Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know every PSO game has distributed xp the same way forever, but I was wondering if there is anyway to share it all evenly. For Example, you're playing a force char and have to heal members and dont get a hit in on certain monsters (you get no xp). Or you don't get the last hit on a monster and you get about 80% of the xp the killer got. It's not really a big deal I just wanted to see how the rest of people reacted to this. It would make more sense if the WHOLE party got even xp. Just wondering what other's thoughts are on this.

Im sure there be a fair even system.

You earn your exp, no freeloaders in PSU.

Yeah shes just saying like whoever hits the monster gets a chunk of the xp off of it.

It's the same as it was in PSO: tag an enemy by dealing damage to it or hitting it with a support spell, get partial experience (somewhere between 60% to 80%, can't remember the exact figure). Kill the monster, get the full experience.

Only difference is, doing zero damage to an enemy doesn't count as a tag anymore.

Badass Billionaire Extraordinaire

On 2006-10-19 09:13, Beeach wrote:
    For Example, you're playing a force char and have to heal members and dont get a hit in on certain monsters (you get no xp). Or you don't get the last hit on a monster and you get about 80% of the xp the killer got. It's not really a big deal I just wanted to see how the rest of people reacted to this. It would make more sense if the WHOLE party got even xp. Just wondering what other's thoughts are on this.
    Adjust your play style accordingly.

Sometimes it's best to bust out the cane/gun combo just to tag first with the gun, then do what needs to be done afterward with the cane, especially in easy areas where the HUs mop up too fast.

As for exp. It creates a driving force among the team to kill fast and hit everything. If you obtained exp for doing nothing, some players would do just that.... nothing or very little. Do I feel it's balanced? Not really. Some classes are going to come out with more exp per run overall, and different weapon styles are going to tag better than others. It's within the players ability to compensate for that and figure out the best way to maximize their exp gain without compromising their performance.

I do feel ST could of came up with a better exp sharing method IMO, that still instills the need for everyone to pull their own weight or suffer for it.

force can get EXP easy they have area attacks .. just run in throw out a few area attack spells .. then sit back and heal if you want

I know guys. I asked for your thoughts not how it distributes xp, lol...

It's just if you have the choice to heal a player or tag an enemy to get the xp, well it kinda sux in that aspect.

As for freeloaders, kick them out of the party if they're not helping?

Projectile attacks FTW!

sucks for forces, guess I cant complain when they are too busy hitting everything to heal now.
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl