Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    The First

Fortefighter is nothing like any class in PSO v.v please don't put it as such.

Figunners is closest to a HUcast/HUcaseal
    Wartecher is closest to a HUnewearl/HUmar
    Guntecher is closest to a RAmar/RAmarl
    ForteGunner is closest to RAcast/RAcaseal
    ForteForce is all of the PSO Forces

you can get more in depth than that, but really not necessary...for example
    a Cast or Beast ForteTecher are more like FOmarls and FOmars

Down for the Getdown

Fortefighter = HuCast pretty much.

The First

no fortefighters are gimped versions of the basic hunter...

On 2006-10-15 13:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    I place emphasis in stats because as I've said in the protranser thread, the protranser can't actually equip half of the stuff its listed as being able to equip. You're basically forcibly gimped.

At level 50, you don't have the ability to equip anything above a 5s weapon. This means that weapons like launchers and axes (minimum 7s) won't be in your reach till you're in the 80+ range. Then, when viewed in a party setting. They not only have the lowest attack and accuracy of the group, they can't make up for it with weapons. To compound this, you also have 40% lower hp than nearly everyone, 50% lower hp than hunter based classes. You have the lowest defence and the inability to equip armor that compensates for that.

I'm not saying that they can't be useful at all. Just that freeze traps, damage over time traps, and damage/knock down traps can be used by rangers, fortegunners, fighgunners, and guntechers already. So their additional usefulness is very limitted. Especially since there are a lot of monsters that have high enough END that status effects basically brush off of them, and there are a lot of monsters that can't be knocked down.

If you want to play like the casts of PSO, then you're more likely to want to go something like fighgunner, which is a higher accuracy, higher evade hunter that can use traps.
    Alright, update.

On 2006-10-15 13:18, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    [... W]eapons like launchers and axes (minimum 7s) won't be in your reach till you're in the 80+ range. [...] You have the lowest defence and the inability to equip armor that compensates for that.
    Huh? What makes you say that? Would units and perhaps a decent class level really not be able to make up for their relatively meagers stats later on? I thought their ability to wield A-rank Axes as well as Laser Cannons was pretty cool at least.

(@Rizeru: Yeah, especially since I never even tried to tell people what to do in the first place.)

Svm Inimicus Mali

On 2006-10-15 15:22, Tycho wrote:

(@Rizeru: Yeah, especially since I never even tried to tell people what to do in the first place.)

In Rizeru's defense, I haven't really seen where they're "telling people what to do". All I've seen presented is a short list of equivalents between PSO classes and PSU classes, for those who want to play a character with a similar role in PSU to what they played in PSO. Of course, there aren't a lot of perfect correlations, but that comes with the territory when the game engine changes. This is a guide, not a rule. Please don't jump to conclusions. =/

On 2006-10-15 13:58, DurakkenX wrote:
    no fortefighters are gimped versions of the basic hunter...
    No, you mean ForteFighter's are the not-twin-headed-saber version of the basic hunter. They equip EVERYTHING melee but twin headed sabers.

On 2006-10-15 15:58, Kupi wrote:
    On 2006-10-15 15:22, Tycho wrote:

In Rizeru's defense, I haven't really seen where they're "telling people what to do". All I've seen presented is a short list of equivalents between PSO classes and PSU classes, for those who want to play a character with a similar role in PSU to what they played in PSO. Of course, there aren't a lot of perfect correlations, but that comes with the territory when the game engine changes. This is a guide, not a rule. Please don't jump to conclusions. =/
    Don't worry Kupi. It's a personal grudge he's too pathetic to get rid of. He needs to realise that he is taking the internet too seriously. I was like him once but I slapped myself and said 'wtf am I doing?'. Now he needs to do the same XD

Thanks anyway though.

I don't play hunter, and haven't touched fortefighter. And although they don't excel in the swift weapons, they still can use them to quite an extent, with the exception of double sabers. That to me makes them seem like still truly hunter-like and gimp in no way.

@tycho: I'll admit I slightly exaggerate. I get emotional because people have this misconception that because they see pictures listing them as being able to equip these weapons, that every little protranser when they turn into a protranser is going to use these weapons as their staples.

Units don't effect what you can equip or not equip in PSU. And high class bonus may effect this. And truth is, I haven't seen what the the higher level class bonuses are like for the extended classes. Hunters get like 30 atp total from class level 1 to class level 7, and then get like 50 atp more from 8 to 10. Its still only 80-ish atp. Assuming a protranser gets something as high as 100atp, then it MIGHT be able to equip an axe by 60, but it'd definately be cutting it close, and you'd have to be beast or cast. Now, I think its unsafe to assume that they'll be getting that high. All the other classes basically get atp / ata bonuses similar to what their class is meant for. Since the protranser's starting stats are low, its pretty safe to assume that their class bonuses will also be low. Now, this could be entirely wrong. They are entirely different in every way from all other classes. they may get some huge class bonuses but very little from normal levels. But this would upset the balance of the game and I doubt sega would do such a thing. Then again, I could be proven wrong. Either way, it takes a long long time to level the expert jobs, so if you torture yourself through being a low level transer, perhaps they will reward you somehow.

On 2006-10-15 18:01, Itsuki-chan wrote:
    Units don't effect what you can equip or not equip in PSU. And high class bonus may effect this. And truth is, I haven't seen what the the higher level class bonuses are like for the extended classes. Hunters get like 30 atp total from class level 1 to class level 7, and then get like 50 atp more from 8 to 10. Its still only 80-ish atp. Assuming a protranser gets something as high as 100atp, then it MIGHT be able to equip an axe by 60, but it'd definately be cutting it close, and you'd have to be beast or cast. Now, I think its unsafe to assume that they'll be getting that high. All the other classes basically get atp / ata bonuses similar to what their class is meant for. Since the protranser's starting stats are low, its pretty safe to assume that their class bonuses will also be low. Now, this could be entirely wrong. They are entirely different in every way from all other classes. they may get some huge class bonuses but very little from normal levels. But this would upset the balance of the game and I doubt sega would do such a thing. Then again, I could be proven wrong. Either way, it takes a long long time to level the expert jobs, so if you torture yourself through being a low level transer, perhaps they will reward you somehow.
    Right, I see. I forgot about the units for a bit. I heard that class level-up bonuses increased later on though, so we could at least hope.

On 2006-10-15 17:44, Rizeru wrote:
    It's a personal grudge he's too pathetic to get rid of.
    Yeah, obviously.
    I do not even know you. I do not see in what way it would be possible for people to immediately choose a style of play in PSU based on what they were doing in a different game, rather than just actually -trying- everything, then making a decision based on what they found more personally. There's probably some advanced logic behind its actual purpose though, which is way beyond me.