Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On 2006-10-10 12:01, Cause_I_Own_U wrote:
    forces dont play just support, if you play like that you're just slowing down and gimping your party, you can buff your party before the battles begin then when it starts you use ae spells to do damage and heal people when necessary
    Maybe in the original PSO, but with a 6 man party, there's enough room for a pure support.

On 2006-10-10 13:21, Zinger314 wrote:
    forces dont play just support, if you play like that you're just slowing down and gimping your party, you can buff your party before the battles begin then when it starts you use ae spells to do damage and heal people when necessary
    Maybe in the original PSO, but with a 6 man party, there's enough room for a pure support.
    Who wants to play pure support when you dont get any exp?

On 2006-10-10 13:29, krika wrote:
    I think the assumption that a player playing as "support force" will heal, use the buff spells before each fight, and debuff the enemies with the ATP- DEF- EVA/ATA- spells, thus tagging just about every mob. Sure they dont get any kills, but they still get tag exp.

Likewise, Hunters that may not be able to efficently tag every mob, you are much more likely to land a killing blow than anyone else, thus getting the boosted kill exp. Everything works out close enough so that it wont be a problem, so long as you aren't a hunter following 5 tech happy forces into a room, in which case it will be a problem.

Last I remembered "0" damage aka Misses in PSU resulted in no exp given. You have to deal atleast 1 damage to the monster to get exp for the kill in a party.

On 2006-10-10 13:29, krika wrote:
    If you're playing pure support, you're getting EXP for every enemy you hit with debuffs.

Really, I think in the original PSO, there wasn't room for "pure" anything, save for the occaisional "pure force" (only used techniques, nothing else).

Basically none of the usable player classes were pure, in that using them to their full potential involved doing more than one thing. The only possible exception to this could be the FOnewearl, as they were geared toward being able to only cast techniques, and use them better than just about anyone - it'd usually end up being a waste of time to try and melee things to death, with ATP that low.

However, a common way of playing a Force, FOmar and FOmarl in particular, involved playing mostly support, and using said support to make their melee capabilities shine. FOmarl in particular, was seemingly designed with this in mind, as their stats and technique specializations, more or less made them only very good at this. FOmar, of course, leaning more toward mixing up melee, support, and attack techniques.

In essence, yes, if you really are playing "pure support," you're probably wasting potential like nobody's business. After you tag enemies with debuffs, what are you going to do then? Sit back, and watch everyone else do the majority of the work, while you just throw out the occaisional Resta? Get in there and try to kill something.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Mercenary for Hire

On 2006-10-10 07:43, Zabot wrote:
    but what about us hunters, like in pso, in normal mode at least, i was a cast, and my traps didnt detonate soon enough to hit all of um, its hard being a hunter, i usually go solo?
    Back to the Great Sword and/or Handgun tagging all method? =D

"In essence, yes, if you really are playing "pure support," you're probably wasting potential like nobody's business. After you tag enemies with debuffs, what are you going to do then? Sit back, and watch everyone else do the majority of the work, while you just throw out the occaisional Resta? Get in there and try to kill something. "

Agreed. As much as I love healing and support, when I played as my FOmarl in PSO I still had more than enough time to play with my attack spells(which were awesome by the way). I don't think forces should have any problem getting EXP.

well lets look at this logically...in PSU all you have to do is hit something..and you get exp and if your "full support" well umm get a wand? or something of that nature and do your dirty work.You may do no damage but SOME damage is always better then no damage if you guys have ever mobbed you know if you can hit it for 1 damage its soo much better then none.plus come on every class has offensive abilities I think some of us are being ignorant to the cold facts that exp PROBLY wont be an issue it really wasnt in PSO...well not for me anyways...

On 2006-10-10 10:15, Pikku wrote:
    Well they can make it like FFXI that if youre too far you get no EXP.
    Or you can die and lose half of the exp you built up.
    www.phnkmusic.com
    www.brandonfoy.tv
    3DS Friend code- 4296-3737-2855