Thread: FavIcon

So, here's an idea for a contest or something. Have somebody design the "FavIcon" for the site. (It's the icon that goes to the left of the address bar - doesn't show up in IE6, but it does in IE7 and in Firefox).

I'm pretty sure that the icon used to be the gamespy symbol when we were being hosted by them.

The icon size, btw is 16x16.

Yeah, PSOW is missing this icon for the browser.
    Hey, SKuda.. it's your call. ;]
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

On 2006-10-24 08:00, rbf2000 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that the icon used to be the gamespy symbol when we were being hosted by them.
    We are still being hosted by them; we're just not on PlanetDreamcast, anymore.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

I knew something changed. But I guess that "Powered by gamespy" icon at the bottom of the page should have probably given it away... But I still think making a custom icon is a good idea.

Yes, we have been lacking an icon for some time.

A contest would be great. I can't think of anything for an icon on the spot, so having a bunch of minds together would be awesome.

The entrants would need to be judged on something like:

- artistic merit
    - how well it depicts PSOW as a whole

Quality would definately be key in something like this.

I'll see if we can set something up.

Thanks for the great idea, rbf2000.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skuda on 2006-10-25 01:48 ]</font>

Heh, I actually really like this idea and would certainly enter. A war over 256 pixels! Make it happen!

No idea what the 'prize' could be though, other than the obvious "it gets used as the FavIcon".

[small][i](hmm.. 'wacko' is 15x15...)[/i][/small]

I vote or my PSU-W logo.