Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

don't get me wrong, i love the system, creaming my pants for xbox:live, love the controller even...

but i'd just like to be reminded (hopefully) that we're not all assholes here, trying to dis everyone from Sony to Nintendo to the 3 legged dog hopping in the alleyway...

call it a needed reminder...

PSO will come out when it comes out, the wait will be hard, still, but we knew it was gonna come out later from the start.

my one biggest gripe about the system being the lack of variety, but things will even out over the holiday season i feel...

and on another note, we can't be too hard on nintendo, they have given us Rare haven't they...lol...

Skilled Fighter

*Raises hand*

I own an XBOX. It sickens me when Gamecube fanboys degrade and mindlessly bash the wonderful console that is the Microsoft XBOX, and it also sickens me just as much when XBOX fanboys degrade and mindlessly bash the wonderful console that is the Nintendo Gamecube.

Mod+Bat = Family Fun

Very true... Most every fanboy only owns one system and hence has some form of unexplainable loyalty. I just wish people would give the systems a chance before mindlessly bashing them! Perhaps MTV has rotted their little brains O.O

lol. great system? i don't mean to bash nintendo....i mean i have a hate for all 3 systems. nintendo more the all though because it interests me the least and the games just arn't my style. i do bash it sometimes however it does have it's good qualities. i am probably a PS2 Fanboy or something but even ps2 has things that just piss the F**** out of me. i tend to look at the lesser qualities of the systems unfortunatly. it's a bad habbit of mine and I just can't seem to get around it. I'd personally just rather have my PS2 with PSO ps2 version. however that'll never happen so uh-OH! i purchased all 3 systems because each system does and WILL have it's own great games. Nintenod Impresses me the least just because i'm not fond of the games that go to it. I'm sorry but 6 marios from nintendo to n64 was enough for me. and i don't really like nintendos games cept pso tha much. it's personal opinion. i'm sorry if i do bash though. i tend to try to tell my truthful opinion and back it up with facts. not just say somthin for no reason.

PSU X360 Warrior

I have all 3. I hate fanboy rants. I bought PSO for GCN because I am impatient lol. I probably wont buy the XBOX one unless it is leaps above my cube one though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MilkManX on 2002-11-12 17:12 ]</font>

PSOX player, so get over it!!

I have owned an original nintendo, N64, dreamcast, gameboy original, gameboy color, gameboy adavnace. i don't bash PS2 b/c they have a great deal of great titles to make up for everything but that is b/c the system has been out longer than Xbox. The only reason i have a problem with gamecube is when back when it was called Project Dolphin or whatever it was supposed to be some great glorious future of gaming and then Nintendo slpped some 18th century stone age technology in the thing. Now i'm not saying the system is retarded but Nintendo just made it harder for devs to make great games. Xbox on the other hand has power to spare. Halo for instance is said to take up very little of xbox's total power but it runs so great since devs had an easy time designing for the system, same goes for PS2. That's all I really have to say. I am not trying to flame but am just disappointed after all these great years Nintendo goes and screws up.
    -Tigertron-

Ok, I'm confused. Maybe someone can explain this to me. So when you go online with the X-Box after your initial one year you get with the kit you only pay $10 a month no matter what games you play.. with no additional charges? How the heck does this finance all servers required to run the games? I think I heard somewhere that Microsoft was going to run the PSO servers for the X-Box, but does this mean they will do everything like running events and such too? If other mmorpgs come along will they be covered in the $10 as well? To me it just seems like this is in no way enough to cover everything that I hear will be available in their online strategy. Most mmorpgs for the computer run at least $10 a month from what I have heard(never played any myself just remember a friend telling me he played like $9.95 a month for the ones he played) so this figure seems very strange to me. That's $10 for just one game. Is Microsoft going to be dipping into their own pockets for this as well? It just seems strange that $10 will be enough to cover EVERYTHING.

Droid Hunter, Killer of Rappies

Remember, this is Microsoft here. They can blow billions and not be affected.

It is 10 dollars for the Xbox Live service. Every online game on the Xbox will have it's fees integrated with the Xbox Live service. MS has actually said that the other companies can not pile on additional fees, at least I believe they have.

The answer is very simple. The only actual games that will be fully hosted on Live's server will be MMORPG's. As for the rest of the game, the server won't be doing nearly as much work as everyone's x-box that will be playing the game. So, they really don't have to use as much bandwidth as you would think.

As for x-box bashing, *sighs*

A lot of the time, I will hear stupid crap such as "The only good game is halo," when thats about the only game they have played, even if they did. I think people that bash the x-box are some of the most unintelligent gamers around. 95% percent of the bashers have dumb reasons for why they don't like the x-box. I'm sure most of these bashers were saying the same things about the PSX when it was first released.