Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On 2006-10-20 20:06, FenixStryk wrote:
    The most expensive class is the Ranger. You go through ammo like you wouldn't believe.
    Can't you get auto-rechargeable ammo?

On 2006-10-20 19:55, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

How were FOs a money sink? I can understand if you were a cast or something, but FOs? The only things a FO needs to splurge on in PSO are fluids lol unless you raised your mags on your FO which prolly makes sense if you didn;t have a gripe about how the mags looked or what PBs you got. Though PBs don't really matter for a FO unless you were a Melee FO.
    I don't know about you, but I always found myself in dire need of fluids considering that everything I did revolved around TP, and until very hard mode I've found meseta hard to come by, in addition to the upgrading of Techs and what not because the game wasn't feeling gracious enough to give you something at a level you could learn. I never had a problem with money when I experimented with casts, I just wanted more inventory space for mates. And even then I wouldn't have to rush back every so often to restock like when I was a force. Still love the force though, mmm, techs.

Yeah, cast rangers are a money sink. You need to carry around quite a few guns to make sure you keep some PP. Though maybe that's just because I usually duo instead of playing in a full party. I don't know. And the cast part makes it more of a money sink because you need to buy the armor with the extra slot and then the SUV weapon. Eeek.

Veteran Fighter

On 2006-10-20 20:06, FenixStryk wrote:
    The most expensive class is the Ranger. You go through ammo like you wouldn't believe.
    That's not 100% true, I can do the same with HU or FO at the same speed, except for one difference, I'd actually have dead mobs

On 2006-10-20 20:17, PLURSprout wrote:
    On 2006-10-20 19:55, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

How were FOs a money sink? I can understand if you were a cast or something, but FOs? The only things a FO needs to splurge on in PSO are fluids lol unless you raised your mags on your FO which prolly makes sense if you didn;t have a gripe about how the mags looked or what PBs you got. Though PBs don't really matter for a FO unless you were a Melee FO.
    I don't know about you, but I always found myself in dire need of fluids considering that everything I did revolved around TP, and until very hard mode I've found meseta hard to come by, in addition to the upgrading of Techs and what not because the game wasn't feeling gracious enough to give you something at a level you could learn. I never had a problem with money when I experimented with casts, I just wanted more inventory space for mates. And even then I wouldn't have to rush back every so often to restock like when I was a force. Still love the force though, mmm, techs.
    I can see that being an issue if you play with other peeps, I soloed alot so I had no prob with meseta as a FO. I also made it a habit to piping before going to the next section of a stage and sell stuff and buy more fluids before continuing. I do recall making only a minor profit after selling stuff and then buying more fluids, id sell maybe 5k worth of stuff and spend like 4k or more on fluids lol It was also kinda dirty that when your playing on ULT and VH you could only buy Difluid and Trifluids >.<

Pure Force.

Can't wait to start my Force. I don't care if it costs alot of meseta like it did last time...

Went through stupid amounts of Trifluids, lol. Ah, I can't wait.

EDIT: Not even sure if there are fluids in PSU. Probably, eh?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Losodo1976 on 2006-10-20 22:30 ]</font>

On 2006-10-20 22:05, Blackwaltz-R wrote:

I can see that being an issue if you play with other peeps, I soloed alot so I had no prob with meseta as a FO. I also made it a habit to piping before going to the next section of a stage and sell stuff and buy more fluids before continuing. I do recall making only a minor profit after selling stuff and then buying more fluids, id sell maybe 5k worth of stuff and spend like 4k or more on fluids lol It was also kinda dirty that when your playing on ULT and VH you could only buy Difluid and Trifluids >.<
    Oh my word, I remember the first time I realized I couldn't buy monofluids anymore I went bankrupt, it was that bad. But I would always end up having to play solo so I could get enough money so I could play in a party so I'd have enough experience to play solo. It was a vicious cycle it was. At least casts only have to really worry about a few healing items from time to time. And the trap detection was a godsend. (what really made them hard for me was the lack of shifta and deband)

So, back on topic, seeing as rangers are reportedly costly, is it a big enough hassle that it would actually keep you from playing one (I guess this would apply to Protranser too)?

In a word : no

i solo-ed the B rank when they opened up for me using two rifles,double handgun,mechgun/sager,shotgun,spear

all of which i had to go back and refill after each block. almost 200 each time , but it was totally worth it.

On 2006-10-20 22:29, Losodo1976 wrote:
    Can't wait to start my Force. I don't care if it costs alot of meseta like it did last time...

Went through stupid amounts of Trifluids, lol. Ah, I can't wait.

EDIT: Not even sure if there are fluids in PSU. Probably, eh?
    Heck, I knew I wasn't the only one who went through that, and since there are no technic points, I don't think there are fluids. So now we just get to spend millions of meseta recharging weapons.... YAY!!!! Oh, wait...

On 2006-10-20 22:34, Grr wrote:

i solo-ed the B rank when they opened up for me using two rifles,double handgun,mechgun/sager,shotgun,spear

all of which i had to go back and refill after each block. almost 200 each time , but it was totally worth it.
    Very cool, other than the cost, did you find it to be easy?

On 2006-10-20 22:34, Grr wrote:

I'm going to argue the other way. Once you get to around level 40+, you actually end up using less PP than some of the other classes, and theres always ways around PP recharge costs (For example using +6 to +7 3 star weapons rather than ungrinded 6 star weapons, etc).

Soloing B-rank right now basically just takes twice as long for twice the reward and twice the cost. In other words, theres not a whole lot of point in it, you could just fly through C-rank and get the same. PP-recharges... depending on the weapons I use... I'll make say about 2500 a run, have about ~500 meseta in supplies, for about 10-12 minutes of work. Plus the occasional rares.