/XBL user will rip me off.
    Thats what I meant. A PSOW ranger guild.

Im sorry guys for not updating my topic as of late. You can say that I have the "Play PSU or die" syndrome for the last week or so. But its for a good cause. I been testing and playing around with some weapons and playing styles that I was hoping to add to the guide. Also I been playing Force and soon Hunter, so I will make a mini-section of playing as another class through the eye of a ranger (Cause the eyes of a ranger are upon you~) XD

Anyway, I plan on spending some time on Saturday updating the first post because some of the info is outdated or just plan wrong. If you see anything wrong with the first post, let me know and I will change it or check it out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rizen on 2006-11-01 10:32 ]</font>

I'm wondering where I should go at thist point: I'm a 35 Ranger Class 9. Right now I have:

5 star dual handguns (Youmei, forget the name) w/ Twin Freeze 20 and Twin Burn 18.

4 star rifle (Youmei, waiting for lucky day to make 5 star) w/Freeze shot 18.

4 star handgun (youmei again) w/Plasma Hit 9.

I don't use the handgun really, I'm just getting it up to lvl10 for possible Hunter purposes later. For everything else I'm wondering what I should do next. As I understand it the first update nerfs status effects, especially ice. I understand that fire is still fairly effective though, which is why I'm getting that up. Aside from that, what else should I be doing next.

I don't really care for shotguns much, although I may check one out later anyway. Mechguns I'm kinda undecided on. Ignoring that though, what other elements should I be going with? Is shock effective at higher ranks later as well?

Also, does dark element do anything right now? It doesn't seem to do damage when I've seen people do it?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SailorDaravon on 2006-11-01 10:55 ]</font>

You could be mistaking the dark swirls for dark when they are actually earth, which silences enemies.

Since you have all those bullets leveled, I suggest feeding your PM and/or working on a shotgun bullet. From what I hear, it levels up pretty quickly. I'm at lv15 with plasma shot with rifle and I plan on working on getting shotgun fire shot worked on soon.

The only other thing I can think of is to work on higher level runs for mats or open up a shop. (And make it cheap for us PSOW rangers! )

Tarutaru in training.

LOL she said cheap!...

<----- guy

lol - that's it, I'm getting me different avatar