Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how fast do they go up and what changes when they do go up?
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Tough to say, there isn't a visible number, just a progress bar.

100pts? 200pts? Wish I knew for sure.

Once you level up your class you receive a stat boost depending on what class you are. Hunters get HP, ATP and DFP I believe?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 2006-10-18 11:53 ]</font>

Leader of -=[PK]=-

I'm guessing the harder the missions are the more points awarded to you.

In General, that's the case. From what I saw in the Beta, the points awarded were a lot less than what they give you for the same mission, offline. I guess that's the way the online experience was set up.

Your standard stats, like HP and stuff are actually upgraded when you go up a character level, not a class level. However, what class you are, while you go up in character level helps dictate which of your stats go up and by how much.

Your class level, in general, has more to do with what level of class-specific items and such you can get your hands on and use. It may also perhaps have an influence as to what level of skills/techs you can use as well; but I haven't tested that to be sure. I could be wrong about that.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Class level doesn't seem to do much. You get a small increase in your stats, regardless of current job, for every class level you go up, though (the bonus carries over to other jobs). But as far as I can tell, the actual level of the classes don't dictate anything other than requirements for expert classes.

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

so if Im char lvl 10 class hunter lvl 2 and I switch to force lvl 1, will be as if I leveld to 10 as a force?
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Erroneous Deity

I have a question regarding switching classes. Lets say if I start as a level 1 Human Hunter, and level to say level 10. If I switch my class to a Force, I know I retain my character level (10), but are my stats affect by the class change?

For example when I change my class from the Hunter to Force will my stats be skewed to be hunter-like since I obtain 10 levels as a hunter or will it reflect as if I took Force from level 1 to 10.

Hope that makes since.

Right now, I would have to say yes and no.

As you switch classes, you'll see your various stats get modified by a percentage (up or down), by the alterations that a class would for your character. However, remember, as you level, your stats permanently upgrade so the percentage of difference is based on what your true stat average is.

So yes, switching to hunter from force will show it lowering your Technique stat and increasing attack power (for instance), by a percentage of what you've built it up to be.

It's quite possible that they could use a different method, like having a standardized stat increase, per character level, based on your Racial choice, and then it's modified by the class you chose at the time. However, that takes more playtime than what I've done so far, to be sure.

Still, since the true power of a character is a combination of both stats, and what their class level is capable of using; I'd say both are important to increase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-18 12:18 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Yes, if you switch class your character stats will appear as though you gained those character levels as the class you've recently switched to.

can someone give a generalized ratio to how many character levels to job levels? I realize that they are not dependent on each other. For example every 2 character levels = 1 job level (2:1). My ratio is not true. Can someone who has played the game give a more accurate (doesn't have to be perfect like I said before) ratio compared to mine? Thanks.