Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

thanx for postin that list makes the new characters seem less intimiditing when i can compare to stuff i seen and played before

Good guide, but it's not too hard to figure out those things yourself. Still definitely doesn't hurt to have, though.

I dunno, after seeing the stats and abilities, I might have a bit different things to say. Also, mixing in the fictional classes kind of disqualifies most things.

First off, protranser, although it uses traps, isn't like any cast of PSO. They're frail, and more of a jack of all trades that fails at everything. Its an interesting thing indeed. I don't see the point of them. Perhaps they get some huge class bonuses or something.

Beyond that, the hybrid classes aren't quite what you'd initially expect them to be. Wartecher for example isn't a hunter and a force, its more of a force with huner abilities. Or you can look at something like a Fighgunner. It may sound like it'd be a hunter and a ranger, but thats not the only way to look at it. It can be looked at as a high evade high accuracy hunter.

Its even further worsened by the fact that rangers are nothing like the rangers of PSO. But, assuming you like rangers for ranged weapons, then I'd make it look more like this:

HUmar, HUcast: Fortefighter
    HUcaseal: Fighgunner
    HUnewearl: Fighgunner without techs, Wartecher with techs. (I'd lean towards fighgunner personally)

RAcast, RAcaseal: Fortegunner
    RAmar: Fighgunner
    RAmarl: Guntecher

FOmar, FOmarl: Wartecher
    FOnewm, FOnewearl: Fortecher

Protranser... is like if you decided to make a character with lower attack and defence than a force, the magic ability of if a cast could use techs. And then gave them the ability to use traps instead.

On 2006-10-14 22:27, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    I dunno, after seeing the stats and abilities, I might have a bit different things to say. Also, mixing in the fictional classes kind of disqualifies most things.

First off, protranser, although it uses traps, isn't like any cast of PSO. They're frail, and more of a jack of all trades that fails at everything. Its an interesting thing indeed. I don't see the point of them. Perhaps they get some huge class bonuses or something.

Beyond that, the hybrid classes aren't quite what you'd initially expect them to be. Wartecher for example isn't a hunter and a force, its more of a force with huner abilities. Or you can look at something like a Fighgunner. It may sound like it'd be a hunter and a ranger, but thats not the only way to look at it. It can be looked at as a high evade high accuracy hunter.

Its even further worsened by the fact that rangers are nothing like the rangers of PSO. But, assuming you like rangers for ranged weapons, then I'd make it look more like this:

HUmar, HUcast: Fortefighter
    HUcaseal: Fighgunner
    HUnewearl: Fighgunner without techs, Wartecher with techs. (I'd lean towards fighgunner personally)

RAcast, RAcaseal: Fortegunner
    RAmar: Fighgunner
    RAmarl: Guntecher

FOmar, FOmarl: Wartecher
    FOnewm, FOnewearl: Fortecher

Protranser... is like if you decided to make a character with lower attack and defence than a force, the magic ability of if a cast could use techs. And then gave them the ability to use traps instead.
    Actually I don't see what's so bad about Protranser, they get skills and bullets up to 30, can use traps and can use a lot of weapons, given no s-ranks.

I will edit the protranser thing out if more people agree with you.

(and FOnewm/earl is already a fortecher >_>

And Mech you're partionally right but there's nothing wrong with adding a bit of info now is there?
    Everyone else, thanks.

Itsuki_chan just places too much worth on stats and forgets about some of the position and flanking bonuses one recieves in battle. Such as attacking enemies from the back, all shots/attacks are 100%acc. If you notice Protranser has alot of the big (crowd control weps) that work best at close distance. So you will a variety of Bullet elemntal shots to meet the situation accordingly and heavy melee weapons to finish the job. Lets not forget about freeze traps, they have always been useful and still are useful in PSU. Also the dot trap like burn which does a certain % of damage to enemy based on their hp will be super helpful when you get to A rank missions+ and enemies have like billions of hit points. Itsuki is right that protranser isn't like the racasts/caseals from PSO becuase in PSO you could just sit back and spam shots all day. Where as Protranser you WILL have to be a very active person on the field. Constantly switching up traps and weapons for the situation.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

Actually AC9breaker. The Protranser playstyle is EXACTLY how I play in PSO.

Thanks. Now anyone could easily encage themselves in enstranglingly short-sighted and unnecessary paradigms whenever they'd like!

PSU Machinema Producer

My world 2 characters will be PSO oldies if we get world 2

On 2006-10-15 12:13, Tycho wrote:
    Thanks. Now anyone could easily encage themselves in enstranglingly short-sighted and unnecessary paradigms whenever they'd like!
    Nah. That'd only happen whenever they listen to you.

I place emphasis in stats because as I've said in the protranser thread, the protranser can't actually equip half of the stuff its listed as being able to equip. You're basically forcibly gimped.

At level 50, you don't have the ability to equip anything above a 5s weapon. This means that weapons like launchers and axes (minimum 7s) won't be in your reach till you're in the 80+ range. Then, when viewed in a party setting. They not only have the lowest attack and accuracy of the group, they can't make up for it with weapons. To compound this, you also have 40% lower hp than nearly everyone, 50% lower hp than hunter based classes. You have the lowest defence and the inability to equip armor that compensates for that.

I'm not saying that they can't be useful at all. Just that freeze traps, damage over time traps, and damage/knock down traps can be used by rangers, fortegunners, fighgunners, and guntechers already. So their additional usefulness is very limitted. Especially since there are a lot of monsters that have high enough END that status effects basically brush off of them, and there are a lot of monsters that can't be knocked down.

If you want to play like the casts of PSO, then you're more likely to want to go something like fighgunner, which is a higher accuracy, higher evade hunter that can use traps.