Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This guide is now a 'floating sticky', feel free to bump & update any time. It might very well be a real guide once the content admin has time to work on it.
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

Got my calculations off, it's gonna need more regene disks to lower stats after 20.
    HOWEVER,

At lvl 50 you only need to have 20 mind, not 21.
    Ditto for 80, you need 30, not 31.

I'll edit accordingly.

Edit: It's still the cheapest method by a long shot. There really is no cheaper way than this. I'm still raising this PM but it's rising accordingly and it's not costing me 1/10th the cost of my pure POW PM.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Shimarisu- on 2006-10-24 18:09 ]</font>

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Woot, I got a perverted reference on a sticky!

~

Doing the calculations for amount of regene discs and dimates you need for this I came up with: 138 regenes and 880 dimates
    Both these numbers will be a good deal different if you feed it fo weapons you are bound to find. It comes up to 1018 items total which is 10.2 feedings. Again the numbers will be smaller if you are giving it fo weapons you have found.
    In case you don't believe me or want to figure out how many you need of some other item combination to get a certain pm I'll go through the steps to find it out.
    Optimum levels for a cheap mind pm would be 30 mind and 50 power since power is cheapest to raise. This means it needs 3000 mind points and 5000 power points. Dimates give +2 to mind and +6 to power. Regene discs give -2 to power and +9 to mind. Dimates are the thing we want to use the most of since they can be bought really cheap and also found for free pretty often.
    So step one for setting this up is finding how many dimates it would take to get each of these values
    3000/2 is 1500 and 5000/6 is 834.
    This means that you can't just use dimates only as feeding it 1500 of them would have it's power be too high! So this is where regene comes in. It both adds 9 mind as well as taking away 2 power.
    Second step is creating two line equations. Your y will be the number of dimates and the x the number of regenes. Basically we are going to have two lines showing the decrease in number of dimates needed to obtain mind and the increase in the number to obtain the power until they intersect.
    The equations are as follows
    y = (2/6)x+834
    This is the power equation, the y value starts at the amount of dimates needed when you are using no regenes or in other words when x is zero. As the number of regenes used(x) increases the number of dimates does at the rate of 2/6. It's 2/6 because regenes subtract two from power each and dimates add six to power each.
    Now for the mind equation
    y = 1500 - (9/2)x
    Basically set up the same way except that it is starting from the amount needed for mind and decreasing.
    then all that's left is to find the point where the lines intersect(really easy to do if you have a graphing calculator) and you have the amounts of dimates and regenes it would take to reach those optimum numbers. remember the x value is the amount of regenes and the y is the amount of dimates.

Now if you didn't follow that at all it's okay because it's not really important and I suck at explaining these sorts of things.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DrewSeleski on 2006-10-24 22:15 ]</font>

Stay true to you.

What would be a good PM for a Fortegunner?

~

Any pm but 450 is bad in battle unless you have a force or hybrid force in the party. The reason for this is that they never heal themselves unless they are the 450(mind pm) and if you don't have someone who can cast resta it's probably going to die at some point and ruin your rank.

Elitist hybrid. Merged classes can be pricks too!

For a FO? A POW based PM is best.

For wartecher? A gun based PM.

For a RA? 450 OR for a guntecher, a pow based PM.

For Fighgunner? 450.

For Fortefighter? Again, 450.

those stars being next to your name actually means something? wow, explain it to me!

On 2006-10-25 00:32, Gdiz wrote:
    those stars being next to your name actually means something? wow, explain it to me!
    Here.

I also redid most of the PM page this morning, before I knew about this thread.

On a sidenote, I'd like to note that some of the unreleased PMs that specialize in melee/ranged combat are healers as well, the difference being that they rely on items for this.

Style-bot Model No. 101

Unfortunately I'm having a hard time getting my mind around the concept. Does the 450 actually attack enemies (thusly POW being good) and has the really great benefit of being able to heal you? Otherwise if it only heals, wouldn't a greater MIND stat be better?

And as far as synthing goes, what sort of difference does the PM make? What'll be the difference between the 450 you just explained (good fighter weaponry) vs. a dedicated POW PM?