Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Lik-Sang

Cause That's How I Roll

Tue Oct 24 2006 21:58:51 Hong Kong Time - Corporate Info

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - OUT OF BUSINESS NOTICE

Hong Kong, October 24th of 2006 - Lik-Sang.com, the popular gaming retailer from Hong Kong, has today announced that it is forced to close down due to multiple legal actions brought against it by Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Sony claimed that Lik-Sang infringed its trade marks, copyright and registered design rights by selling Sony PSP consoles from Asia to European customers, and have recently obtained a judgment in the High Court of London (England) rendering Lik-Sang's sales of PSP consoles unlawful.

As of today, Lik-Sang.com will not be in the position to accept any new orders and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal.
    http://www.lik-sang.com/news.php?artc=3901

Such a good site for imports.

RIP Lik-Sang

I find it hilarious that it shuts down on the release day of PSU XD

Fate conspired against some importers, ne?

Hm.. if it's true, then too bad for many importers. Perhaps, importing will be now undergound?
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Saiphos & Sydonia PSU360

This really is some BS. I'm concerned that this could be the first in a long chain of lawsuits by Sony...

On 2006-10-24 08:09, Feelmirath wrote:
    I find it hilarious that it shuts down on the release day of PSU XD

Fate conspired against some importers, ne?
    LIKE MEE!! D: i was soo snugg a few min ago till i found this out, and i adoooooored lik-sangs lightning fast shipping.

On Tue Oct 24 2006 21:58:51, Lik-Sang.com wrote
    ..and will cancel and refund all existing orders that have already been placed. Furthermore, Lik-Sang is working closely with banks and PayPal to refund any store credits held by the company, and the customer support department is taking care of any open transactions such as pending RMAs or repairs and shipping related matters. The staff of Lik-Sang will make sure that nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal.
    THAT Ladys and gentlemen, is customer service, even, till, the, end!

Sony, oh dear sony, I never knew the current downward fall of your profits would make you take such desperate measures. Money may mighty in the corporate world, but you do not fuck your clients over like this just to stay alive. I hope you're happy :J

As much as I hate to admit it, I'm an Earther / NJ

DAMNIT! that sucks i got my ASCII gamecube controller/keyboard there. and i had plans to buy various other stupid things from that site as well mannn as if my day didnt suck already

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alucard_Zer0 on 2006-10-24 09:42 ]</font>
    Nothing Good Can Ever Come From Staying With Normal People.

"ASCII" not "ASKII"-- it stands for American Standard Coode for Information Interchange.

Anyway. It looks like Sony's out to give us more reasons to boycott them, aren't they?

I've never personally been one to openly boycott anyone or anything, but dammit, I rather liked Lik-Sang, and I wasn't really a fan of Sony to begin with. Now they're just making a nuisance of themselves.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Goob job there Sony.

90% of the page is actually flooded with comments by people who our outraged at sony including myself!
    ..This could get huge

It could, however, it most likely won't. The people that shopped at lik-sang are most likely more informed buyers (they have to be, or else they wouldn't know about it) who already know to shop for items based on more than the brand (something Sony rely on heavily). So while they may have pissed off some hardcore people, it's not enough people to hurt them, and plus, they were most likely not the biggest sony purchasers anyway.

Average Joe is still going to walk into a Circuit City and by a Sony TV, receiver, speakers, head unit, whatever.

I loved lik-sang, and used them a couple of times myself, but unfortunately, the commotion they are starting is not large enough to do anything to hurt them.