View Poll Results: I've been playing the 360 beta for a while now, and I love it, despite some rather small downfalls.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fortegunner: Grenade Launcher + Beam Cannon FTW!

18 62.07%
  • Guntecher: Strafe-shooting AND Magic! COME ON!

11 37.93%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I've been playing the 360 beta for a while now, and I love it, despite some rather small downfalls. Through my experiences, I've learned that a Rifle + Twin Handgun combo works great for Rangers, and a Spear or Mechgun/Saber works well for melee, as long as you enchant all of your weapons with Freeze. (Mechguns freeze opponents faster than you'd believe!)

Now, my problem. Rifles are great, especially since they're more accurate, have more range and more ammo. However, I REALLY like my Twin Handguns. With them, you can strafe and shoot at the same time, without ever stopping to shoot, not to mention the high rate of fire really gives baddies a cold foot. But, Fortegunners are stuck with A-tier Twin Handguns, while Guntechers have S-tier Twin Handguns. I almost want to go Guntecher just for the little guys!

But, Fortegunners have S-rank in weapons I've never even used; Grenade Launchers and Laser Cannons. These weapons seem fantastic, but since I've never tried them, and since it's not in the beta... I can't really choose.

Also, Guntechers have magic! Sure, I'm a CAST so my TP is about as low as your average troll, but it's definetly something to consider.

So, help me out. How do Grenade Launchers and Laser Cannons stack up? Should I give up my trusty strafe-shooting Twin Freeze Handguns for something foreign to me, or keep them and get magic and crossbows to boot?

Help!

I'd try the Grenade Launchers and Beam cannons first. Thanks to the ability of switching jobs, you can try both.

But if you don't feel like that, I'd say Guntecher would be more useful. Machine Gun and Cane combo with one attack spell and resta helps you solo.

Almost forgot about class-switching! Thanks for the reminder, Enix.

BTW... I can't seem to figure out how to make the poll question shorter and independent of the actual topic-starter post, and I can't find the Forum Tips/FAQ... a little help?

I like the stat bonus of Forte classes.. here they are.

Guntecher

Fortegunner

IMO The weapons Fortegunner get are pretty sweet .. But try the weapons out and go with whatever you like to use most.

Wow, those are some top-notch pics. I'm still not sure in the long run what I'll be, but I do know I'll start off as a Fortegunner and switch if I don't like the Grenade Launcher and Beam Cannon.

I guess this thread can stay as a Fortegunner vs. Guntecher thread! ;]

On 2006-10-16 01:16, Asura17 wrote:
    I like the stat bonus of Forte classes.. here they are.

Guntecher

Fortegunner

IMO The weapons Fortegunner get are pretty sweet .. But try the weapons out and go with whatever you like to use most.
    Where did you get those?

On 2006-10-16 01:35, Elleranda wrote:

Where did you get those?
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...21267&forum=20

On 2006-10-16 01:44, Ether wrote:
    On 2006-10-16 01:35, Elleranda wrote:

Where did you get those?
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...21267&forum=20
    Yeah, I had just managed to find them and came here to edit my post. Thanks though.

I would take those stat differences with a grain of salt. The hybrid classes are weird in the way they level. The stats appear to be offset, so at very low levels, they look lower than they should be. I still haven't gotten around toy comparisons, but when I do, I'll post them.

As a cast, I say seriously consider fortegunner. It really emphasizes the qualities of a RAcast. You also have to keep in mind just how low a Guntecher's TAP is. The only tech you'll really be gaining is resta. Even as a newman guntecher, I probably deal less tech damage than a FOcast. Its not like you'd completely need to give up your dual handguns, you just won't be able to use the top of the top teir of them.

I'm going fortegunner all the way... I don't know the potential of grenade launcher/laser cannon yet but they must have some powerful advantages in their own way.