Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

We can all look at psupedia and see what the numbers are, but I really don't know what they mean. If I make a FOcast, just how weak is that character's Technics going to be? Anyone in Beta play around with making weak characters to test this sort of thing?

HUnewms and FOcasts and RAbeasts are combinations that are less than stellar, but how bad are they actually? Is a CAST Guntecher so weak on technics there's no point in even bothering?

Newmen Activist

I wouldn't say casts are bad a casting, however their pa limits and the points used to cast techinuqes are somewhat limited.

Numbers tell you nothing, they also don't help you decide. As good advice, when the game comes out, make a 'FOcast' and see if it is any good, if not, make a new character.

Tired Cynic

On 2006-10-23 12:49, JaiBlue wrote:
    I wouldn't say casts are bad a casting, however their pa limits and the points used to cast techinuqes are somewhat limited.
    PA limits depend on your class, not your race.

If by 'the points used to cast techniques' you mean PP, that depends on your weapon, and the cost of casting a technic depends on the technic itself obviously, as well as its level.

I don't really know if Casts are bad at casting, but they do have the lowest TP of all four races, which is what really counts.

On 2006-10-23 12:49, JaiBlue wrote:
    ...What?

PA limits are the same for all races (assuming they're the same class), the the points used to cast techniques, PP, are bound to the weapon being used. Neither of these are race-dependant.

Anyway, regarding numbers on PSUPedia, TP (referred to by some as "TAP") is the main modifier for damage output of a technique. For example, Foie level 1's damage is approximately 206% TP, meaning, the base damage formula for the technique is TP*2.06 (enemy resistance to the element is factored after this). I don't remember if that's the exact percentage for level 1 Foie, and PSUPedia isn't loading for me at the moment, but that should give you an idea of how TP affects techniques. MST is only used in the calculation for defending against elemental attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2006-10-23 13:13 ]</font>

ProTip: To damage your credibility, simply call any of the Phantasy Star games "massively-multiplayer."

Newmen Activist

umm guess I was wrong @_@

CASTs aren't BAD, but they're definetly not the best. Try to avoid the magic, but if your class is a hybrid, like Guntecher, just accept it.

Foie cast by each of the starting classes...

Newman: 140ish
    Human: 100ish
    Beast: 80ish
    CAST: 60ish

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.ph...cle&artid=2430

Yeah, i'm gonna love my FOnewearl.

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.

Casts suck so much balls at force, thats why they have not only godly atp but GODLY ata AND high hp, they are meant to be a hunter/ranger type of char and nothing else, playing anything else is gimping yourself really hard ive heard newmans can hit for 600 whill at the same lvl a cast will do 350-400

Cast force = noob

Cast figunner = god among men

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cause_I_Own_U on 2006-10-23 13:24 ]</font>

...well, at least Resta can't be resisted, right?

...right? >_>

PSO2-JP: Ship 2; Bouncer/Braver, Tiana Cross.