Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I see dumb people... tyler2zelda's Avatar

How does ST plan on getting updates to us PS2 users? Sure, they had a little trouble getting updates for PS2 people on FFXI, but having to buy something so you can update? (I'm not sure if you actually have to buy updates from a store, I just heard it from someone)

I think things could, and possibly will, get a little... ugly. It's bad enough with the small slowdown problems, but the updates? ST better find out something soon...

Off topic: I actually have a copy of FFXI for PC, but I don't have a credit card. Too bad, it came with 2 expansion packs...
    "...and thus, Dark Falz is reborn. From another dimension, he conquers the souls of those on other planes of existence. He cannot be defeated, but we may try to contain it... for someday we shall perish."

I think they will be stored on/sent to your memory card.

But the memory card is only 8mb big... an update for WoW to fix one glitch was 125mb...

I still have no idea how ST will pull this one off.
    "...and thus, Dark Falz is reborn. From another dimension, he conquers the souls of those on other planes of existence. He cannot be defeated, but we may try to contain it... for someday we shall perish."

On 2006-10-14 10:50, tyler2zelda wrote:
    But the memory card is only 8mb big... an update for WoW to fix one glitch was 125mb...

I still have no idea how ST will pull this one off.
    Oh. O_O Well, in that case, I have no idea. XD Maybe ST doesn't really plan to update PSU?

We may never know...
    --------------------------------------------------
    Here's my idea on how they could do it...
    A disc that content can be added to, so you can upload stuff from the server into the disc. That's my only guess on what they could possibly do.

(Edited because can't double post)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tyler2zelda on 2006-10-14 11:03 ]</font>

Cast Acrofighter. WTB Robochao mag AlphaMinotaux's Avatar

everything is on the game disk already, everything is saved server side so only a few lines of code are needed to be saved to the memory card regulate what happens in the online world?

Surgeon With A Shotty

I know that Socom 3 on ps2 allowed you to download new maps and updates to a usb thumb drive. Maybe ST will do the same.

On 2006-10-14 11:13, MattMattic wrote:
    I know that Socom 3 on ps2 allowed you to download new maps and updates to a usb thumb drive. Maybe ST will do the same.
    Or they could have been daring and supported the ps2 HD. just a thought.

Someone told me that online stuff would be on the server already, but what about offline and extra? If you need a USB thumb drive, I'm gonna be pissed...

maybe the updates are on the server? because i dont think they plan on updating the offline mode? The online mode stuff is on the server, like missions- thats why they can get laggy. So perhaps its through the servers, and not much will be saved to your card at all. They should have used the HDD tho ><