Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guilds / Clans

Dad Gamer raising a future Gurl Gamer.

I am pretty sure I read that at least at release PSU will not feature any type of Guild/Clan controls and so forth. That being said are there any Guilds/Clans being planned without said tools. Maybe just via a Guild website and so forth. Just curious.

With a game that doesn't have content that demands large groups of people, I've never seen guilds or clans necessary. Other than just for the hell of it.

I could see them just as a way for a group of people to get to know each other and if your regular friends are online you could have people to group with without relying on a PUG.

Theres unofficial guilds yes , did you check the player match up forums?

Also on the official PSU forums :
    http://phantasystaruniverse.com/index.php

Guilds/Clands are good. You don't need tools to forum a guild or clan. All you need is a community. Here check out my guild for PSU called APATHY. Here are two legendary quotes:

On 2006-09-28 03:27, Ryogen wrote:
    I read though the thread and many of you don't have a fully understand of what most guilds are and what most guilds isn't. A guild in PSU would most likely be for easy communication, trustworthy, friendship and a helping hand in a community. Would you rather be in a guild where you have people you can play with, communicate, trust (with items, money, etc), and befriend with rather than be with people who will use you, backstab, annoy, nag or make a dishonest trade with you?

Many guilds are made for a community basis. Communication, trust, friendship and a helping hand. That is what real guilds are about. Stop comparing PSU to games like WoW and Everquest. A different game is a different goal.

Some of you lost the idea of a Guild as a easy communication community rather than a powerleveling, powerhungry and fame based play. Most guilds are like that, but I don't think a guild like that would make it far in PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryogen on 2006-09-28 03:28 ]</font>
    On 2006-09-28 05:43, AngelLight wrote:
    Alot of these negative responses seem to be from people who were having organizational problems and/or conflicts in previous MMOs, mainly focused on FFXI which is pretty much on it's last legs. I haven't played FFXI in quite a long time, but from what I've heard its been rapidly spiraling downhill. In that case then, any MMO will be a fresh start, including here.

However, like anything, a good guild or clan will support an ideal of team play, cooperation, and family. Any competent "non-power-rushing" organization will tell you that. Since this game will also not open up with PvP, these tenents are even more critical to the PvE focus then in any other MMO. And yet, what we're seeing here is a more soloist bent (yes you'll rack up lots of friends and could theoretically play with them, but it seems that there's more of a hardline independence coming from the PSO forum community). I suspect that this too is also due to the fact that most of its members seem to be ex-FFXI players, aka the most solo unfriendly MMO on the face of the planet today. Nothing wrong with being able to solo from time to time.

But, in the end, if you're in a good guild....with good people....who share the same idealogy....there's no reason why that guild should ever have drama or cause friction. What everyone seems to be describing is either a PvP bent (which wont exist here for the time being) or poor leadership or organizational problems. But again, I imagine I wont convert anyone due to the fact that I truly sympathize with anyone who has played FFXI this long.

The only thing that really surprised me on this thread was that there's a mod for this site posting anti-guild when the site itself has its own personal "team page" hosting for guilds

Of course, even mods have the right to have their own opinions. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-09-28 05:45 ]</font>

The Last Raven

Why do you wanna make a clan? Just so people know you know people so you don't look like a loser? And if I remeber clans where luaghed off PSO Xbox as being dumb

On 2006-10-16 00:16, Genobee wrote:
    Why do you wanna make a clan? Just so people know you know people so you don't look like a loser? And if I remeber clans where luaghed off PSO Xbox as being dumb
    No, for the same reason there are clans in any MMO. So you can have a pool of people that you can group with if your regular friends aren't on so you don't have to resort to a total PUG (Pick up Group).

Also to pool resources and for other reasons.

On 2006-10-16 00:24, NeuroNomad wrote:
    On 2006-10-16 00:16, Genobee wrote:
    No, for the same reason there are clans in any MMO. So you can have a pool of people that you can group with if your regular friends aren't on so you don't have to resort to a total PUG (Pick up Group).

Also to pool resources and for other reasons.
    Never listen to the peanut gallery. If you make a clan for the right reasons, based on teamwork, friendship, trust, and community, you will suceed no matter how many nay sayers there are. Your out there to mingle and have fun, not to be the best. As long as you keep that in mind you will have a good clan.

May clans look for strength and power or want to have certian requirements that most can't meet. Don't follow that path, becuase it will lead to a failure. Watch our clan for a while and you will see how a good clan operates bro.

A caseal contruction lab, someplace on the guardians colony...

No, there are no clans in the game;
    No, they don't have any plans to put clans in the game;
    No, they probably never WILL have plans to put guilds in the game;
    No, clans in PSU are NOT a good idea -- it's a redundant, waste of space, that elitests need to try and feel special;
    No, the idea offers nothing new to the sense of "community", nor anything helpful that the ingame friends list and partner card system doesn't offer.

Seriously, if I had a nickle for every time someone created another topic about guilds in PSU... I'd have a shit load of nickles.

Making a Mega Man clone! Check it out! http://gigaguygame.blogspot.com/

I can't believe the harsh response in regards to the ideal of Guilds within the game. To those that are deadset against them, have you played other MMOs? So far all the MMOs I have played (and its well over a dozen of them) all had guilds and it was always a plus not a negative. Sure there are some elitist guilds out there, but the small ones that are just made up of friendly likeminded people that like to help each other out are a lot more common.

Maybe I am missing something as to why people dislike them so much in regards to PSU.