Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

This class is really appealing to me and I'm really curious to know what I should expect by picking this one.

I'm an ex-WoW player and I loved to play Paladins and Shamans, which are kind of similar (melee + magic) but in this game, they had a very big problem. Their healing/magic damage would just not be enough compared to a priest or a mage (a force in comparison) and their melee would suck compared to a melee specialized class with no healing/magic damage (a hunter?).

I don't want to be left out because I'm not specialized in any. I know hybrid classes sounds nice for a party but eventually people might realize they prefer a good combination of non-hybrid classes to perform.

Also, can Wartecher use Fans?

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matduke on 2006-10-20 07:50 ]</font>

The Magnanimous Guardian Magician's Avatar

Yes, Wartecher can use fans. But the only S-rank items they can use are Dagger and Twin Dagger. Plus, with their Skill and Techniques topping at level 20, you'll have to be comfortable with everyone (who picks a non-hybrid class) being more powerful than you as either hunter or a force.

On 2006-10-20 07:49, matduke wrote:
    This class is really appealing to me and I'm really curious to know what I should expect by picking this one.

I'm an ex-WoW player and I loved to play Paladins and Shamans, which are kind of similar (melee + magic) but in this game, they had a very big problem. Their healing/magic damage would just not be enough compared to a priest or a mage (a force in comparison) and their melee would suck compared to a melee specialized class with no healing/magic damage (a hunter?).

I don't want to be left out because I'm not specialized in any. I know hybrid classes sounds nice for a party but eventually people might realize they prefer a good combination of non-hybrid classes to perform.

Also, can Wartecher use Fans?

Thanks!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: matduke on 2006-10-20 07:50 ]</font>
    Here's the thing, WoW and PSU are on totally diffrent types of play systems. IN WoW, you have set roles, these roles the game bases its mechanics behind, mainly to commemorate the fact that aside from instances, the number of players could be massive. Becuase of this they had to limit the power of what One particular class could have/do. For this its going to be broken down into moreandmore nitches.

The role of a Tank, Primary Healer, AOE'r, and Melee DPS'er, are pretty much what you will find in a WoW set up. Also WoW has another game aspect to balance these classes around, which is PVP, making hybrids tricky to make.

PSU doesn't have so many restirctions, so their hybrid classes are quite honestly more unique and powerful. You won't be so limited as a Wartecher as you would say trying to make a Retribution Spec'd Paladin, or a Survival Spec'd Hunter, or even a Melee baesd Shaman. The main role of those base classes is still underlined, which is why you can only deviate so far in a game like WoW with hybrids, cus it would make the base classes too weak in comparison as far as PVP goes, and would throw raiding off entirely.

I guess what I'm attempting to say is there's no true active comparison to classes PSU to WoW. You should check out psupedia.com and take a look at the diffrent expert classes, find the set of weapons they use that you feel you will enjoy and specialize in them. Whatever route you take you'll be contributing to your team in some way which is what makes this game in ways more appealing.

I Hope this helps a slight bit :/

Mah 10 cents

Specialty and hybrid classes are both limited in one way or another. It just depends on what you really want out of a char as opposed to what limitations you can live with.

Yes, I'm checking PSUPedia Expert Classes section daily and I'm completely torn between nearly all of them. I first want to invest myself completely in one of them, even if I should probably try all of them eventually.

On 2006-10-20 08:11, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
    Specialty and hybrid classes are both limited in one way or another. It just depends on what you really want out of a char as opposed to what limitations you can live with.
    I'm just saying that, as a Wartecher, you'll never be the strongest force and you'll never be the strongest hunter, but you'll be very good at both.
    Is that something you'd want to play as? When you play a game like PSU, a game that can take hundreds of hours of your life to enjoy, I'd ask yourself if it's something you can live with.

Maybe, if I really want to try a greater variety of weapons. I'm personally going to make a fortefighter as my main char. I'm with you and would rather be a master of my trade as opposed to not so good but well versed. others will want more variety and will be happy (hopefully) with a hybrid. my second char will be a Figunner as a variety of weapons is more condusive to my play style as a ranger more so than as a hunter.

I also have a second question but don't want to start a completely new topic...

I like to play in party but I also like to solo a lot. Which class has proven itself to be the most productive soloer? Ranger, hunter or force?

On 2006-10-20 08:20, Alpha-Hunter wrote:
    Maybe, if I really want to try a greater variety of weapons. I'm personally going to make a fortefighter as my main char. I'm with you and would rather be a master of my trade as opposed to not so good but well versed. others will want more variety and will be happy (hopefully) with a hybrid. my second char will be a Figunner as a variety of weapons is more condusive to my play style as a ranger more so than as a hunter.
    I was very torn too. Two weeks before the beta I was mulling over the expert classes to see what I'd like. Originally, I had my heart set on a fortecher. But then I started playing the demo and I really enjoyed being a hunter; on top of that I tried the knuckles for the first time and loved them. I still wanted a character that could use techniques; wartecher, easy choice for me. Power though, is very attractive. Its difficult not wanting to be the strongest in one particular class.

On 2006-10-20 08:24, matduke wrote:
    I also have a second question but don't want to start a completely new topic...

I like to play in party but I also like to solo a lot. Which class has proven itself to be the most productive soloer? Ranger, hunter or force?
    Every class does well soloing. Instead, you may want to test every weapon that you can. I found that I despise guns, sans the handgun. So it was easy for me to pass on the ranger class. Find the weapon you dig the most and find the expert class that can use it and go from there.